Page 1 of 2
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:44 pm
by Arkhan
I was thinking the other day...about Dreamcast and Xbox.....and I think the Xbox is just a revival of Dreamcast...think about it<p>Dreamcast = 4 port, windows powered, comes w/ modem (Dialup...sorta what killed it), the controller has the VMU ports<p>Xbox = 4 port, similar controller, windows powered, has memory units in controller, comes w/ modem (Broadband...fixing dreamcasts error), and alot of dreamcast games are being released for XBox!...Phantasy Star, Jet Set Radio, and theres even Sega games for xbox, (Gun Valkyrie)........<p>is it wrong to consider XBox as the savior of the dead, but still cool dreamcast?<p>*Ecco lives!* Yeeehawwww<p>Byebye!<p>oh did I mention, dreamcast has the coolest looking design....PS2 looks like a gimped DVD player, Gamecube, meh its ok but it has that dorky handle

, and Xbox, cmon ive seen smaller first-wave 80s VCRs.....
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:47 pm
by Benoit
Eh... There was nothing wrong with dial-up. Half of the surfing people on the Internet still use it these days. I played PSO on dial-up for 1.5 years, and lag was rare.<p>It's bad for Europeans, though, because we pay by the minute instead of a subscription fee. Our phone bill wasn't pretty...<p>XBox the revival of Dreamcast? I can see how you might think so, because both were geared towards online play. However, the XBox doesn't even come near the large amount of quality games the Dreamcast has.<br>Dreamcast did have Windows CE, but only games ported from the PC used it. Most games didn't use it at all.
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:51 pm
by Arkhan
Ah I meant Dialup gaming not surfin'....a majority of gamers at that point just used broadband and all their games on PC...I preferred PSO on DC anyways.<p>The other thing is both systems have the ability to run Emulators, and other things like that...Xbox even has Linux for it.?<p>Yea, and xbox is lacking good games still.......Huzzah for Ecco the Dolphin!

That game was a masterpiece.
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:51 pm
by WolfHunt
the controller S kinda looks like a ps2 whacked together with dreamcast
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:08 pm
by ROMeo
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Arkhan</i><br>and Xbox, cmon ive seen smaller first-wave 80s VCRs.....<br></blockquote><p>Q: What the only way to destroy an Xbox?<br>A: Dropping another Xbox on it.

Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:38 pm
by WolfHunt
I was watching this show, and they showed an xbox on top of a PS2 (crunch)
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:49 pm
by HuBBsDoctor
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>However, the XBox doesn't even come near the large amount of quality games the Dreamcast has.<br>Dreamcast did have Windows CE, but only games ported from the PC used it. Most games didn't use it at all.<br></blockquote><p>The number of quality games the Xbox just the past year has had more quality titles than I during the dreamcast an N64 era's combined. And to date he Xbox's entire library is full of em. Out of the near 500 titles I would say more than half are top notch games.
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:52 pm
by Arkhan
Yeah the S controller is a hybrid lookin' deal...the original, mongoloid controller...well they must have seen that playing w/ abasketball sized controller ...sucks<p>There are good games on Xbox, but Dreamcast had...lots of exclusive sweetness going on.........Xbox sitll takes the cake w/ Steel Battalion.<p>Nothin beats Ecco though....such sweetness.....Xbox needs more RPGs though........I like MechAssault, DOA, and Bards Tale....but....we need something turn based!..
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:31 pm
by Benoit
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by HuBBsDoctor</i><p>The number of quality games the Xbox just the past year has had more quality titles than I during the dreamcast an N64 era's combined. And to date he Xbox's entire library is full of em. Out of the near 500 titles I would say more than half are top notch games.<br></blockquote><br>You do realize that combining the Dreamcast era with the N64 era is rather pointless, no? The N64 didn't have that many quality titles.<p>XBox lacks a lot of exclusive titles. Many have a PC equivalent, or are ports from PS2 versions. Serious lack of RPGs also.<p>The only thing XBox has going for it qua games is Halo...
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:37 am
by Arkhan
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by HuBBsDoctor</i><p>The number of quality games the Xbox just the past year has had more quality titles than I during the dreamcast an N64 era's combined. And to date he Xbox's entire library is full of em. Out of the near 500 titles I would say more than half are top notch games.<br></blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>You do realize that combining the Dreamcast era with the N64 era is rather pointless, no? The N64 didn't have that many quality titles.<p>XBox lacks a lot of exclusive titles. Many have a PC equivalent, or are ports from PS2 versions. Serious lack of RPGs also.<p>The only thing XBox has going for it qua games is Halo...<br></blockquote><p>Benoit...what games have you played for Xbox ....Xbox has the das uber exclusive title: Steel Battalion, and its online release as well...the first system to have online gaming w/ a controller that immense.<p>You also left out MechAssault 1 and 2, Morrowind, Bards Tale, the new dead or alive games....don't be a halo voidoid.<p>N64 had some good titles too....but no, not many of them.
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 pm
by Benoit
The Dead or Alive games are just games for perverts. Nothing new, either.<p>So XBox has some nice shooters... Where are the other genres, eh?<br>Steel Battalion might be nice...<p>Morrowind was also released on PC. And from what I hear, it was just a nice experiment.
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:20 pm
by Gipper
Forget Xbox...I'm a Gamecube man. Xbox has a bunch of shooters, GC has so many different types of games: Metroid Prime (and MP2:E), Legend of Zelda (the new one, I don't count that abomination that was Windwaker as a game), FF (can't believe I said that!) among others. Plus, the GC has the easiest controller to use, IMO. Xbox has too many buttons to be used easily, while GC has a perfect set-up where any button can be reached with a move of the thumb rather than moving the controller.
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:37 pm
by WolfHunt
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Arkhan</i><p>Yeah the S controller is a hybrid lookin' deal...the original, mongoloid controller...well they must have seen that playing w/ abasketball sized controller ...sucks<p>There are good games on Xbox, but Dreamcast had...lots of exclusive sweetness going on.........Xbox sitll takes the cake w/ Steel Battalion.<p>Nothin beats Ecco though....such sweetness.....Xbox needs more RPGs though........I like MechAssault, DOA, and Bards Tale....but....we need something turn based!..<br></blockquote><br>don't forget crimson skies!
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:01 pm
by Arkhan
<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>The Dead or Alive games are just games for perverts. Nothing new, either.<p>So XBox has some nice shooters... Where are the other genres, eh?<br>Steel Battalion might be nice...<p>Morrowind was also released on PC. And from what I hear, it was just a nice experiment.<br></blockquote><p>Benoit youre too opinionated. WAY too opinionated.<p>Xbox has plenty of other good genres. Its the best system to own if you like Mech sort of games. <p>Also, it appears that youve never played Morrowind, so don't throw out an ignorant opinion on it. Just because a game came out on PC doesnt mean it immediatley isn't a good game or w/e youre getting at. Skies of Arcadia isn't Gamecube exclusive, does that mean gamecubes a p.o.s? No....<p>You should become a little more informed on what youre talking about instead of just throwing out biased opinions...
Dreamcast =.....Xbox?

Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:04 pm
by Benoit
<blockquote>Xbox has plenty of other good genres. Its the best system to own if you like Mech sort of games.</blockquote><br>You contradict yourself in the same paragraph...<br> <blockquote>Also, it appears that youve never played Morrowind, so don't throw out an ignorant opinion on it.</blockquote><br>I haven't, but I'm sure Khyron would love to present his opinion on Morrowind. It's not pretty...<br><blockquote>Just because a game came out on PC doesnt mean it immediatley isn't a good game or w/e youre getting at.</blockquote><br>That's not what I meant. What I meant is that it's not an exclusive, so not a reason to won an XBox for.<br><blockquote>Skies of Arcadia isn't Gamecube exclusive</blockquote><br>Skies of Arcadia isn't GameCube exclusive, indeed, but it has many added features and content, only on GameCube. Too bad that it stripped down the music quality in some areas...