Page 1 of 2

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:16 pm
by ThePeaGuy
If you have a religion, what is it?<p>Me? I'm a deist.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:45 pm
by HuBBsDoctor
I'm Mormon and I think it best you ask Missagh to close this thread ASAP if it gets out of hand. No one around here takes to kindly to religious threads. Way to many opinions that clash and people getting upset at one another.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:01 pm
by ThePeaGuy
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by HuBBsDoctor</i><p>I'm Mormon and I think it best you ask Missagh to close this thread ASAP if it gets out of hand. No one around here takes to kindly to religious threads. Way to many opinions that clash and people getting upset at one another.<br></blockquote><p>I can delete it myself if I want to, but this thread is only about what you believe in, so it shouldn't cause any arguments. And if people want to make an argument out of this thread, I'll tell them where to go, personally.<p>So, what is a Mormon, HuBBs? <p><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1127156738[/TIME]][/size]

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:34 pm
by KexMex
I am Atheist. I do, however, remain present at Christian traditions, due to the fact that I enjoy being with my family.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:09 pm
by Nightmare
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by KexMex</i><p>I am Atheist. I do, however, remain present at Christian traditions, due to the fact that I enjoy being with my family.<br></blockquote><p>I am pretty much the same way and yes HuBBs please explain

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:28 pm
by HuBBsDoctor
http://www.mormon.org/ <p>This site has an FAQ about my religion.<p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1127161761[/TIME]][/size]

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:04 pm
by PSP
"Yeah, because, you know, I don't believe that religions are religions. No, I believe they are philosophies with some good ideas and some fucking weird ones." -Eddie Izzard<p>That about covers my viewpoint. I'm agnostic, because I think any person who trusts the written word of man, mistranslated from it's original language (which is what the Bible is if you study it), as the infalible word of God, no matter how contradictory it is, needs to think for themselves. And that's just my opinion.<p>-Corey

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:09 pm
by ThePeaGuy
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by PSP</i><p>"Yeah, because, you know, I don't believe that religions are religions. No, I believe they are philosophies with some good ideas and some *****ing weird ones." -Eddie Izzard<p>That about covers my viewpoint. I'm agnostic, because I think any person who trusts the written word of man, mistranslated from it's original language (which is what the Bible is if you study it), as the infalible word of God, no matter how contradictory it is, needs to think for themselves. And that's just my opinion.<p>-Corey<br></blockquote><p>We deists also share that same philosophy, even though agnostics couldn't give two-shits about the existence of God.<br>

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:47 pm
by Siren
@PSP: Amen. I believe the Bible is something that you need to be very careful reading, but there is alot of good shit in there for living, whether you believe in God or not. However, people need to realise that alot of what was written was based on paradigms of the time, and that times change. So with that, so should you be mindful of how that applies to the times <b>now</b>.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:11 pm
by Coldfury
I'm straight out of the bible-belt in America - raised a Christian, with the belief that all other religions are heathen and satan-worship in a way. Not a good way to be sent out into the world!<br>I'm not so closed minded as others, and I know now that religion is essentially a guideline for morals. Basic principles of society and all - do unto others as would would have done unto you - judge not (that's a hard one for anyone) - and that one commandment I have trouble with the most, is do not covet. I'm always wishing I had more - don't get me wrong, it's not a deterrant to ambition or motivation. It's more along the lines of "Don't sit and think about how bad off you are, and how better things can be, only 'if'. " That will eventually make a bitter person, and no one likes those kinds of people. Do what you can with what you have. If you don't have enough to be happy - by George, get more! Nothing wrong with bettering yourself, just try to remain humble and you'll do right by yourself and others.<p>If someone wants to worship Buddha, or hell - Haley's Comet, more power to them. It's good to believe in something, it's a way to draw steam and resolve from thin air... or maybe not thin air at all? ;)

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:31 pm
by Tekno-Crystal
I have no religion, I don't believe in God, or any other deity, simple as that ;). I don't care if other people do belive in a God (or multiple Gods/Goddesses) as long as they don't try and convert me, live your life the way you want and I'll live mine the way I want.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:15 am
by Monocromatico
Wisdom is everywhere, in every philosophy, in every religion. That´s what I seek.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:07 pm
by Malakai
I'm also a Mormon, as Hubbs named himself. The formal name of the church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And although I am open to talk about religion in other settings, I agree that this thread should be kept to a dull roar.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:01 am
by Xian Shade
I have my own religious beliefs, though I was born catholic. I believe there's a god, just that he doesn't pay attention anymore. He's moved on to another world to start again. I won't get into all the details because it might piss some people off.

What religion are you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:40 pm
by Forge
Although my family uses the Christian holidays, I'm a fatalist personally.<p>I believe that Fate exists yet is not a sentient entity. I believe that we are bound to do what we are bound to do. Which mustn't stop us trying - because it is fated that we will try to achieve what we feel we can.<p>However, I only believe this because it fits my other beliefs (abbout the occult, etc.) and is slightly comforting. If things didn't happen the way they did, I may not be with my girlfriend, which is making me very happy. So, it's a slight comfort, as I can imagine that any deity may be.<p>I do not believe that Fate cares about us.<p>My girlfriend happens to be your basic Christian, just not particularly church-going, if you were interested in knowing.