Saber search

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Saber search

Postby Makaeveli » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:25 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>For all the Yamato users out there...ditch that weapon if you can. I find it incredibly slow. I don't care if it has massive attack potential and 5 hit combos, I find it near useless when the enemies start moving faster. I switched to a Sinow Berill's Hand #0 and I find the 6 hit combo with high speed incredibly usefull (only if you grind it, or else the attack is low). The Havoc special attack is incredibly helpful too.<br></blockquote><p> Is the attack speed of a Yamato any different from the Musashi? Personally I don't care much for speed with that weapon, seeing as how the following 4 hits go fast. When I select weapons I go for ATP and that's it.<br>
Makaeveli
 

Saber search

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:17 pm

Go ahead and use a Musashi or Yamato if you want...but you'll get killed in Very Hard mode when the enemies can hit twice as fast as you. Though, I believe that the Yamato is <i>slightly</i> faster then the Musashi.
LaconianShot
 

Saber search

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:57 pm

They are both the same type and thus the same speed.<p>I've had to rely on the Yamato to get me through ONLINE Very Hard while playing Seat of the Heart. Even on Very Hard, the Yamato just owns, it's fast enough after the first strike.
Benoit
 

Saber search

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:12 am

It's good for a heavy duty weapon, but...I just think that the Sinow Berill's Hands are better. The Yamato just doesn't fit my style of play right now.<br>However, an Asuka in conjuction with God/Battle would be one of the most powerful weapons ever!
LaconianShot
 

Saber search

Postby Neo48 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:17 am

I was doing the East Tower quest alone in Ultimate and I found my second Asuka (level up of yamato, and if you want power and accuracy, look at this weapon) from a Mericarol. So I will propose I am proposing a trade to anyone. <p>Last time I do that quest alone. My mag took a massive beating. But alot of cool enemies. But what interested me the most were the Ill Gill. They looked like hunters with a Soul Banish. I thought that there could be a relation to Kireek and these enemies. I always thought of Lily's as just annoying, those Del Lily's scared me! My biggest trouble though was probably with Gi Gue. I enjoyed doing a level that was different from what I am used to though. <p>Benoit, I did the Blue Star Memory's quest in Ultimate, it was pretty fun. I got A Rank, then B Rank, then A Rank. I enjoyed the fact that Break and Oland were talking about the Hunters we know of in Ep. 1&2.
Neo48
 

Saber search

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:11 pm

Cool. :)<p>Now you should try Seat of the Heart, the quest that first introduced us to the Control Tower.<br>You did the quests offline, no? You just need to have played Knowing One's Heart to understand the story.
Benoit
 

Saber search

Postby Siren » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:55 pm

Ranks!?! Is this something online? I've never heard of it. When I do go online, you guys will have to show me around...
Siren
 

Saber search

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:06 pm

Some quests have rank for stuff you do in the quest. Nothing special.
Benoit
 

Saber search

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:26 pm

Wait...Knowing One's Heart...<b>does this mean that Seat of the Heart has something to do with Elly?!</b> She's one cool NPC...besides the creepy machine fetish...:p
LaconianShot
 

Saber search

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:38 pm

That's right.<br>Heh, it was inevitable that there would be a quest involving her since we see her in the Lab in Episode II. :)
Benoit
 

Saber search

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:42 pm

True...she know's Gal de Val's location, after all. I hope that it makes up for the lack of offline quests.
LaconianShot
 

Saber search

Postby Neo48 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:11 am

Scratch that quest Benoit, read my new topic to learn why :( .<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Neo48 on [TIME]1082423568[/TIME]][/size]
Neo48
 

Saber search

Postby Benoit » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:24 pm

Okay, so you lost some weapons... I don't see how that would mean that you can't do the quest. You have other weapons too. Hell, do it in Very Hard if you can't in Ultimate.
Benoit
 

Saber search

Postby Siren » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:56 pm

<blockquote>Okay, so you lost some weapons... I don't see how that would mean that you can't do the quest.</blockquote> <p>You're right, in a way, because there's nothing really stopping him from doing the quest, but I'm afraid you don't understand what he's saying. Neo's kind of disheartened since he lost his weapons and he doesn't feel like playing PSO much.
Siren
 

Saber search

Postby Neo48 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:51 am

This is quite the blow to me. I guess I can do it in very hard. Not much exp. though.
Neo48
 

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Online

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 58 guests