Lutz generations

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Lutz generations

Postby Shell Presto » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:52 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew anything (or wanted to speculate) about how the next generation of Lutz is chosen. Are Lutz's memories transferred to a blood relative (Rune does have the blue hair), or is a young esper chosen every generation?
Shell Presto

Lutz generations

Postby Saner2 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:19 pm

they never went into real detail. <p>I can't imagine Lutz sleeping with someone to have descendants. he seems too pure to do that. <p>but Rune does have blue hair. then again, the remakes show that Lutz's actual hair color is silver, maybe. <p>
Saner2

Lutz generations

Postby Rika » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:59 pm

I think... that the generations of Lutz' are chosen. I think that Rune mentioned it in PS IV, when he was explaining to Chaz and the gang that he was indeed, Lutz.<p>Interesting thought Saner brings up. I always thought that Espers and Lutz were monk-types -- pure and probably chaste. However, it almost seems likely that Rune might have had a fling with Alys, considering that they've "known" each other for an undisclosed amount of time. They seemed to be very fond of each other, and had a pretty close bond. I know that I'm not the only one who thinks this.
Rika

Lutz generations

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:04 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Shell Presto</i><p>I was wondering if anyone knew anything (or wanted to speculate) about how the next generation of Lutz is chosen. Are Lutz's memories transferred to a blood relative (Rune does have the blue hair), or is a young esper chosen every generation?<br></blockquote><br>I just assumed that they would choose a young Esper every few generations to become the next Lutz. Also, maybe when choosing, they'd search for a talented prodigy amongst the young 'uns.<p>Just a thought.
LegoMuskCat

Lutz generations

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:48 pm

I think Lutz himself, through the spirit ball, chooses the one who will recieve his memories and his powers. And this happens only when Algol needs to be deffended or oriented by someone close to the Great Light, so having a Lutz on the throne wouldn´t be a constant in the Esper Mansion.
Monocromatico

Lutz generations

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:14 am

I believe that they would pick among the young espers with the most aptitude, or perhaps among a sense of justice and leadership that they feel would serve best in the position of Lutz. However, I'm sure the Telepathy Ball has something to do with choosing the new Lutz... perhaps the other espers merely narrow the field?
LaconianShot

Lutz generations

Postby Malakai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:18 pm

It seems to me that both the telepath ball and a select few of the espers would determine who the next Lutz would be. The espers to choose would be the oldest and/or wisest, forming a type of council to name who they might think would be right. Then, through the power of the telepathy ball they would have a confirmation that whom they chose was the correct person or not.<p>Interesting how it sounds like a religious analogy.
Malakai

Lutz generations

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:22 pm

Couldn't it be simple? The present Lutz chooses the next one.
Benoit

Lutz generations

Postby Malakai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:38 pm

It seems like Rune wasn't chosen that way, from how the compendium states it.
Malakai

Lutz generations

Postby PSP » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:49 pm

Yeah, methinks not ever generation necessarily yields one who is worthy of, err, Lutzship.<p>Besides, figuring Lutz (the original) dies not too long after PSII, and there's 3 generations who presumably live without cryogenics before Rune...that's maybe ~300 years, unless Espers have longevity out the ass. <p>I *do* think there is a Lutz even when Dark Force isn't around, simply to fortify and prepare for the next coming. And I *do* think the telepathy ball plays a huge role in the selection, sort of the Esper equivalent of Excalibur.<p>-Corey
PSP

Lutz generations

Postby gm2987 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:44 pm

Its predestined, thats my oppion anyway, when Lutz created the T. ball he created it so it would find the right person in every generation to be the next Lutz. <p>In my game I've worked this idea in as well.
gm2987

Lutz generations

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:17 am

And the compendium says that after PS 1, Lutz decided to go into sleep to wait for when DF returned, to be there to fight it.<p>It is logical that he would make his future incarnations have the same duty. <p>The question is.. Does the Cryo chamber still exist in PS IV?<p>Espers grew more prosperous than the PS 2 era, when they went into hiding from MB.
Lord Khyron

Lutz generations

Postby Tails99 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:45 pm

<blockquote>The question is.. Does the Cryo chamber still exist in PS IV? <p></blockquote> <p>I think that the Cryogenic Chamber was replaced with the telepathy ball. Think about it, Lutz might not age in the chamber, but if he spends, let's say 10-15 years out of the chamber to assist the Protectors, his body will still age out of the chamber, and if he comes out each time, every 1000 years, his body will still inevitably age.<br> <p>[size=small][Edit by Tails99 on [TIME]1112726791[/TIME]][/size]
Tails99

Lutz generations

Postby gm2987 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:27 pm

Lutz died and the T. Ball is what replaced him, it doesn't matter really if the Cryo chamber still exist (although I doubt it does) what matters is that Lutz did indeed die.
gm2987

Lutz generations

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:59 am

Yes well in the 1000 period time, there was 3 more generations of lutz?<p>They had to be kept alive more than 300 years each..<p>Or did the Lutz's get chosen when a lucky esper was born with the power needed?<p>That is what isn't answered.
Lord Khyron

Next

Return to Phantasy Star