Page 1 of 1

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:30 pm
by Lord Khyron
Playing Warsong aka Langrisser again, On the stage with the slimes..<p>Nothing can hurt the slimes. Not even knights or archers..<p>Yet when Mina shows up with her Guardsmen, someone says "They can't stand fire!"<p>Now when Guardsmen do a distance attack, the enemies catch fire.<p>I've come to the conclusion that in the Langrisser series, Guardsmen use a FIRE based weapon. Perhaps a torch. <p>This is true in the sequel, Langrisser 2 where Guardsmen work best against slimes. Guardsmen can get almost no casualties...<p>So I believe Guardsmen use torches when they attack. <p>Let me tell you, you want a hard game? Stage 1 of Warsong says it all o.o

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:02 pm
by KexMex
Warsong was so-and-so good, but I gave up on it and played FFIV instead.

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:17 pm
by Lord Khyron
Warsong is HARD unless you realize Baldarov must be used to weaken foes for Garrett..<p>Stage 1 is hard to escape.. Even harder to kill them all. <p>Bosel is just WOW o.o

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:09 am
by Synbios
Scenario 12 is the hardest of the game, in my opinion. You start the stagem surrounded by strong enemies, and you can't ever choose your character's starting place.

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:27 am
by OpaOpaJr
Love that game!<p>Yes, later on when you fight slimes again guardsmen beat the living hell out of the slimes. One location is where you fight those styrachosaurs and ant troops with slime regiments in there (should be after you beat... what's that dudes name? in the main castle). They aren't great troops for the most part, but since in the higher scenarios you often use your main characters to off the opposing troops the guardsmen make cheap slime removal.

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:59 pm
by Lord Khyron
You'd love the sequel even more Opa..<p>You can find the english translation on Zophar.net<p>Sequel has Larna! <p>And Elwyn is a better hero than Chaz will ever be.

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:07 pm
by KexMex
The most useless Warsong class must be Tiberon's Serpent Knight. When he can get it there's almost no water left, so it's useless.<p>Either that or King. Magic arrows, yay!

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:14 am
by Synbios
I also like Langrisser 2 remakr for SNES, Der Langrisser, where you can choose your path, hehehehehe(same for Langrisser 4).

Interesting Langrisser Point

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:07 pm
by Monocromatico
I like both games. The guardsmen indeed seem to use a fire based weapon, probably a torch or a staff with a torch on the top. But they are utter crap from that point on. I use them only to avoid getting Mina or other magicians killed before the reiforces arive.<p>I have to play the games again, I don“t remember much about them.