This makes me happy

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

This makes me happy

Postby Zylo » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:26 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>My NM-2011 deserves her recognition! Why doesn't anyone else love her as much as I Do?<p></blockquote><br>Maybe since it's your NM-2011, and I don't love her as much as you since I think you would be mad if I did :)
Zylo

This makes me happy

Postby DaveGeorge » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:47 pm

I don't care much for PSO, mostly because of the system where the only thing that matters is you lv. and what weapons/items you might find in the dungeons. I'd like to see a thicker plot, less leveling, more foxy ladies etc etc..... :p<p>[size=small][Edit by DaveGeorge on [TIME]1077295692[/TIME]][/size]
DaveGeorge

This makes me happy

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:50 pm

And what RPG isn't like that? In all RPGs, what matters in battle is your LV and your items.<p>PSO HAS a thick plot, unlike popular opinion.<br>You really think 400 kB of dialogue doesn't contain plot?!
Benoit

This makes me happy

Postby Siren » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:37 pm

Just because it has alot of dialogue doesn't mean it has a well developed plot. <p>I agree with you, Benoit, when you defend PSO and say it has a good plot, but some games that boast lot's of dialogue don't always have dialogue pertaining to the plot. They might just have lot's of NPC's saying stuff like " Have you been to the armor shop yet?" (of course, NPC's partly make up what an RPG is, and one of the reasons I like Phantasy Star is because the NPC's are charming and develop a personality of their own)
Siren

This makes me happy

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:57 pm

I wonder when people say it has a thin plot if they know the plot.
Benoit

This makes me happy

Postby Goldark » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:04 am

I enjoyed playing PSO, not because contains the words "Phantasy Star", but 'cause it's a good game on its own, also, if played in its wholeness (do the quests!) it reveals an interesting plot. Unfortunatly I havent0 had the opportunity to play EP.2, so I can't tell about it.
Goldark

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star