The favorite Phantasy Star game poll

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Your favorite Phantasy Star game

Phantasy Star (Master System)
17%
Phantasy Star II (Genesis)
21%
Phantasy Star II Text Adventures (Mega/Sega CD)
No votes
Phantasy Star III (Genesis)
9%
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
48%
Phantasy Star Gaiden or Adventure (Game Gear)
No votes
Phantasy Star Generation 1 (Playstation 2)
1%
Phantasy Star Generation 2 (Playstation 2)
2%
Phantasy Star Online *any episode*
3%
Phantasy Star Universe
No votes

Total votes : 231

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 am

MrKite wrote:My Top 3:

1.II
2.III
3.I

I only played the 4th one years ago when I was at a relatives house on the Sega Channel, and I only played it once. The Sega Channel was also where I first played PSII.

You should play IV again. It's so worth it. :)
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Jerry Greenwood » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:42 am

My top 5:

1 - PS1
2 - PS2
3 - PS3
4 - PS4
5 - PS Text Adventures

The only 5 I've played.
Jerry Greenwood
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:58 am

Jerry Greenwood wrote:My top 5:

1 - PS1
2 - PS2
3 - PS3
4 - PS4
5 - PS Text Adventures

The only 5 I've played.

Nice and sequential. 8)
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby ShadowKnight27 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:11 am

Phantasy Star IV, without doubt.
ShadowKnight27
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Ome_Joop » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 pm

PS2
PS4
PS1
PS3
PSO I-II-IVBlue Burst
PS0
PS2 on PS2 (would have been on top if i could understand Japanese).
PS1 on PS2 (would have been on top if i could understand Japanese).
PSG
PSO III
PS2T
PSA
Ome_Joop
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 pm

I voted PS3... It's always been my favorite, and I dunno why... Maybe it was the music, or the artwork... Which both are boring when you think of how redundant it became by the end of the game... Why DO I love this one the most? PS2 should be my favorite, it was the hardest one, with the most complex dungeons... 4 had the best story, graphics, and gameplay... One is a classic... So what addiction do I even have with the black sheep of the series? Who knows!

EDIT: You know what, I know why it is... Here it is..

Phantasy Star 1 - a classic, but I didn't even have a chance to play it until long after 4 was forgotten, and I no longer owned a sega... By the time I found PS1, it was like playing Dragon Warrior 1 on the nes, if you had never played it before, but had played the remakes on GBC or SNES... it was dull, boring, and too much grinding... The graphics I was easily able to get over, I guess because Phantasy Star does have nice graphics for an 8-bit system. But the dungeons turned me off, and the odd battle system, with only seeing one monster, and multiple hit choices was simply awful.

Phantasy Star 2 - This is probably one of the hardest RPG games that were ever made if you're not accepting any outside help... The green dam even with a map can stump you for a long time... This was WHY I liked the game... Other than it being insanely hard, Phantasy Star 2 has hardly nothing to offer you... While the story is good, it doesn't really deliver it's story at all... It becomes boring when you're not lost in a dungeon, and most of the spells you get are completely useless... COMPLETELY useless...

Phantasy Star 4 - It could of had it all... A cool hunter's guild, nice graphics, beautiful cutscenes, combo attacks, great story, long as hell, huge list of items... It had it all... Except difficulty... Phantasy Star 4 is one of the only two games I have ever played in my life, I beat my first trip through without losing all my character's lives at some point (The other game being Final Fantasy X, god that was easy)... Combo attacks??? WHY!? Everything is easy enough as it is... This game was WAY too easy, and if you are an old school player who builds up, you'll regret it soon realizing you're just stomping every opponent that comes before you. The dungeons, while a couple were big, you CANNOT get lost in... Even the air castle, has a couple of dead ends, that leads to goodies, but will put you right back on the right track... A 10 year old could beat this game.

Phantasy Star 3 - It's worst aspects are the redundant graphics, lack of animations, and slow movement... I'm an old school RPG fan, so graphics and animations have NEVER really been an issue to me... I was used to Dragon Warrior 4 when I got PS3, and let me tell you, the little animation it did have blows away DW4, or really any RPG for it's time of release... Enemy animations was seriously a luxury at that time. The storyline had me in, the dungeons were still hard, but not as big as PS2, and the battles still spurred competition. While like in 2, a lot of spells were useless in PS3, that's only because they gave spells to ppl who don't need them... Yeah, Wren using spells is pointless, but thas why Rudo wasn't even given TP... Wren shouldn't of ever been given TP himself... Lyle was a heavy spell caster in my group, and the buff-magics I found extremely useful, and white magic as well... Anti doesn't work? Why? If you got 3+ healers in your party (which you do!) make one specifically for anti, it'll work a lot more often!

3 also had a great storyline, but failed to really deliver it, however, the grinding was heavily reduced compared to part 2, and the generation system kept it fun despite how redundant everything else was becoming.

On a whole, when it comes to everything into consideration (adding difficulty as an aspect) Phantasy Star 3 just appeared to have the most to offer... To me anyway.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Seyka# » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I like Phantasy Star II the most.
It has Nei and it's the only one where you can «choose your companions wisely» during your playthrough.
Seyka#
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Tanith » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:37 am

Phantasy Star II is my favorite. I especially love the story, which I'm trying to somewhat novelize right now. Really epic game and well ahead of its time.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Are you Tanith from SFC?
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 pm

thepeaguy wrote:Are you Tanith from SFC?

Nope, but now I know if I ever decide to play that game the name Tanith is already taken!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:17 am

Tanith wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:Are you Tanith from SFC?

Nope, but now I know if I ever decide to play that game the name Tanith is already taken!

Not a game, some member from a forum.

My mistake.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 am

thepeaguy wrote:Not a game, some member from a forum.

Woops! My bad; I thought you meant Starfleet Commander! I only use the username Tanith at this board and Fringes, though.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Xander » Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Seeing how I can't really bump a sticky thread, i'm going to toss my opinion in the pot.

As much as I hate, picking favourites my favourite game, as many have said, is definitely PS IV. Mainly because I had only played PS I until then. It had also been some time since I had played PS I so when I first played IV I was pretty blown away by how it had changed. Plus, having only played PS I, I had no idea the likes of Dark Force and Lassic were going to make a comeback so the first time they popped up were some of the more memorable moments.

That and the fact that the game seemed to suck me in from the very start along with the fact that, unlike many a series, it has always gotten better with every new instalment, are the main reasons why I love PS IV so much. I just found it so much more engaging. :)
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Semix » Tue May 18, 2010 10:58 pm

PSIV was the only one I ever completed, or even passed the first section of. Being a more modern gamer, I suck at retro. But hey hey I got 1000 AC130 kills on Modern Warfare 2 hehe. But yeah I didn't have a clue what to do on the other games and gave up in under an hour, the one i tried the most was PSII but still didn't get it. (Keep in mind these are all played on collections on modern consoles).
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Xander » Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Well I first played PS I back in 1991 and on and off for a few years, though I never completed it and my sister got stuck at Darkfalz and never got round to beating him until 2001 I think. It was written in the manual somewhere.

After that I never got round to playing the others until a couple of years ago. So I guess I can see how PS IV was a fast favourite, besides the fact it really brought the game to life and fleshed the characters out a bit more in a way the others didn't. :) Not that I don't like the others, I love them as much. But I had to pick one.

Anyhoo, my brain needs a nap and I have things to do tomorrow, or today now.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star