The favorite Phantasy Star game poll

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Your favorite Phantasy Star game

Phantasy Star (Master System)
17%
Phantasy Star II (Genesis)
21%
Phantasy Star II Text Adventures (Mega/Sega CD)
No votes
Phantasy Star III (Genesis)
8%
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
48%
Phantasy Star Gaiden or Adventure (Game Gear)
No votes
Phantasy Star Generation 1 (Playstation 2)
1%
Phantasy Star Generation 2 (Playstation 2)
2%
Phantasy Star Online *any episode*
3%
Phantasy Star Universe
No votes

Total votes : 230

Tough Call

Postby loon43 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

It's hard to decide, but I think IV just edges out II for being the more solid game. PSII is amazingly innovative with it's plot points; having twists I still haven't seen in RPGs since. But the game is as obtuse as an 8-bit RPG with figuring out what one has to do at certain points. PSIV has a great cast, pretty decent story, and is a pretty friendly game. I love playing through it to the day. So it's close, but they definitely hold a strong place in my love of games.
"Whee! A crash landing! Cool!"

-Rika, the ever exuberant Numan

Check out my Phantasy Star art at:

http://loon43.deviantart.com/
loon43
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Wing Eye » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

I have to go with the original, it was the first RPG I ever played.
Wing Eye
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Noahlis » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 am

The second one was so great, it mark my childhood imagination! I use to remake the history of the game whit my Lego!
Noahlis
Locusta
Locusta

Postby minorwanderer32 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 am

My vote is for PS 4. Its quite interesting to me.
minorwanderer32
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: The favorite Phantasy Star game poll

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:28 pm

II, but III comes close. Then I and IV is the worst, IMO, from the original series. PSIV is a good game, but for me it is an attempt to do something like Final Fantasy, while other three PS games were an (successful) attempt of doing something light years ahead of Final Fantasy.
tilinelson2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 am

It's been so long, I forget which one I've voted for! My guess is PSIII, if any. >.>
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby codyman144 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 am

PS4 has the best game play but I still have to go for PS1.

Surprised PS2 got so many votes. The game is so difficult I a surprised many people even beat it.
codyman144
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby rolf18 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 am

I prefer Phantasy Star IV after Phantasy Star II,but i like all the phantasy series.Damn for the phantasy star generation not in english.
rolf18
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Grandpaf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Phantasy Star II, period. Because its an experience like no other.

I finished Phantasy Star 2 very lately in 2008 and boy its changed my life! To me, that game is like living a tragedy : the player is thrown in a world somehow innocent and naive were all hope is lost. The feeling is indescribable and the game really shine by his maturity. This is the biggest pro of Phantasy Star II, this is THE game that forced the role playing game to evolution. Ultimatly Phantasy Star II is a story of a world drowning to his lost, with heroes that are willing to deal with enormous consequences to change the course of their existence. It is very touching since the game draw heavy inspiration on our world riddled with conflict.

An unforgettable experience! :dance:
Bizou bizou!
Grandpaf
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Four is the most playable and addictive for me, so I'm going for four.

(Psst, it's actually the THIRD game canonically since PSIII has been retconned. :P)
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Lucid » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 am

Just realized I never really answered the question, and just went on some rant about how RPG's aren't what they used to be. I still stand by those statements 100%, btw...

My order of preference: 4, 2, 1, 3

If we're talking the Japanese version of 1, then those first 3 are all very close. There's something about the atmosphere of 2 I find really appealing, but 4 was just sharper in many regards. My only complaint is that it was too easy.

I never got into any of the others since the originals. Just not the same. Guess I'm just old school.
I will make sure that my brother died not in vain!
Lucid
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tryphon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Definitely not 4, that I find childish and which disappointed me a lot (having waiting for so much years)...

By far, more than 20 years after played it (wow), PS2 remains the best RPG I've ever played (maybe with FF6, but it was different). I'm still thinking a good director could make a really good SF movie with it.

I've a little nostalgia towards PS3, despite its various and numerous flaws. Its atmosphere was strange and unique. Likely the game of the serie that should have been remade with much benefits (whereas, even if I must say that it is welcome, I'm not sure that PSG2 really adds some value to the original).

PS1 has become really old. Happily the remake gives it a new birth.

So 2 and 2G >>> 1G > 3 > 4 > 1.
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Chillthorn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm

I'v always liked PS 4 the most because there is alot more story throughout the game than the other three, and everything else about it is awesome, the music, game play, and I liked how they have the side quest the explains more about the ships that left Palm during it's destruction because from what I remember PS 3 didn't get into it until the end. The overall atmosphere of the game is original and I would put this game in my top four favorite games of all time.

Second would be PS 2, there are things I don't like about it, but the good definitely out ways the bad. This game gave me a great feeling of accomplishment wither it was raising enough money, gaining levels, or getting through dungeons. The story is one of my favorites in any RPG, and the game has one of the coolest endings, and final bosses I'v seen in an RPG. I love most of the music in this game too.

I like PS 1 alot, I just didn't like the dungeons without using maps unfortunately.
Chillthorn
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Chillthorn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Oh yeah, and I have to replay PS 3 because it was like thirteen years ago when I played through and beat it, but it was with game genie, lol. I'm going to get into it again soon.
Chillthorn
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby bragatyr » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:22 pm

This was a tough decision for me, but I had to go with PS I. I could easily go with II or IV, II for having the best overall story in the series and IV for being by far the smoothest gameplay experience, but the first game just had so much classic goodness. And I love all the characters, and the music. The dungeons give me seizures, but what are you gonna do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bragatyr/videos My Youtube page, with random retro video game covers.
bragatyr
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star