Magic ^_^

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Magic ^_^

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:13 am

Hey...don't be too rough on yourself...you were probably too busy looking at Kyra to bother yourself with the trivialties of Magery. Man...married to Kyra...you're one lucky bastard! ;)
LaconianShot

Magic ^_^

Postby Prince Noah » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:59 am

<blockquote>LaconianShot wrote:<p>Hey...don't be too rough on yourself...you were probably too busy looking at Kyra to bother yourself with the trivialties of Magery. Man...married to Kyra...you're one lucky bastard! ;)</blockquote> <p>Woah! LS! No offense, but that's taking it a little too far. I think I don't spend <i>enough</i> time with her. (that reminds me, I still gotta write my story about her.....)<p>And you say I'm lucky because I'm married to her? I don't get it. :? <p>But anyway, this makes sense now. ?! Uh oh. Lashiec's at the door.... ~0 <b>FLAELI!!!</b>
Prince Noah

Magic ^_^

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:42 am

Jeez! I was just kidding!!! No need to get mad!!! No rudeness meant! :@ I TOOK IT TO FAR? IT WAS A JOKE!!! <br>Some people just don't get humor.<p>And that's not Lashiec, it's me, I'm just really pissed off...<p>*Anothrgte!*<p>You're fried! ;)
LaconianShot

Magic ^_^

Postby Prince Noah » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:48 am

Hey, sorry. I was just confused, that's all. I didn't mean to upset you.
Prince Noah

Magic ^_^

Postby PhanGarrett » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:09 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Prince Noah</i><p>I'm wondering....in PS 4, casting Foi and Zan makes a Firestorm. Wat and Zan make a Blizzard. True. But lemme ask ya this. When I was sitting in my quarters reading about this stuff, if Water and Wind at high speeds make a blizzard, why does Fire and Wind make a Firestorm? Why doesn't the fire just blow out, or the water just evaporate? :p <br></blockquote><p>"WAT" is an Ice technique, not a Water technique. In fact, it's the same technique we see in PSO as Barta. In Japanese, not only are R and L interchangeable, but so are B, V, and W. In the Japanese version, the name transliterates as "BAATA", which can be romanized as both WAT and BARTA.<p>In any case, the logic should follow that the Zan tech's winds will stir up in the Wat tech's coldness, but can also stir up in the Foi tech's heat. I don't see that there are any conflicts here.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by PhanGarrett on [TIME]1078463847[/TIME]][/size]
PhanGarrett

Magic ^_^

Postby Prince Noah » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:41 pm

<blockquote>"WAT" is an Ice technique, not a Water technique.</blockquote> <p>It <i>is</i>? I don't belive this. Looks like my spell books were wrong.... :p
Prince Noah

Magic ^_^

Postby Benoit » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:38 pm

Refer to the PSIV instruction manual. ;)
Benoit

Magic ^_^

Postby PhanGarrett » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:19 pm

Hey, if you've got a better reason why a Water technique would be equivalent to an ice spell, I'd love to hear it.<p>Exceeding that, I'd say that the reappearance in another format that makes it undeniably clear that it is an ice technique is enough to give testemony.
PhanGarrett

Magic ^_^

Postby Prince Noah » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:19 pm

I'd like to, but I got PS 4 at an auction from Ebay. It only came with the game and the case. That's all. :(
Prince Noah

Magic ^_^

Postby PhanGarrett » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:22 pm

Seriously... I think we got ripped off, having PS4 in a cardboard box instead of a plastic box. Makes things like the manual much harder to preserve.<p>Still, just getting the box off of eBay, I'd say you got lucky.
PhanGarrett

Magic ^_^

Postby Prince Noah » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:01 am

Heh. I guess so. But I'm more lucky because I'm the only one who placed a bid on the game. :p
Prince Noah

Magic ^_^

Postby Dream Spawn » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:18 am

Thankfully PS4 is one of the games I actually managed to buy brand new. Cost me a fortune though... $100 or $200 dollars ~0
Dream Spawn

Magic ^_^

Postby Benoit » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:44 pm

I paid 10 euro for that game. :P<br>Second-hand, complete, with the manual cover damaged.<p>Yeah, plastic box.<br>But hey, I got Sonic & Knuckles in a cardboard box! Even though I remember to having seen it in a plastic box. The cardboard box is cooler looking though, but it still got damaged easily. :(<br>I'm sure it's a PAL copy.
Benoit

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star