What's your PSII party?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Re: What's your PSII party?

Postby Mono » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Rolf, Rudo, Amy, Anna is the most "fast forward" party with a healer to back you up. But I have tried replacing Anna with Kain, and he just kicks as much ass in the last part of the game.
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby codyman144 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:42 am

Once you go to Dezo - Rolf, Rudo, Anna & Amy

Kain can sub for Amy if you want Attack over healing. I don't understand anyone not using Anna at the end game. 1 - she is SUPER fast and can use those star mists in a jiffy. 2 - ahh duhh Nei Slasher... the game is telling you - Hello you should be using Anna.

I could see not using Amy - she tends to die way too easy. But having her to cast deban in the final battles is a HUGE help.
codyman144
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Grandpaf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I dont quite agree with you guy about Amy

I completed the game once with a low level party (level 29 on Dark Force is suicide!) and I can say that Amy is only a burden at the end of the game. Why would you need her Gires when you have the Aegis and two set of Ember Robe? Her Deban is easily outclassed by the Snow Crown on a high agility character who can use the item even before a single attack. Lets say that ANY character can use her ability through items and without any tp restriction.

My party is : Rolf-Rudo-Anna (if only Shir could not steal on dezo ) - Hugh.
Bizou bizou!
Grandpaf
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Tanith » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 am

Much of Amy's techniques are redundant by the end of the game, so I agree that she's less useful by then. The one trick up her sleeve at that point is sashu. One member can use the snow crown for deban and then she can cast sashu. The combination of deban and sashu is a tremendous boost to the party. I've used the combination many times, especially if I take Hugh along (which is lulzy, but I like to mix it up) and don't want him stuck behind the Nei Shield. Amy's defense is also pretty high in the end game, so she can take a lot of damage and remain equipped with two fire staves.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Grandpaf » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 pm

I have to agree on that one! Spamming Sashu can shut down Dark Force or Mother Brain attack really fast Its even better with the color scarf, which can turn the tide on Amy low agility (Her biggest con).
Bizou bizou!
Grandpaf
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Zucca » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 am

Grandpaf wrote:My party is : Rolf-Rudo-Anna (if only Shir could not steal on dezo ) - Hugh.
Shir is pretty useless at the and of the game as She can't equip Laconian Daggers due to a bug/typo. And Storm Gear tens to be too weak on Dezo. I once completed PSII with "Rolf & girls" as my party. Slahers and Storm Gear made a good pair.

Amy is good if you level her. GiSar/NaSar are quite powerful techs. And I hate to keep backpacks full of Trimates (this is the main reason for Amy being in my party). GiRes equipments are okay beacuse of infinite charges.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Grandpaf » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:33 pm

But whats good to use Gisar and Nasar if a characters with high agility can use the Snow Crown before your party's taking a single blow? Deban halve the damage dealt to your party by 1/3 (More or less? Defense and attack stats have a pretty strange calculation in that game...) In the end, no ennemy in that game can damage a character more than a Aegis or an Ember Robe can heal...
Bizou bizou!
Grandpaf
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Zucca » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Let's say: It's more user-friendly to just use GiSar. :)
Amy with Storm Gear and Anna make pretty good combo.
Only if PSII had macros like IV...
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Tanith » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:16 am

Amy can only use nasar a few times at the higher levels, though. If you're patient enough to level up Shir, it's easier to take her shopping in Paseo and load up on star mists and moon dews. Then you can dump Shir back at Rolf's place and pick up whoever you want.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 am

Tanith wrote:Amy can only use nasar a few times at the higher levels, though. If you're patient enough to level up Shir, it's easier to take her shopping in Paseo and load up on star mists and moon dews. Then you can dump Shir back at Rolf's place and pick up whoever you want.
True.
Shir can act as Amy very well if you're patient enough. Biggest bonus of hers is the speed. Storm gear, Snow crown, Color scarf at the beginning of the battle...
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:18 am

Zucca wrote:Shir is pretty useless at the and of the game as She can't equip Laconian Daggers due to a bug/typo.

I see "Shir would be more useful if Laconian Daggers weren't bugged" turned into "Shir can't equip Laconian Daggers due to a bug"...
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Fix the bug and she'll be useful. Problem solved.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:29 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I see "Shir would be more useful if Laconian Daggers weren't bugged" turned into "Shir can't equip Laconian Daggers due to a bug"...
I see no difference.
Technically I think it's just a typo. Anyways the result is the same.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 pm

It does make a difference! Shir not being able to equip a weapon is wildly different from a weapon being underpowered relative to its less expensive brethren.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Zucca » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:51 am

In this concept it is the same. Can equip or not. The item is basically useless in either way.
I made a mistake just by saying she can't equip. This, however, does not change much in the game.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star