Lutz generations

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Lutz generations

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:57 am

When the Dalai Lama dies, the monks wander around the world for years searching for a child that will show signs that they are a reincarnation of the Dalai Lama´s soul. So, there are more or less long periods with no Dalai Lama. I believe it´s the same with Lutz. When a Lutz dies and his memories go to the telepathy ball, the Espers start searching for a young kid that shows himself suitable to recieve Lutz´s memories, and it may take years, decades to happen. That´s a more rational reason as to why there were only 5 Lutzes in 2000 years (or 4 in 1000 years if you leave the period of cryogenic hybernation out).
Monocromatico

Lutz generations

Postby Malakai » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:18 pm

That is certainly a plausible explaination, since in PSIV the Espers speak of Lutz like a legendary character instead of a normal person (like Rune) that interacts with the people on a nomral basis. In their eyes it's as if he comes and goes every era or so, making cameo appearances for important occasions and times of need.
Malakai

Lutz generations

Postby AlysBrangwin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:26 pm

Well, the Compendium says Rune/Thray became Lutz at 15, and if I remember correctly, Kyra said something about a seeing a special ceremony involving Lutz as a small child. (Perhaps this was Rune gaining the title of the 5th Lutz, at least that's the way I see it. That would put Rune at or around 30 since Kyra is 18.) I figured that at some point the cryochamber broke and because the ability to make/fix that technology was lost due to Mother Brain's destruction and the Great Collapse, Lutz had no choice but to live out the remaining days of his life, and thus created the Telepathy Ball since he would no longer be able to be around for the next coming of Dark Force. The next Lutz's held the position til their deaths and aged normally since there was no longer any way to prolong their lives.
AlysBrangwin

Lutz generations

Postby Malakai » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:39 pm

It doesn't seem logical that the Espers would have used technology that came from Mother Brain to survive, since the Espers were fugitives from her. Mother Brain knew that Lutz and his people were potential threats to her sovereignty, so she sent out to destroy them. That is why they fled to Dezoris in the first place, if memory serves.<p>I think that after the events of PSII were over, Lutz felt that his mortal duty had finished and thus decided that it wasn't any more necessary to have the cyro-chamber to preserve his own life. He discovered that he could pass his memories and will down through a dormant object, the telepathy ball, which was empowered by himself. Thus Lutz would remain in essense if not in tangible form among the Espers.
Malakai

Lutz generations

Postby Phantasy_Star_I » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:55 pm

Lutz and the espers are excellent but i would only haev to say my favourite charactor is definetly rhys but we arnt talking about that so back to the espers i dont like them alot and it is a 1000 period time there was 3 generations for lutz what???????? can someone answer me :? :pstar:
Phantasy_Star_I

Lutz generations

Postby Miles McCloud » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:15 am

^^^<p>Ah, so what old member has made a new name in a lame attempt to be funny by doing n00b impersonations?
Miles McCloud

Lutz generations

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:59 am

The influx of "n00bs" seems to be increasing, starting with their leader, Mage1. Some people believe that Mage1 is the equivalent of Jesus to the other "n00bs". Essentially, he is their leader.
LaconianShot

Lutz generations

Postby Mage1 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:28 am

<b>I never knew you could say bad things to other people...</b> <p>You are ****ing me off!!! :@ <p>Ughh!!! :@ <p>What ****ing thing happens in my mind when I see some people:<p> :@ %) ~z~ ~0 ****!!!<p>I've heard this <b>many</b> times now!!! :@ <p>Bunch of ****!!! :@ <p>You're an ******!!! :@ <p>*sighs*<p>I better stop now... or this post will be more than <b>five</b> pages long!!! :@ <p> :devil: :@ I **** ****** **** up!!!<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Mage1 on [TIME]1113452905[/TIME]][/size]
Mage1

Lutz generations

Postby Malakai » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:42 pm

Phantasy_Star_I.....blargh. I have nothing to say.<p>Well Mage1, you should be proud of yourself because now you at least understand when people are insulting you.<p>Now, if you'll look closely at your last post and turn you're brain on you'll also understand WHY people insult you. For example:<p>
:@ %) ~z~ ~0 ****!!!
<p>What does that mean? Nobody understands - stuff - like this, and we've all said this before, yet you CONTINUE to post this meaningless babble. For the last time, WE CANNOT READ YOU MIND, SO POST CLEARLY AND COHERENTLY, PER FAVORE.
Malakai

Re: Lutz generations

Postby zio_falz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:32 am

Shell Presto wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew anything (or wanted to speculate) about how the next generation of Lutz is chosen. Are Lutz's memories transferred to a blood relative (Rune does have the blue hair), or is a young esper chosen every generation?

Think of the Telepathy Ball containing Lutz' will and memories, as a wetwar, organic hard drive. Blue hair is common for Espers, like Kyra. Just a coincidence.
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Re: Lutz generations

Postby michale4267 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:05 pm

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Lutz Kind of explains some of it!
michale4267
Pinchant
Pinchant

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star