PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby lutz4ever » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:36 pm

lol what r u like ^_^<p>Ill prob wait ay, and like u say the Hunters License is a good enough reaon but i work so I can afford it if I buy two. Wouldnt bother me. Oh well we'll se I guess....
lutz4ever

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Etra McGarl » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:02 am

I have a question but please don't yell at me, is PSO worth the 8.35 a month i was wonder because i was thinking of getting a modem adapter.
Etra McGarl

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Benoit » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:06 am

This question is always showing up... when the answer is obvious.<p>It's Phantasy Star ONLINE. Most of the enjoyment from the game comes from playing it online, meeting new people, making friends, teaming up and fighting together.<p>Of course it's worth it.
Benoit

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Vulcan » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:54 pm

Im always up for a game or two online. count me in.
Vulcan

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Rika/Phoenix » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:30 pm

Was is exactly the difference on the GC PSO?
Rika/Phoenix

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Benoit » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:50 pm

You mean the difference between Dreamcast PSO Ver.2 and GameCube PSO?<p>Faster loading times. WAY faster.<br>An all-new Episode, Episode II, containing a great plot/story and four new areas. Well, actually 2. VR Temple and VR Spaceship were taken from Battle mode to become full-fledged stages with a boss each. The new stages contain new enemies.<br>The new episode also contains a new Pioneer 2.<br>More items.<br>More rares.<br>Three new character classes: HUcaseal, RAmarl and FOmar.<br>New lobbies (online, of course).<br>Some new online quests (Seat of the Heart! Yummy.)<br>Slightly improved online structure.<br>Improved Ultimate mode. Now it's reasonable.<p>That's about it, I think.
Benoit

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Mizehrith » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:43 pm

Also, stat requirements for several of the rare weapons were increased (and, if I'm not mistaken, some were decreased). In the DC versions, the MST requirement for the Psycho Wand, for example, was 450, but was changed to 900 for the GC version.
Mizehrith

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Lobo » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:17 pm

I might soon join! If i get BB...
Lobo

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Rika/Phoenix » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:44 pm

PSO taking the more original things from the original series? So with the new system can you still only have up to four players in a party?
Rika/Phoenix

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:23 pm

Yeah, your party is 4 players max.<p>If you're getting BroadBand, buy a BBA for your GameCube right away. They will soon be very hard to find...
Benoit

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby jherm » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:32 pm

soon? bba already is hard, i've never seen one and i have a friend lookin for one, he's never seen one
jherm

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:09 am

Count me in...if I ever get online.Oh, and when you buy a hunter's licence, can you use it with any of your characters? Also, can two people go online at once with the same GC (I'm talking split screen, like multiplayer), or will it only support one person online on the same GC at a time? Answers would be appreciated...<p>Oh, and one last thing...is the 56k Modem adapter slower then the Broadband adapter? Nintendo said there wouldn't be much of a difference...
LaconianShot

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby SheWren » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:28 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Count me in...if I ever get online.Oh, and when you buy a hunter's licence, can you use it with any of your characters? </blockquote><br>Yes, of course. You can use it for every character you want and every memory card you want. But only one online with the same HL.<br><blockquote>Also, can two people go online at once with the same GC (I'm talking split screen, like multiplayer), or will it only support one person online on the same GC at a time? </blockquote><br>Only one player for every GC. Spleet screen is only for offline multiplayer.<br><blockquote><br>Oh, and one last thing...is the 56k Modem adapter slower then the Broadband adapter? Nintendo said there wouldn't be much of a difference...<br></blockquote><br>Only when downloading a quest you will see a difference. It's not your bandwith that can create a problem, but your PING. The lowest your ping is, the better you can play. A high ping can cause lag and disconnection: it doesn't depend on SEGA, but on your ISP.<p>For instance: I'm on ADSL and my usual team mate on 56K...but sometimes he plays better than me and get the boxes before I do, even if we are on it the same time. I suppose his ping is lower than mine, maybe because he lives in an area with less traffic.<p>[size=small][Edit by SheWren on [TIME]1078140766[/TIME]][/size]
SheWren

PSCave on Ragol (GC)

Postby Benoit » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:08 am

I used to play to play PSO online on Dreamcast, that had a built-in modem of 33.6kbps.<br>There's not much difference now that I'm using broadband.<p>Also, if you're interested in PSO: Episode III, you can use the same Hunter's License to go online with that game. Neat-o.
Benoit

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star Online