Issue Completing PS Gen 2 Clear Game Quest

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Issue Completing PS Gen 2 Clear Game Quest

Postby tha_ape » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:35 am

So I've followed the Moeman_'s Clear Quest guide and noticed some inconsistencies..

I've done everything as written and am not getting results, I feel like I'm missing a side quest of some sort. Specifics below.Everything I do matches the guide up until:

"{22} Kueris 1". I consult when I get to town and see fresh dialog. After talking to everyone in town and consulting again, there is no new dialog, its the same as when I arrived.

"{23} Paseo 7" I speak to the governor, meet keinz (dont add him to party) and consult. I get fresh dialog. I talk to the governor again and consult and its the same dialog.

"{25} Zema 3" I speak with Carmel and its the same dialog from "{21} Zema 2".

Anyone else have this issue? I'm a bit scared to keep going, lol. I've already attempted the Clear Game quest once (noted these issues) but forgot to consult once I got to Uzo... I still played it out since the quest was almost over and it didnt work. Now I'm going through it again hoping not to waste another 15hrs.

I've actually printed all of this stuff out, wrote the Japanese names next to each towns person along with a description of them and where they are. I have checklists to ensure I'm talking to all of them and have them all talk until they repeat phrases a few times.
tha_ape
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Issue Completing PS Gen 2 Clear Game Quest

Postby tha_ape » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Well I kept going, following everything as it was written... did not work. Another 15hr down the tubes...

"{31} Zema 4" Zachariah had no new dialogue

Has anyone actually gotten it to work? I'm thinking I need to use certain people (other than the times the guide tell you to) or talk to people in a different order (except the ones the guide specifically calls out the order). I'm going to erase save and start from scratch. Start a new game with PSG1 clear data loaded... then beat it again. Then go for this quest again.
tha_ape
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Issue Completing PS Gen 2 Clear Game Quest

Postby Pukka » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 pm

There's 1 more requirement you missed, other than PSG1 clear data, you also need PSG1 clear data + PSG2 clear data. After loading pSG1 clear data, playthrough PSG2 once, after the credits you'll be asked to save. It'll clear a PSG2 save game on your memory card. You'll see a Rolf only in the save game (by right, even if you save the earliest possible, you'll get Rolf + Nei in the save game)

I've gotten it to work, u can search for my post and download my savegame memory card
Pukka
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Phantasy Star