What color was Orakio's hair?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Saner2 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:44 pm

well Rulakir kinda has blonde hair but compared to Orakio's black and white image in the intro, he looks nothing like his twin =P <p>hmmmmmm. it's possible Orakio's hair was black. or maybe blonde. <p>
Saner2

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri May 06, 2005 6:53 pm

There are some official artworks with his hair color if I recall.. want me to get them from Wolgang's site?
Lord Khyron

Postby ThePeaGuy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:36 pm

I always thought that Orakio had blonde hair since he is Rulakir's twin brother.
ThePeaGuy

Postby marmotgirl » Fri May 06, 2005 8:26 pm

Toyo Ozaki's artwork had his hair green, I believe.
marmotgirl

Postby Ultema » Fri May 06, 2005 9:49 pm

You know, that's interesting, the green/blonde thing. In many Japanese things I've noticed that they switch green and blonde pretty often -- Samus from the original Metroid she had green hair in the sprite and blonde in the artwork... Terra from FF, and uh.. one of the main characters from the Genesis Castlevania come to mind. In some instances, they had blonde hair, but in others it's green. I wonder what the significance of that is o_o<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Ultema on [TIME]1115416377[/TIME]][/size]
Ultema

Postby Kalbelgarion » Fri May 06, 2005 10:05 pm

Well, in PSIII, in general I've noticed that Layans have blonde/green hair, and Orakians have brown or blue hair. The only exceptions are Maia, who has whitish-blue, and Ryan who has (dyed?) black hair.<p>So I've always imagined Orakio having dark brown hair.
Kalbelgarion

Postby Alis in Wonderland » Sat May 07, 2005 1:51 am

i wonder which hair colour genes are dominant and recessive in Palmans... i'd say blue was domnant because there are an awful lot of blue and green-haired Palmans.
Alis in Wonderland

Postby xperroni » Sat May 07, 2005 2:09 am

It's an old topic in the anime / manga forums, strange eye / hair colours and genetics. Personally, I prefer to think that (somewhat like presentation coreographies) this is one of the things about manga that simply doesn't lean towards rational explanation. Artists use it simply because it's cool, without giving it much thought.
xperroni

Re: What color was Orakio's hair?

Postby zio_falz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:29 am

ThePeaGuy wrote:I always thought that Orakio had blonde hair since he is Rulakir's twin brother.

they are fraternal twins, not identical
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Phantasy Star