Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Malakai » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:00 pm

Wow, this is something new to me. Of course, I haven't been to this forum for two and a half years - and back then the format was way different.<p>Anyway, Shining Force is being ressurected as well? I hope they do it the justice it deserves; Shining Force I-III were some of my favorite growing-up RPGs.<p>Man, I've been out of the loop for a looooong time. ~_~
Malakai
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby zoothe » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:20 pm

As for a US Shining Tears: Brady Games (they do strategy guide) has a release date for their guide of ST for the end of February... meaning the game itself won't be too far behind :)<p>Shining Force NEO is getting a lot of flak from Force fans. Ppl are saying it's a death to the Shining Force series.
zoothe
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby zoothe » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:52 am

Well, rather than create a whole new thread, I figured I'd post this here. <p>It's a preview video for Shining Force Neo:<p> http://www.sega.jp/segachan/ch2/sforceneo_pr.html <br><p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1106535187[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Gboy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:58 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by zoothe</i><p>As for a US Shining Tears: Brady Games (they do strategy guide) has a release date for their guide of ST for the end of February... meaning the game itself won't be too far behind :)<p>Shining Force NEO is getting a lot of flak from Force fans. Ppl are saying it's a death to the Shining Force series.<br></blockquote><p>I would n't say it's the death of the series. I still believe that Sega will release the next installment with it's traditional gameplay hench the reason they are calling this game SHINING FORCE NEO to point out the fact that it's not SHINING FORCE 4. The recently announced new SHINING FORCE game may be the SRPG that the fanbase wants. That or another MMOP.......
Gboy
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby ThePeaGuy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:18 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by zoothe</i><p>As for a US Shining Tears: Brady Games (they do strategy guide) has a release date for their guide of ST for the end of February... meaning the game itself won't be too far behind :)<p>Shining Force NEO is getting a lot of flak from Force fans. Ppl are saying it's a death to the Shining Force series.<br></blockquote><p>Criticising a game that isn't even out yet is really silly and pointless. People should pass judgement on a game AFTER they experience it themselves.<p>The only reason why SF Neo is getting a lot of stick from Shining fans is because Camelot aren't involved with the series anymore. %)
ThePeaGuy
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:07 pm

Those idiotic purists seem to forget that the first ever shining game was<p>SHINING IN THE DARKNESS<p>That game is vastly different from the others. Yet they regard it as cannon. Look at the Holy Ark series..<p>They can't hate NEO for being different, when the first ever Shining game is more different than Neo is.
Lord Khyron
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Benoit » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:34 pm

Canon, Khyron. Only one "n".<p>I think it was about Shining Force, not Shining in its whole.<p>If you ask me, they have a right to gripe about the different team doing SF Neo. Look at what Sega did when they made Shining Soul by themselves...
Benoit
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby zoothe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 am

Yeah, from what I'm reading, NEO will be nothing like any of the other Force games. If that's the case, then I can understand the disappointment. Obviously there are many different Shining series' that aren't really connected to eachother aside from the name Shining. So then why would Sega make a game that is so different from the Force series and then call it Force anyways? Who knows.<p>I really don't care how different it is from the Force series... I'll still get it.
zoothe
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:14 pm

Thank you for the correction Benoit.<p>Mayhaps I was in my mode of using "CANNON" in my story and it just transferred over..<p>Anyways, If the gripe is putting FORCE on the name of Neo, then I agree.<p>But if the gripe is because it's trying something different, then you need to play it before coming to a conclusion.<p>Episode 3 did something different and we turned out to love it.<p>Shining force Neo reminds me of a Shining Soul personally..<p>It should be renamed "Shining Soul Neo"
Lord Khyron
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby zoothe » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:02 am

I wonder why Shining Force and Shining Soul are the only Shining games to got sequels. My favorites are still Shining in the Darkness and Shining the Holy Ark. Shining Wisdom was pretty good but a little too cutesy for my taste. As for NEO; if it's not Force and not Soul then they should've just called it something else. I read on other forums that NEO was added to the title after the system was changed in a way that deviated from the Force style. I don't know how true that is, probably just a rumor.<p>On another note, do any of you consider Timestalkers to be related to the Shining series at all? After all, Climax made it and Pyra is in it. I myself always felt that Landstalker, Dark Savior, and Timestalkers were all related to the Shining series. Kinda like how Shining Soul is related to Shining Darkness... thier names and stories are different but they're connected. I dunno, just wondered what other people thought.
zoothe
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Demon Child » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:23 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by zoothe</i><p>I read on other forums that NEO was added to the title after the system was changed in a way that deviated from the Force style. I don't know how true that is, probably just a rumor.<br></blockquote><br>Rumor or not calling it NEO is rather accurate since the word means in a new or different way. O_o<br>So I can see why people would think that.<p>[size=small][Edit by Demon Child on [TIME]1106871891[/TIME]][/size]
Demon Child
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Benoit » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:59 pm

<blockquote>On another note, do any of you consider Timestalkers to be related to the Shining series at all? After all, Climax made it and Pyra is in it. I myself always felt that Landstalker, Dark Savior, and Timestalkers were all related to the Shining series.</blockquote><br>I don't consider them to be related. Climax is a group of people that split off the original team, and went to do other things. Still, you could see from their games that they did come from that group.<p>The Shining series was continued by Camelot, so it's those games I consider related.
Benoit
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby ThePeaGuy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:34 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p> <br>I don't consider them to be related. Climax is a group of people that split off the original team, and went to do other things. Still, you could see from their games that they did come from that group.<p>The Shining series was continued by Camelot, so it's those games I consider related.<br></blockquote><p>Don't know if I'm the only one here who believes this, but I do not think that SthA and SF3 are part of the same universe as are the rest of the Shining games made by Camelot.<p>And no, I do not agree with Moogie's (the web mistress of Shining Force Central) geographical theory that the lands of SF3 and StHA are part of the Paramecia continent since there is no concrete evidence in those two games to back that theory up. <p><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1106960478[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby zoothe » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:38 pm

<blockquote>I don't consider them to be related. Climax is a group of people that split off the original team, and went to do other things. Still, you could see from their games that they did come from that group. </blockquote> <p>Yeah, I know the connection is weak or slight, but when I saw Pyra in Timestalkers I just thought: "What non-sequel Shining games have character cameos in them. It has to count for something."<p>I also felt that they had a similar feeling to them stylistically... but like you said, that's probably just because of the Camelot people in Climax.
zoothe
 

Awesome new info On Shining Tears.

Postby Gboy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:14 pm

It's mainly to do with the first couple of Shining games in which Camelot and Climax worked on. LANDSTALKER was meant to be a Shining game originally and had many cameos of various characters in it. But it spun off into it's own thing. Though they continue this cameo thing whenever they can due to the good relationship they have with each other and Sega.<br>by the time they had SHINING FORCE cameos in CLIMAX LANDERS/TIME STALKERS,Camelot quit Sega in a big fallout between the two companies that to this day has never/will never be resolved. As far as i know LANDSTALKER is meant to be set in the same world as the megadrive SHINING FORCE games. The original title for LANDSTALKER was SHINING ROUGE<br>.
Gboy
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 137 guests