For my next challenge, I'm gonna do Rhys/Ayn/Crys solo

Postby etony33 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: For my next challenge, I'm gonna do Rhys/Ayn/Crys solo

Postby etony33 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:19 pm

First things first, I'll see if it's even possible with hacking to put Crys at max level. I'll make it work.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:27 pm

It's not easy. Possible? I think so, with a lot of luck. Less luck than you'd need to beat Re-Faze, anyway.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 pm

It'd be (effectively) impossible without the Royal Bow's Fanbi, because the hand heals almost every turn and has extremely high defense, but once I managed to take out the hand (it attacks occasionally, this is where luck comes into play) and still had some Trimates, it was very easy.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 pm

I just finished the first generation.

Man oh man did Rhys die a lot in the weather control center (after getting Lena) and in Cille. Probably more than even Raja.

Ayn at least can heal, so we will see how this goes
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:41 pm

I so don't want to get Crys to max level. It requires something like 28,000,000 experience, and he gets something like 16000 per battle in Lashute. Level 40 (about 11,000,000) is bad enough.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby MrStarbird » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:05 am

solo on the Genesis version is insanely difficult... solo on the GBA version is actually quite easy if you wish to use a glitch (which is the only way to beat the game in around 2 hours). still, I'd like to see how you do it.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 am

Genesis version. I have Crys at level 31. It's tedious. Rhys struggled for a lot of the game, but Ayn wasn't so bad with two Royal Needlers. Crys would have probably gotten stuck in Mystoke Castle if they didn't have a Force Emel for sale in Ilan.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am

I think every character in the game could solo their generation (in other words, Lena or Lyle could finish the first generation), with the possible exception of Warrior Kara and maybe Thea (Thea would be fine once properly leveled, but there's no way you could ever get her out of her dungeon alive without giving her an Escapipe, and she would have a difficult time just winning a single battle anywhere in Gen 2).

Gwyn would be tough because her techniques are bugged. Laya would require power leveling. Ryan probably would have a tough time getting out of the Rebel Cave. Princess Kara would be similar to Thea. Lena would be tough, especially since she can only equip up to Steel Knife and Ceramic Needler, but not impossible.

Mieu would be easy. Wren would be able to beat Rulakir and Dark Force, but he would need to heal with the Force Shield over and over and over, so it'd take forever.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Beat Rulakir at level 34 after a couple failures. I almost died in an ambush on the way back.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm

I can probably beat Dark Force at level 36. Crys seems to have gotten some above average level ups.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm going to hopefully beat this game once and for all today.

Crys is level 39, 268 HP, 168 SPD, 422 damage, 409 defense, level 24 Ner. Nei Sword, Planar Armor, Laconian Helmet equipped. Force Shield and Royal Bow as supplemental items, 9 Trimate, 1 Star Mist.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Post videos of some battles?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby etony33 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Got him!

I did it on my phone, so no videos, unfortunately. I could set it up identically to how I had it, though, like I did with my PS4 videos.

Rulakir and Dark Force were the only real difficult battles, but it wasn't single battles that were problemtic. Making it through the Weather Control tower (second trip) wa very difficult, and Rhys died a ton. The only place where Ayn really had trouble was going to free Thea.

Crys had enough defense and HP to survive up until Ilan, where he bought a Force Emel.

The rules I used were pretty stringent: no using any other characters under any circumstances, including to hold items. No save state abuse. No giving anything to Mieu or Wren to carry to the next generation. The hero had to carry any key items that would be needed in the future (so, Sapphire until reaching Aquatica, Moon Stone/Moon Tear until they were used, Dragon Tear until reaching Draconia after getting Sari, Twins Ruby until reaching Landen in Gen 2, Power Topaz until reaching Azura, Sub Parts until reaching Orakio's Sword, Mystery Star until reaching Frigidia, Laya's Pendant and Aero Parts until reaching Terminus for the final time, Aqua Parts until returning from Sage Isle, and Laya's Bow/Lune's Slicer/Miun's Claw/Siren's Shot until they were changed into the Nei weapons)
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Someone on GameFAQs ran solo runs of several Phantasy Star III characters. Most important thing I learned from it: Fanbi stacks.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Next

Return to Phantasy Star