Now I'm doing a Rune solo.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Now I'm doing a Rune solo.

Postby etony33 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:45 am

I expect this to be harder than Raja, and quite possibly the hardest solo overall (though Seth and Gryz would also be quite difficult, Seth because of his lack of techniques, a hard limit to skill charges, and his inability to wear heavy armor or shields, and Gryz because of his poor magic defense, factor 5 weakness, and lack of any non physical skills or techniques besides Brose).

I'm at level 22 right now, grinding in the Ladea Tower to get ready for Gy-Laugiah (who won't be nearly as bad for Rune as Raja). Here's an analogy for Rune vs Raja: Raja is basically the Floyd Mayweather of Phantasy Star IV. His battles are a cure for insomnia, he doesn't go on offense much, and it's really, really tough to knock him out if you can't hit him with a haymaker. Rune, on the other hand, is more like...I don't know, maybe Mike Tyson. He'll knock you out in the second round a lot of the time, but if the fight has to go on for a long time, he lacks the staying power.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Now I'm doing a Rune solo.

Postby etony33 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:46 am

Rune killed PD at level 93. Barely. Just as it did with Raja, it came down to the wire.

Seth will be my toughest challenge yet.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Phantasy Star