Is this what we want?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Is this what we want?

Postby Siren » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:34 pm

Remakes, do we really want them? After seeing the results of the PS1 remake, I'm not sure I want to see what Sega will do to numbers 2 and 4.<p>Of course, it would be different if the developement teams were the same as they were in the original, but that doesn't see to be the case. I'm confident that us fans could create a much more pleasing remake. Why not?
Siren

Is this what we want?

Postby Benoit » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:31 pm

I don't need remakes. Well, except maybe for Phantasy Star III. Some phans are already working on that one. But I don't like it much...
Benoit

Is this what we want?

Postby Redeemer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:18 am

theres only 1 thing i want to happen to PSIV and thats to make it portable. that would make my day.
Redeemer

Is this what we want?

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:32 pm

If the remakes are, actually, *remakes* (I mean, actually taking advantage of all the technology available on our days that weren´t back when the games were made, not just using a new make-up), and they don´t ruin the story with lame cameos, advertisements, dumb dialogues and horrible translation... I´m ok with it.
Monocromatico

Is this what we want?

Postby Wosu » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:51 pm

I really would appreciate a remake, as long as they don't touch the story and the characters. Even a sort of new design won't make me sad as long long as the personality are the same.)<p>But if they do some stupid things such as making Nei a grown up, an ultra sexy doll with big breasts I'll just give up on this game. Nei is more like a little sister to Rolf, he has raised her after she had been hunt by humans, a sister who is about 16 considering her body size(in my opinion).<br>So I hop they won't try to make a love story in PSII, I like the way it is with just a team of hunters the society dislike; I love this mature atmosphere which can't be found in any other game.<br>
Wosu

Is this what we want?

Postby ill-intent » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:46 am

‘º‚̌͂ê–؂̉º‚É‚ ‚é
ill-intent

Is this what we want?

Postby ill-intent » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:49 am

GAH! what was that?!? (stupid glitch!)<p>What I had originally typed was:<p> You may not want to hear this, Wosu, but in the Drama CD story there IS a romantic aspect to Rolf and Nei. (NM-2011 has a flashback of Nei's death early on the disk) But it was one sided. Nei loved Rolf, but he still saw her as a sister. <p>I actually, kinda liked the idea and took note of it when I wrote my manga version.
ill-intent

Is this what we want?

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:29 am

I have to compliment you on your manga...it's really good...<br>I think part of the appeal is the fact that your not totally sticking to the story, but rather reinventing parts of it. The pages take a long time to load on my Dial Up, though.
LaconianShot

Is this what we want?

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:41 am

Wai! Andrew knows the greatness of Nm-2011!<p>^_^ She is so cool, Like Saligun!
Lord Khyron

Is this what we want?

Postby Siren » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:34 am

Call me ignorant but... who is NM 2011? Is it another name for a well-know PS character? :?
Siren

Is this what we want?

Postby Redeemer » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:53 am

Although I wouldnt mind seeing a big breasted Nei or whatever your description was (too lazy to remember it. yeah im that sad) I think they should steer away from doing that. Youll know that they are very desperate should they take that route. Still wouldnt mind the sight :D Yeah people view me as offensive at times, so what :P
Redeemer

Is this what we want?

Postby Benoit » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:13 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>Wai! Andrew knows the greatness of Nm-2011!<p>^_^ She is so cool, Like Saligun!<br></blockquote><br>Wait a second there... Don't jump to conclusions. He just mentioned NM-2011, he didn't say that she was great.
Benoit

Is this what we want?

Postby Siren » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:07 am

Ohhh, never mind. NM-2011 was a numan in a drama CD for Sega CD. <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1079600890[/TIME]][/size]
Siren

Is this what we want?

Postby Redeemer » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:06 am

Benoit do not speak so soon for he will quickly correct you on that hehe. and I finally got my avatar to work yay
Redeemer

Is this what we want?

Postby Benoit » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:41 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Siren</i><p>Ohhh, never mind. NM-2011 was a numan in a drama CD for Sega CD. <p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1079600890[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><br>That's mostly correct, though the Drama CD is just a regular audio CD for your CD player.
Benoit

Next

Return to Phantasy Star