The favorite Phantasy Star game poll

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Your favorite Phantasy Star game

Phantasy Star (Master System)
17%
Phantasy Star II (Genesis)
21%
Phantasy Star II Text Adventures (Mega/Sega CD)
No votes
Phantasy Star III (Genesis)
9%
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
48%
Phantasy Star Gaiden or Adventure (Game Gear)
No votes
Phantasy Star Generation 1 (Playstation 2)
1%
Phantasy Star Generation 2 (Playstation 2)
2%
Phantasy Star Online *any episode*
3%
Phantasy Star Universe
No votes

Total votes : 231

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:32 am

X_ulken wrote:i had to go with pso online, because it is a really good game and it is way ahead of it;s time

Or, was way ahead of its time. :)
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Crimithan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:56 pm

I love them all, but I gotta vote for the First one based on the ground work. I loved in the later series how they held the original story line down the games.
Crimithan
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby dragonlord » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:50 am

i have been totally hooked on phantasy star since back in the day of the sega master system :D
sanity is over-rated
dragonlord
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Larkin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:31 am

Definatly PS2, no competition.

I got my Genesis when I was around 5 years old with the usual titles, Sonic the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd and so on. And the legendary Phantasy Star 2.

The games famous for its difficulty, you can imagine the struggle I had as a child just starting primary school!

The thing that really turns me to this game is the seriously dark themes. The reason I mentioned my age is because the very first time I seen Teim get cut down by Darum I actually sat on the end of my bed with my mouth open. I couldn't believe it.

Then as my party, who I had struggled to do right with over the past few months are suddenly declared criminals and hunted by the governments robots.

Then after the death of Nei, the destruction of a Planet and to finally discover it was US BASTARD EARTHMEN ALL ALONG!

I still, 15 years later, haven't been hit so hard by a game.

And to be fair, I've only played PS1-4 so I can't vouch for online or so forth.

But pardon my French for a moment.

Fuck me, Ps2 rocked my world.
Larkin
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Stinx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:28 am

I don't know between Phantasy Star I and Phantasy Star IV. I love PSO dont get me wrong, but I barely call it PS at all. I loved PSI's battle system the most out of all of them, but I cant forget about the epic boss battles in PSIV. I think I am goanna have to say PSIV.
Chaz: To be honest, I never really understood anything.
Rune: Oh, great.
Stinx
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Stinx wrote:I don't know between Phantasy Star I and Phantasy Star IV. I love PSO dont get me wrong, but I barely call it PS at all. I loved PSI's battle system the most out of all of them, but I cant forget about the epic boss battles in PSIV. I think I am goanna have to say PSIV.

Unrelated, but I love your signature. It made me giggle. :D
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Dima.PSIV.Fan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:48 am

Phantasy Star IV will make you "WOW" through the whole game. :D
~ Phantasy Star IV ~
Dima.PSIV.Fan
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Ratix240sx » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 am

I loved 4, but 3 is a close second.
Ratix240sx
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Xavier_Price » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:08 am

I had to go with IV. Phantasy Star IV and Shining Force II (Another great series that has died in sequels) were the first RPG's I ever played. Both have effected me deeply as a gamer, and I still, to this day, feel the love for them.

I never really felt for the other games' characters as much as I did for those in IV. Sure, I was sad about Nei and all that, but Alys' death strikes me more. Still, II was second for me.

I must agree with many of you that if III hadn't been so rushed, it might very well have surpassed the rest of them. The music was surperb, the characters had such potential for expansion, and the plot could have just blossomed with each generation. A true shame.

I personally think they should have made more ties to III in PSO. From what I get, PSO are more refugees from Parma. I've never played it all the way through, though, so I can't say if that's confirmed or not. Still.
Xavier_Price
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Surei Uorushu » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:58 pm

<.< >.>

I vote for PSIV, though I enjoy all PS games.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Seizaku » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:41 pm

I vote for Phantasy Star III, i liked the pseudo-medieval atmosphere, the generation system, the overall plot was also good - if they had enough time to fully flesh out the story then I would say it would be one of the best stories of the series - it actually leaves room for sequel unlike IV.

On a side note, I like how PSU and PSO had Numans as a regular race instead of an one-of-a-kind each thousand years. And I have to say that I visually liked PSU, a lot.
"This seemingly minor event sets an epic adventure in motion...." ~ Phantasy Star III
Seizaku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Cherok » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:50 pm

I chose IV over any of the others simply because it's such a tight game. I felt like there is rarely a dull moment throughout the progression of the story, and though characters are equally as 'cool' in the other titles, these characters involve you more in their plight.
Cherok
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Abominae » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:34 pm

I voted PS4 but I'd like to have my vote changed to PSO.

I could play and replay PS4 4evar, but I could literally play PSO every day if that was the only game I had and still be happy.

Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:00 am

I vote 1 though part 4 was great to.. part 3 was a little confusing and part 2 i would get all the Nei stuff but have no friggen clue what to do next so i gave up on that game..
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Lmao, when you get all the nei stuff (I believe there were about 6 pieces maybe 7...) you go and talk to Lutz again :roll:
Abominae

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star