A chest that isn't accounted for?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

A chest that isn't accounted for?

Postby etony33 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:14 am

Someone mentioned this in some sort of post about Phantasy Star. I do not remember when or who. They claimed that there's a false wall (as in Maharu Cave and Tajima Cave) in the Casba Cave, and that a chest with 5000 meseta is in there.

I could go tile by tile and try to go through the wall in every direction, but that'd be extremely tedious and I'd like to avoid it. Does someone - lorenzo, maybe - have access to the treasure data in the game?
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: A chest that isn't accounted for?

Postby MrStarbird » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:54 am

This is true. There are actually three in Casba Cave.

1. As you enter the Casba Cave from Motavia, about 4 spaces (I think) from the corner, if you turn left you can walk through the wall. This leads to 500 Meseta.
2. As you enter the Casba Cave from Casba, about 4 spaces from the stairs, turn right and walk through the wall. There is a Red Dragon guarding a Light Saber here.
3. After entering the Casba Cave from Motavia and taking the 3rd staircase, take one step forward and turn right. Go through the wall and that leads to 5000 Meseta.

I never knew about them until I started to speedrun the game. Saves on grinding a ton.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:51 am

Well, damn. I never knew about these, but I just fired up the emulator, and sure enough, they're there. That would have been helpful to know many, many years (and playthroughs) ago!

For #1 on MrStarbird's list, it's 8 spaces from the entrance. For #2, it's 7 spaces. #3 is accurate.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby MrStarbird » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks for the corrections. I was estimating based on the maps I had. I knew which side they were on at least. :p

Yeah, these chests help out a ton. the 5000 Meseta alone is enough for the Laser Gun, which makes the game a ton easier.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 pm

The reason the maps here at Phantasy Star Cave still haven't been corrected is that I want to play through the game again myself on original hardware and map out everything. Unfortunately, my Master System is currently not functioning, and my TV's RF input is damaged.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Zucca » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm

BenoitRen wrote:The reason the maps here at Phantasy Star Cave still haven't been corrected is that I want to play through the game again myself on original hardware and map out everything.
Nice.
Meanwhile people could always use vgmaps.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby MrStarbird » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:50 pm

playing through PS Generation 1, the Atlas item shows you those hidden passageways. That is how somebody probably finally found those passages in the master system after all those years
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Hm. It seems VGMaps don't actually have those locations on their maps. :o
But I'm sure I fought that Red Dragon at some point. So I think I have seen the secret passages somewhere on the internet...
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Return to Phantasy Star