Page 1 of 1

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:59 am
by Saner2
I got windows 98 and pentium 2. <p>da ya think firefox is a good browser?<p>I got IE.<p>

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:11 am
by Mage1
I have a laptop on windows XP

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:26 am
by Saner2
ummm what does your laptop have to do with anything??<br>

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:47 am
by Mage1
I don't know, I play on the Game Cube.

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:47 am
by Mizehrith
Firefox is an excellent browser from what I've seen. If you're looking to switch, go for it. Definitely. :)<br>Alternately, you might consider using the original Mozilla browser off of which Firefox is based. There are very few differences — which either Benoit or someone else can describe to you in detail — so it's really a matter of preference.

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:24 pm
by Benoit
Yes, Firefox is a safe browser. It doesn't have ActiveX, which greatly enhance security. It also has less security problems.<p>The same can be said about Mozilla, the Application Suite.<p>Firefox - browser with limited functions, heavily dependant on third-party extensions to gain more functionality.<p>Mozilla (Application Suite) - browser, e-mail client, and IRC client in one. At installation, you can choose which components to install. The browser component has a lot of options. The biggest selling point of Mozilla is its tight integration between browser and e-mail client.<p>Both are of the same speed, and have the same security. Try them both if you can, and decide for yourself.

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:41 pm
by Saner2
thanks.

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:06 pm
by LaconianShot
Firefox has my endorsement. It's a great, secure browser. Very easy to use, though it's streamlined so some plugins have to be downloaded. You can use (all?) Mozilla extensions with it, I believe, so it can be as light or as heavy as you want. Beats out IE by far.

is Mozilla Firefox a safe browser?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:19 am
by Shell Presto
My Internet Explorer recently messed with me by somehow getting rid of the address bar. I know how to put it back up, but I think it got corrupted or something, because every attempt I have made to get the bar back has failed. As a result, I downloaded Firefox. It's nice, easy to use, and just as functional as IE. Also, to my understanding, there aren't a lot of viruses targeted to it yet, so I'm hoping its safer.