The favorite Phantasy Star game poll

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Your favorite Phantasy Star game

Phantasy Star (Master System)
17%
Phantasy Star II (Genesis)
21%
Phantasy Star II Text Adventures (Mega/Sega CD)
No votes
Phantasy Star III (Genesis)
8%
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
48%
Phantasy Star Gaiden or Adventure (Game Gear)
No votes
Phantasy Star Generation 1 (Playstation 2)
1%
Phantasy Star Generation 2 (Playstation 2)
2%
Phantasy Star Online *any episode*
3%
Phantasy Star Universe
No votes

Total votes : 230

The favorite Phantasy Star game poll

Postby Missagh » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:49 am

You guessed it right. It is time for the ultimate poll. Make your choice above!

-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Santa.. » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:02 am

I love them all, but the original Phantasy Star gets my vote. If you asked which was my second favorite, that would be a tough question.
Santa..
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby shureshanz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:01 pm

PS4 of course, i liked it more than the others
Rank A Hunter Shure Shanz
Just making the diference... the strenght is not all!
shureshanz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Zucca » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:13 pm

It's really hard to answer this. I guess PS II is my faw because of the plot. PS II and PS IV are quite eqally good in my opinion.
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:48 am

I voted for PSIII because, despite all its flaws, it has a charm that I've yet to encounter. The story, though sparse, is intrigueing, and at the last part of the game you have an "aha!" moment that ties it to the other Phantasy Star games. Also, the music was beautiful.
My second choice would be the original Phantasy Star, partially because of old school charm and music, but also because it was so revolutionary. Also, it gave me the greatest feeling of accomplishment when I beat it... it was a genuinely difficult game.
The black queen chants
The funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the Court of the Crimson King.
LaconianShot
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Amwhere » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:49 am

I had to choose PS3, too. While the game itself, well... sucks. (Finger waggle!) There's hints of a plot that the writers never got to really flesh out that could have been grand.

Of course, if they had fleshed it out, it would handcuff fanfic writers. :)

(Oh, Laconian... check zee email!)
Amwhere
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Nachtholm » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:54 am

Hard to choose between II and IV. Can't say I've played I or III. It's damn near impossible to find Master System stuff nowadays or copies of PS III and I refuse to emulate a game unless I at least OWN the original...

IV won though. Fighting Dark Force is just plain fun. The more times you can beat him like a red-headed stepchild without looking like a total goof in a PSO costume, the better :D
Progress is only an illusion for human history is an endless waltz
Nachtholm
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Mister Death » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:15 am

It's damn near impossible to find Master System stuff nowadays

http://video-games.search.ebay.co.uk/ph ... catZ112769

I chose PS2 because i prefer the music and the general atmosphere of the game. [/code]
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Mirinee » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Really tough choice. PSO is multiplayer-action/card and PS are RPGs. PS are also much older games. Taking everything into account, I think PS IV is best, although my fav' game is PSO... heck, I'm going with PS IV today.

PSI was fun after I got a dungeon map guide (I loved the girl and the Esper), PSII was too difficult for me, haven't played PSIII, PSIV was just right. My favourite thing about that RPG is the Chat, which tells you where to go next. It's really useful for playing the game over a long period of time because there were many RPGs I just got stuck dead because I couldn't remember what an NPC said two weeks ago...

Haven't played Generations.

PSO has multiplayer online, yet it doesn't have the addictiveness of being MMORPG (or does it?) and that's just incredibly fun. I love the graphics and the customisable anime-style 3-D character designs. Being able to level offline is an added bonus because not all players have online connection all of the time (at least back then). The CARD version is good in its own way too. It's very original, sort of like a board game, and PSO themed. A little slow and a bit unbalanced, but making up your own rules, it's a good change from the action of Ep I&II.

Haven't played PSU. They don't have FOmars. *blahblah*
Foie!
Mirinee
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Eminems » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:09 pm

I'd have to go with PSIV, it's just always been my favourite. I'm not a fan of PSO, and haven't played PSU.
Eminems
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:34 pm

Nachtholm wrote:Hard to choose between II and IV. Can't say I've played I or III. It's damn near impossible to find Master System stuff nowadays or copies of PS III and I refuse to emulate a game unless I at least OWN the original...

My fiance owns two copies of III. Maybe you could convince him to ebay it for you. :wink:
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Redeemer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:40 am

My favorite is PSIV, always has been for introducing me to the series in general back when Sega Channel for the genesis was available, hooking me immediately. I do like the others, for example Ive been playing PSII via emulator on my hacked psp. Superior PS emulation on the go. 8)
Once I was Valis Warrior, and then the Redeemer. But now, I am back, with 7 years experience to my belt here.
Redeemer
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Aolish » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:23 am

PS4 would most likely win because

There were/are a lot more gamers back in the genesis era/now as opposed to the early 80s early 90s. Because of this more ppl are exposed to the Phantasy Star games and naturally most people will tend to go and play a game that looks the best (which would be the latest or one of the later games in a particular series). For example, if the PS series would have continued (say up to Phantasy Star 11) the majority of people would more then likely vote for one of the much later games as being the greatest of all the PS games. The old school games are always going to be the ones that will be left behind. Of course there exceptions to this, but the general idea is there. Wait another 5-10 yrs later, the next generation of people in the year 2020 will think how bad Final Fantasy 7/Phantasy Star 4 looked like and why people from old school days could ever think that was the greatest of all FF/PS or any old school games. lol It's neverending. Hopefully this post makes sense haha :D
Aolish
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:20 am

My vote went towards PS4. It just seems to have all that a PS fan could ask for. A great story with a non-corny ending. PS2 would have been in second place for me but I'm not sure about the others. PS4 is in lead now.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby X_ulken » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 pm

i had to go with pso online, because it is a really good game and it is way ahead of it;s time
X_ulken
X_ulken
Locusta
Locusta

Next

Return to Phantasy Star