PSG2 - Secrets (Spoilers, obviously!)

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Re: PSG2 - Secrets (Spoilers, obviously!)

Postby tornotlukin » Mon May 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Looks great! Please take a look at my Ikuto maps, it should be useful as well.
tornotlukin
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Mon May 16, 2016 8:50 pm

It is and I appreciate it! The bigger issue I'm going to have with Ikuto is writing out two routes: one to get all treasures and the other just to get the Nei Slicer and Nei Shot.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby tornotlukin » Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 pm

X and Y paths are for the Nei Weapons. Everything else I ignored.
tornotlukin
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Mon May 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Yeah, so it's going to be something I'll need to do myself.

Oh, while I'm here--I've updated the Resurrection of Nei guide in my walkthrough, because I've found that chi89333 had left out some possible text to find that would count toward reviving Nei, and it seems the guide as it is nowhas some seemingly unnecessary steps in it. I have received permission to implement their guide in my walkthrough, but I'll be releasing the Nei revival guide again after I've confirmed whether or not my updated steps work. I have confidence that they will though.
Last edited by SandyLandale on Tue May 17, 2016 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Migue » Tue May 17, 2016 12:25 am

SandyLandale wrote:Edit 1- Has anyone gotten that CheatEngine to actually work with their PSG:2? I haven't. I wanted to learn if Silka learned Nagravito like she does in the original PSII, but she learns it at such a stupidly high level in PSII (LV 45!) that I didn't wanna grind it out myself, but the only code that actually seems like it works is the maximum money code.

I have CheatEngine working on psg:2 on pcsx2.

MST earned per enemy is at address 20255928
XP earned per enemy is at address 2025592C

The following link has these pre populated and additionally scripts to increase MST and EXP earning by 4x per enemy.
To use script, have pcsx2 running before opening the table. Then, press A to activate cheats and D to disable.
Some important notes: The code for earning rewards gets shuffled around every time pcsx2 is reset or a state is loaded, so if using states it is VERY IMPORTANT to disable the cheat (D) before loading a state, otherwise pcsx2 may crash. Even doing this pcsx2 may still crash occasionally when loading state. I recommend just using the Visiphone.
Also since the code for earning isn't generated until after the first enemy is defeated, the cheat won't activate until then and you'll hear an annoying beeping sound. This is the script repeatedly trying to search for the relevant code, so it is best to activate the cheat code (A) after entering the first battle after launching pcsx2 or loading state but before defeating the first enemy.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=968ED5B5FAC2436C!693062&authkey=!APnfziLVzbaN5i8&ithint=file%2cCT
Migue
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Thu May 19, 2016 4:07 am

OK, so my altered method of trying to revive Nei didn't work. I guess the "unnecessary steps" really were necessary. But now I'm wondering--do you guys think that maybe it's possible that you can read too much text and lock you out of saving Nei? Because I found all kinds of text that Chi's guide didn't even go over and I added it to the Nei revival guide because I thought it would be better to err on the side of caution.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby chi89333 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 am

Greetings Sandy

I think if you feel it is necessary , please do so, i faced the same issue when i tried to resurrect Nei then. There are lots of junk text to read some makes you wonder if you are getting everything right in the first place to resurrect her. Well, i believe you will do a fine task of doing so, my thanks in advance. :) Cheers.
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 am

I'll be trying my second attempt sometime soonish, not sure when. I at least have the entire game up until AMeDAS written up in my walkthrough. What I've done now is I've combined some of my more detailed directions with your original instructions to save Nei, and we'll see if that works. If not, then I'm stumped. The only other thing I could think is that I didn't manage to load my Phantasy Star Generation:1 Clear Game data when I started PS Generation:2 the first time... and that can't be it, since I know I did.

Edit - Here's a quick Pastebin link to the original directions mapped out a little nicer, plus my more detailed instructions. I'll comment if it works. I have confidence that it should, but I said that same thing about the first time I tried this and it obviously didn't work. http://pastebin.com/3XihtYwG Chi, let me know your thoughts if you get the time to read this. Thank you.
Last edited by SandyLandale on Thu May 19, 2016 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby chi89333 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:35 am

Greetings to all

Just to share , these are the basic requirements for resurrection of Nei from 1st playthrough:

a) You must load a clear game save from Phantasy Star Generations 1
b) You have to complete the first game without any using of cheat engine or gameshark codes to revive Nei
c) Complete the first playthrough and save at the end of the game to get a clear game save
d) Start the 2nd playthrough from this phantasy star generations 2 clear game save
e) When doing the resurrection, do note when talking to all NPCs in any particular town please talk to all of them before exiting that particular town. :D

Greetings Sandy

I will read through the updated FAQS and share my views on it :D
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Thu May 19, 2016 10:47 am

Thanks Chi. The rules "don't revive Nei using cheats" and "talk to everyone before leaving town" are both kind of things I think the guide implies pretty well, but I do appreciate you pointing that out. I didn't revive Nei by cheating last time, so I don't think that's the problem. It was probably me skipping some steps. I just got Rudger, and I've followed the guide as it currently is written pretty well.

What confuses me most is situations like this. OK, I go to Arimaya and talk everyone, then talk to Peter, right? I consult once, Nei asks Eusis if he's going to try to rescue Teim and defeat the Rascals. Eusis says yes. I consult a second time, to which Eusis says, "The Old Shuren Factory has been abandoned for a long time." Then I consult again and Eusis repeats his statement about Shuren having been abandoned. I talk to everyone in Arimaya again, and Eusis just says "The Old Shuren Factory has been abandoned for a long time" again. Should I be getting another consult statement here? Or do I want to see the repeated message? This kind of thing happens to me a lot.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby chi89333 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi all basically the goal is to see all the dialogue once prior to Nei's revival. More likely the consult is used when you meet a special person, item or triggered a special event. After you meet Micheal who speaks about Tiem in Arimaya consult to see if there is change in Eusis dialogue.When you meet Esther who speaks about Tiem just to be on safe side, do another consult. Like example when you find dynamite in Shuren and bio systems lab, do a consult for each event. Or after getting Nanette's letter to pass to her Grandfather Enos in Zema, do another consult . Just on a side note me and Sandy suspect that too many escapes may affect the outcome of reviving Nei despite we may have followed the faqs closely. I am testing on that, will share the results later
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby chi89333 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:35 am

Greetings Sandylandale and all

I think i found the issue, cos i did three run play throughs using your updated FAQS and Nei just cannot be revived, i was puzzled too..... then i realised something.

This may be a bug in the programming itself (Dunno if it is by Sega) apparently when you spoke to NPC Hannah in Paseo at first without Rudger, she mentioned about Darum at North Bridge being a menace.

However, when there is Rudger in the party, Hannah mentioned that has your hunter gone rogue if so there is counter hunters to deal with them.

However after the North bridge incident and when you speak to Hannah (Without Rudger in party) after you been to Piata , she mentioned that Darum is a menace at North Bridge in spite Darum and Teim are already dead.

For the first three playthroughs , i did not use Rudger after the North Bridge incident till i stumbled upon this and i followed all the updated FAQS by Sandylandale word by word and Nei still cannot be revived.

This fourth playthrough, i used Rudger upon getting him all the way till Amedas when facing Neifirst, to my surprise Nei was revived i still have the save on this and you may be interested in getting it from me, just pm me.
So it seems Rudger has to be in the party till a certain point of events so Nei can be resurrected ,where i have to try further to find out.

Oh ya , i always checked for Teim and Darum 's dead information at the Clone lab in Optano and there is also a 2nd trimate in the basement of the biosystems lab on the top left upper corner chest which you have to pass by before reaching the central controller to retrieve the tape from the biosystems lab. That trimate you can use by Anne for Uriel next in Zema in case you missed the first Trimate in Nido tower. These are my findings till now.
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Sun May 22, 2016 5:23 am

Thank you so much, Chi. I took Rudger off the team a few times before AMeDAS to level other characters up when I got them, so that would explain why I couldn't revive Nei. So I guess we need to be sure that we keep Rudger on the team for the entire game... not that we'd want to leave him at home.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby chi89333 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Greetings Sandy and all

I found something new, we just have to have Rudger ( from the point where he joins) togther with Nei in party till the point of Optano where the Silver bullet necklance is obtained from Philips and after Amia has spoken to Motavian there concerning Motavian Hack.

There is NO need to bring Rudger to Roron dump, Uzo Island or AmeDas , i did that personally on my fifth playthrough following the updated FAQS (or my twelve walkthrough in total) and Nei was also revived.

I still have the save and Sandylandale was also saying that Rudger was needed with Keinz to create weapons at Eusis 's home, so we can safely say that Rudger can be removed after Silver Bullet event. This will prove useful to players whom want to use Rudger to create weapons and also want to revive Nei at the same time
chi89333
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 pm

That would explain things on my end, then; I created the items made by Rudger/Keinz as soon as I got Keinz, and I also was constantly taking Rudger off of the active party so I could reorganize my poor cluttered inventory! Hahaha. Thank you so much for all your hard work on this, Chi. Now let's hope that I'm not cursed and can do this right this time.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star