Phantasy Star 2 sucks.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

It had the best ending. Period.

Postby mikelp27 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:16 am

No way to refute that. PS3 had ridiculous, short sporadic endings that had nothing to do with anything and could not be used to build a sequel off of, and PS4 had an all-is-well-in-the-world-super-duty-ultra-cool-mega-happy ending where the SOURCE OF ALL EVIL IS DESTROYED???!! WHAT THE HELL?!

...PS4's ending sent me into convulsions of disgust.

But PS2's ending had real character. It was very truthful. You don't always get the happy ending, your friends can die, and what will the people see in the days to come anyway?

Besides that, stop trolling. If you want a fast action game, play a freakin first person shooter or something. They're mindless enough.
mikelp27
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Incidentally, for any who care, Rolf is 20 years old.

Postby mikelp27 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:22 am

In PS2, Lutz wakes up every 10 years. He mentions that he saved Rolf from a terrible spaceship accident when he was ten years old, he mentions that ten years after when Rolf meets him on Dezo. 20 years old.
mikelp27
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: It had the best ending. Period.

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:58 am

mikelp27 wrote:No way to refute that. PS3 had ridiculous, short sporadic endings that had nothing to do with anything and could not be used to build a sequel off of,
Lies! All lies! Burn thee infidel!

Joking aside, each ending wasn't that bad (except Aron's!). Each was different, so it was interesting to see the results of the path chosen throughout the game. And who said that there couldn't be any sequels? There's plenty of room for it.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:14 pm

I'd personally like to know what it was like when the Alisa III reached Earth. There are countless possible sequels!
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Larkin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:18 pm

Should earth not have been destroyed years previously like the earthmen said at the end of PS2?

Alhough Wren does mention something about travelling TIME aswell as space.

I'm lost.
Larkin
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Dorrinal » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Yes in order to reach earth before the earthmen left for PS2 some time travel would be involved. One more reason not to play PS3. But hey, people can shoot fire from their hands. /shrug
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Larkin » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Haha, a very good point indeed.
Larkin
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: It had the best ending. Period.

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 pm

mikelp27 wrote:No way to refute that. PS3 had ridiculous, short sporadic endings that had nothing to do with anything and could not be used to build a sequel off of, and PS4 had an all-is-well-in-the-world-super-duty-ultra-cool-mega-happy ending where the SOURCE OF ALL EVIL IS DESTROYED???!! WHAT THE HELL?!

...PS4's ending sent me into convulsions of disgust.

But PS2's ending had real character. It was very truthful. You don't always get the happy ending, your friends can die, and what will the people see in the days to come anyway?

Besides that, stop trolling. If you want a fast action game, play a freakin first person shooter or something. They're mindless enough.

Everything's gotta come to an end sometime. :P

Another thing: fuck you. I'll complain on anything I want. Maggot.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:14 am

Haha.. Pee is becoming quite funny.

It's sad actually..

PS 3 gives you endings to build your OWN story off of. IV doesn't give that option.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:27 am

Lord Khyron wrote:Haha.. Pee is becoming quite funny.

It's sad actually..

Took you long enough to catch onto my sublime wit and charm.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Ah.. But there is a method to my madness..

Mwa hahahaha...
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm performing necromancy on this thread to remind everyone that PS2 sucks.
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 am

I like it, mostly because of its difficulty.

Eusis Landale wrote:
Peegai wrote:Why is this game so great?
The music, the character designs, the difficulty, the battle system.
These are why I enjoy it, I'd go into more detail but you wouldn't care anyway since all you're doing is trying to piss people off.
Hmm. Where's the "ignore" -button?

Sir Nicholas wrote:No, I definitely think a battle background would be preferable. Just think how battles in places like the Nei dungeons or the dams would look :D
I agree. I think PSII was coded in a bit hurry (let the bugs be as an example). That may also be the reason for grid battle background, or just the limit of space in the cartridge.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Abominae » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:06 am

Wow, this is the first time I've seen/read this thread.

Peegai is even more of a moron than I originally thought. And no, if you're retarded, you're not entitled to an opinion. PS2 was heavily flawed but even I would give that game a couple of run thru's. And despite what some claim, animated enemies is not a redeeming factor (Zeromus was the first boss who ever got a "What the fuck is that!?" out of me at a tender age... thus, after the hot sauce burns on my tongue and tears dried away, I got my answer)

Does Lord Crayon ever have anything to say that might... oh, I don't know... be interesting? helpful? constructively critical?

He's a like throw-back version of Peegai. And that's saying much more than my headache will let me comprehend right now.

I 100% agree with Zucca on the rushed animation job of PS2. I would really like to have seen them... "fix"... that little issue with the Playstation 2 remake

PS2 on the PS2... how absurd.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:11 am

Abominae, you're free to disagree, but personal attacks are not allowed.

Um, animated enemies are cool. :/

Zucca was talking about the backgrounds, not the animation (which wasn't rushed).
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star