Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Zucca » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 pm

I just ate SPAM. I won't be eating it again.


I think I feed the dogs with the rest of it.
I am NaN!
User avatar
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Rasi, Kouvola, Finland

Postby Tanith » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Zucca wrote:I just ate SPAM. I won't be eating it again.

Good plan.

Speaking of food, tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the USA. We're making a champagne-basted turkey, and also dressing and rolls from scratch. My parents are making the rest of the meal... I can't remember what, though I was promised pie.

So anyway, in case I'm not around, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow citizens, residents and others currently camped out in the States, and hope everyone else enjoys their Thursday (or are already enjoying it, depending on the time zone).
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Tanith wrote:hope everyone else enjoys their Thursday (or are already enjoying it, depending on the time zone)

Posting from the future right now. ;)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Tanith » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:49 am

Sweet! As of approximately 45 minutes ago, I'm also posting from the future.

No, wait...

Hey, does anyone else think it's wild that when looking at the cosmos, we're really seeing what it looked like in the past? And that we can only see some billions of light years away, but that there might be more universe(s) beyond that?

Oh my, now I'm talking about the universe. Someone stop me...

One day, if no other cosmic phenomena takes out the Milky Way first, it will collide with the Andromeda galaxy. That's totally badass!

I'm still talking about the universe... Ahh!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:26 am

Caffeine: Enriching our lives since who knows when...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:13 pm

One of my friends once ruined some people's lives in high school by telling them that since the speed of light is faster than the speed of sound, by the time you hear something, it already happened (or something like that). Since I was never really a science-y person, I chose not to think about it that much and remain blissfully ignorant, so it never bothered me too much.

I do sometimes have to lecture my drummers on speed of light vs. speed of sound when they're slowing down and not realizing it, but I try not to ruin their lives too much...
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:36 am

How does that constitute ruining someone's life?

I've known of the difference between the speed of light versus that of sound since I was a little kid. Having a Physicist father made me aware of LOTS of things since I was a bed wetter.
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:55 am

I'm stuck in school the entire day. Great...

At least I get to look forward to helping out a friend this evening.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Tanith » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:47 am

Hot tub and blended comforts (cocktails) at my place. You're all invited if you can find me. :P
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm

[quote="WING-0"]How does that constitute ruining someone's life?
[quote]

One girl claimed that it ruined her life because it was all she could think about. Actually, come to think of it, she was never the brightest person. One day in economics class, she ran right into an open door and my friends and I still laugh about it, nearly ten years later.
User avatar
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Postby Tanith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:30 am

I'm so not hip anymore. I don't get half the smilies on the internet. Someone please tell me what this means:

X///3
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
User avatar
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Landen

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:25 am

Guess who's having a huge fever?

ME!!!

Katran: Tell her there's a supermassive black hole in our galactic center that eats EVERYTHING. That'll prove to give her nightmares.

Tanith: No idea... I must be totally not hip...
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Semix » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I hate school, for tomorrow I have:
Geo homework
Drama essay
Maths homework
English coursework
Mock biology exam

Then for tuesday more chemistry homework. FML. Its half 10 on sunday night, I'm tired, sweaty and melancholy.
Image
User avatar
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: UK-Kent

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:35 pm

I've had a tiring day helping a friend move, and tomorrow morning I have to get up at 6 AM to get at school on time. I'm thinking of not going.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 am

I'm feeling better ow that my fever has finally gone down. Time for more work!!

This is a happy song to celebrate I don't feel more pain!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5rmXIp4-KE
Image
User avatar
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 am
Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 90 guests