PS2 - Did the team survive??

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:20 pm

They both also get the Megid tech. Chaz's is better though as it doesn't hurt party members too.

But it's less powerful. When Rolf uses it, all enemies are wiped out (well, except if it's a boss). Not true with Chaz.
Rolf lost Nei and Chaz lost Alys but he still had Rika so Rolf did suffer a bit more than him since he lost the woman he loved.

I remember it being said that Nei loved Rolf, but to Rolf Nei was a little sister.
the somewhat air-headed Nei (no offence to her)

Air-headed? Where does she display this air-headedness? If anything, she's innocent.
I don't get why Nei dies when Nei first is killed? This isn't like the DBZ Piccolo-Kami thing where they are the same person but sepeared.

Actually, it pretty much is (though it's Kami and Piccolo's father who were one person).
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby thriwren » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:54 pm

BenoitRen wrote:
Actually, it pretty much is (though it's Kami and Piccolo's father who were one person).
Nice analogy, but the way they reproduce is more like cloning.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Well I don't mean Nei is dumb or anything, but nor is she very intelligent either. She doesn't know about guns, machines or the history of the Algo solar system. Compared to Rika she seems like an airhead. She would have had no idea what the Land Rover or other machines in PSIV were like Rika did. Rolf didn't teach her as good as Seed taught Rika. Then again, she might have not wanted to learn anything either... She is innocent and sincere though.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:21 pm

What you're talking about is knowledge, not intelligence. We don't know what Rolf has taught Nei, either.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Edless » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:38 pm

And look at ill-intent manga, she is studying the biosphere of Motavia hehehe.

Joke aside, she might have an even better knowledge than Rika just because she's grown up in a technologicaly more advanced world than Rika's one.

Maybe she spent her free time surfing the Web, chating with some scientists.

But it's true, you have your point. It's indeed true that Rika's knowledge is shown in the game whereas Nei's isn't.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby H Hog » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:21 am

Danny wrote: I don't get why Nei dies when Nei first is killed?

Y'know, that's funny.
I don't get why Neifirst stays alive after killing Nei.

...Well, she dies soon afterward by the hands of Rolf and Party, but you know what I mean.

Also, I pretty much stand by the "they must have survived" theory.
Mostly because of the points made in here: http://www.camineet.net/camineet/theories/ps2end.asp
H Hog
Locusta
Locusta

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:55 am

I think of Neifirst and Nei's relationship as something similar to a host and a parasite. Nei depends on Neifirst to live, as she can't survive on her own (maybe since Neifirst essentially was the original being and Nei split from her). However, if Nei is killed, then it doesn't effect Neifirst...as we can see in the game.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: PS2 - Did the team survive??

Postby zio_falz » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:09 pm

"You can't return again!"

Seems pretty straight forward.
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star