Rolf's First mission summarized!

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:23 am

"Listen well, agent; this is your most dangerous assignment yet. We need you to go to the Biosystems Lab and retrieve the recorder so that we may find the cause of the sudden outbreak of Biohazards in the Motavian wilderness.<br>"Now, due to a recent glitch in Mother Brain, the teleporters in many cities are temporarily down, so you'll be hoofing it to the Biosystems Lab through the Biohazard-infested wilderness. I should warn you that the bridge across the northern river is currently being blockaded by a militant expatriate named Darum. He is standing armed on the bridge and demanding the return of his daughter Tiem, who has been kidnapped by a bandit faction known as "the scoundrels." We have not assigned any agents to apprehend Darum or rescue the scoundrels' hostage.<br>The Biosystems Lab and the surrounding area is reportedly teeming with ferocious Biohazards. One of our top biologists, Dr. Hugh, has deemed them capable of killing a person with a single blow, and tearing right through a Carbonsuit or even a Fiber Coat. It is most likely that you will be forced to confront many of these Biohazards, but it is ill-advised to do so with just a knife and your current level of training.<br>"Though the government is capable of installing cheap health care, standardized data memory stations, and an extensive teleporter network in every major city on Mota, they are unfortunately unable to issue you any weapons, supplies, or equipment for this mission. Also, you will receive no funds before this mission nor payment afterwards. No other agents have been assigned to assist you.<br>"Good luck, agent, we're counting on you (you freaking idiot)."<p>LMAO!! Now this would be the next dialogue..<br>Rolf: Commander, can't we at least arrest Darum, so I don't have to travel through 2 dungeons just to rescue his daughter, who is apparently small enough to fit in my backpack. I mean come on, we're the government. <p>Commander: Why don't you just fight him yourself? You're a government agent.<p>Rolf: Because all you've given me is a Knife!!<p>Commander: Good Point..<p>Rolf: And isn't this supposed to be a top secret mission? Why do people keep showing up at my house offering to help?<p>Commander: They probably watched it on CNN.<br>
Lord Khyron

Postby ill-intent » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:08 am

You know, those where the FIRST plot holes I had to come up filling when I wrote the manga (that I'm kinda slowly doing). Here are some others for you:<p> - If the lakes and rivers are dry, why not just walk AROUND the bridge?<br> - If Rolf and Nei want to go west to get to the biolab, why (after first meeting Darum) do they go FAR to the east to Arimaya?<br> - If mother brain is out to get them (later on), and is a part of every system, why does she continue to let them use the teleporters?<br> - If there's only the one ship to use in between Mota and Dezo, how does arrive seperately after stealing something on Dezo?<p> There are tons more, but needless to say, I've run alot of them through my head at one time or another.
ill-intent

Postby Nyayr » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:14 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ill-intent</i><p>You know, those where the FIRST plot holes I had to come up filling when I wrote the manga (that I'm kinda slowly doing). Here are some others for you:<p> - If the lakes and rivers are dry, why not just walk AROUND the bridge?<br> - If Rolf and Nei want to go west to get to the biolab, why (after first meeting Darum) do they go FAR to the east to Arimaya?<br> - If mother brain is out to get them (later on), and is a part of every system, why does she continue to let them use the teleporters?<br> - If there's only the one ship to use in between Mota and Dezo, how does arrive seperately after stealing something on Dezo?</blockquote><p>Answers:<br>Cause they are like 50meters deeps and jumping down would hurt :P<br>Cause else his daughter didnt get killed :)<br>Hoping for the one in a million freak teleport accident ;)<br>Cause there are actualy 1000's of shirs! all clones made in some shady lab running around on the world still for kicks, and ruining mota's economy! All a plan of the humans of earth... :P<p>If Anna asks to forget her past and concentrate on the future... why say 'your name suits you well' %) To freaking lazy to figure out another name?<br>Why if rudo is such a bad ass ex-army, now biohunter super fighter... he has some lame bowgun... (@) <br>Why does putting a bag over someone's head... make them unrecognizable? Also does this not insult this girl? not to mention his backpack must be spacey! (Anyone ever did Use Teim?) :P<br>What if anyone popped your air gum bubble while in combat underseas and how do you fight with it? :? <br>Why would you even try eating garbage... :? <br>How the HELL can shir steal an entire laser cannon without getting caught, she hides it under her shirt? :?<br>What the hell is a green sleeve for shield sounds more part of some poor guys green suit... hugh must have short sleeveless shirt by the dozens at home... or some poor shopowner?<br>Why can a party of a catman and a wolfang attack you? :~ <br>If Nei previously died... the clone lab was there... but after nei first they say they can't do it... !@#$<br>What did rolf do with her corpse, leave it in the clone lab, for recycling? ~0<br>When motherbrain captured rolf why go through trouble of nuking them to death... on a planet, while a simple shot to the head would... not to mention, if they blew up, how'd they ever got blamed for it?<br>If the gas makes animals mutate is it healthy to walk in there so long atone end, without a mask?<br>Saying dezorians always lie, isnt that a form of galactic racism?<br>Humans normaly cannot survive like bites of massive ants... so motavians prolly can learn that by levels... so why would they not be able to handle a few hunderds earthlings? All having like 2hp 0tp 1att and 1 def 1 agi ~_~ <br>Why is lune to lazy to warp them back out when the spaceship exploded? (if that is what finaly killed them?) !@#$ <p>Brought to you by Zios snacks, cause once you crack you can't go back.<p>[size=small][Edit by Nyayr on [TIME]1077520575[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Nyayr on [TIME]1077520601[/TIME]][/size]
Nyayr

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:54 pm

<blockquote>If Rolf and Nei want to go west to get to the biolab, why (after first meeting Darum) do they go FAR to the east to Arimaya? </blockquote> <br>The location of the Bio Lab was unknown.<br> <blockquote>Why does putting a bag over someone's head... make them unrecognizable? Also does this not insult this girl? not to mention his backpack must be spacey! (Anyone ever did Use Teim?) :P </blockquote> <br>I've used Tiem the first time I played through. The result was her saying something. Something relating to the plot, not some funny line, though. :)<br> <blockquote>What if anyone popped your air gum bubble while in combat underseas and how do you fight with it?</blockquote> <br>As far as I know, it was in the mouth, so...<br> <blockquote>Why would you even try eating garbage... </blockquote> <br>Wasn't it a cake?<br> <blockquote>Why can a party of a catman and a wolfang attack you?</blockquote> <br>They think you're more tasty. :D <br> <blockquote>If Nei previously died... the clone lab was there... but after nei first they say they can't do it...</blockquote> <br>Blame the translators. Her non-human parts, that couldn't be cloned, were burned up, so she couldn't be revived.<br> <blockquote>What did rolf do with her corpse, leave it in the clone lab, for recycling?</blockquote> <br>Put on the plateau north of town when we weren't watching. ;)<br> <blockquote>Brought to you by Zios snacks, cause once you crack you can't go back.</blockquote> <br>LOL!
Benoit

Postby Goldark » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:50 pm

Try to go to the Tool Shop and sell Tiem :D <p>Aw, sometime I wonder what the team had in mind with certain plot decisions...<p>Why Eusis couldn't go and get scuba equipment, instead of going into a useless quest to take come leaves to make some stupid gum!<p>Why you have to go to a city to have teleport access to it?<p>How come that the ceramic equipment (especially swords and knifes) never breaks?<p>What exactly is the Laconia? A new element not yet discovered (higly improbable, it would be radioactive)? An exotic legacy (I really wonder if its the right word, you know carbon+iron=steel...)? A mineral?<p>In II Dezo has a hole as big as almost half of the planet, how come that in IV is a LOT smaller?<p>Why the planetscape changes so ramatically every 1000 years?<p>WTF, you can't exchange orbits and hope the life will survive on that planets!<p>Is really possible to disintegrate a whole planet with a single satellite? I could understand annhiliation of life, but an explosion... Come on!<p>Mother Brain is like a Big Brother (mmmm, I just wonder...), how come you can still walk freely into cities, travel between planets, and so on without being constantly caught, is it possible that it's so stupd? The first thing that everyone would do will be to send the police to the home of the culprit, but nooooo, you can still use your house!
Goldark

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:38 pm

Oh yeah, please note that Lord Khyron got that funny stuff from the PSII board at GameFAQs.<br> <blockquote>Why Eusis couldn't go and get scuba equipment, instead of going into a useless quest to take come leaves to make some stupid gum!</blockquote> <br>Scuba equipment was destroyed/taken away since they weren't allowed to go near the sea anymore.<br> <blockquote>Why you have to go to a city to have teleport access to it?</blockquote> <br>Ever tried going somewhere without knowing where it is? :D <br> <blockquote>How come that the ceramic equipment (especially swords and knifes) never breaks?</blockquote> <br>*reads on a Ceramic Sword*<br>"Never breaks, 100% guaranteed!"<br>There you go. :)<br> <blockquote>What exactly is the Laconia? A new element not yet discovered (higly improbable, it would be radioactive)? An exotic legacy (I really wonder if its the right word, you know carbon+iron=steel...)? A mineral?</blockquote> <br>A Dezolisian metal.<br> <blockquote>In II Dezo has a hole as big as almost half of the planet, how come that in IV is a LOT smaller?</blockquote> <br>It's closing due to being filled up. :D <br> <blockquote>Why the planetscape changes so ramatically every 1000 years?/QUOTE] <br>The Great Collapse. ;)<br>And the exchange of orbits.<br> <blockquote>Is really possible to disintegrate a whole planet with a single satellite? I could understand annhiliation of life, but an explosion... Come on!</blockquote> <br>It was BIIIG. ~0 <br> <blockquote>Mother Brain is like a Big Brother (mmmm, I just wonder...), how come you can still walk freely into cities, travel between planets, and so on without being constantly caught, is it possible that it's so stupd? The first thing that everyone would do will be to send the police to the home of the culprit, but nooooo, you can still use your house!</blockquote> <br>Rolf kicked the butts of all the robots. ;)
Benoit

Return to Phantasy Star