Page 1 of 1
Your life soundtrack...

Posted:
Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:36 am
by LaconianShot
I found this while browsing livejournal, and instead of posting it there, I think it would be cool if everybody could participate. In the spirit of this board, I think videogame music is appropriate for this as well, in case anybody was wondering.
Basically, choose songs to represent your life--if it were a soundtrack--and post it. Here's the form (with my answers):
Opening Credits: Phantasy Star II opening theme
Waking Up: Surrounded - Dream Theater
Childhood / School: Schooldays - Gentle Giant
Falling In Love: You're Everything - Chick Corea and Return to Forever
Life is Good: Told You So - Count Basie Orchestra (composer: Bill Holman)
Fight Song: You Suck - Strapping Young Lad
Breaking Up: Love? - Strapping Young Lad
Mental Breakdown: Inertiatic ESP - The Mars Volta
Chase Scene: Paradigm Shift - Liquid Tension Experiment
Flashback: Knots - Gentle Giant
Getting Back Together: All of the Above - Transatlantic
Sex Scene: Blood Sugar Sex Magic - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Paying the Dues: Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
The Night Before The War: Man Erg - Van Der Graaf Generator
Final Battle: Blackwater Park - Opeth
Moment of Triumph: Lux Arumque - Eric Whitacre (composer)
Death Scene: Starless - King Crimson
Funeral Song: Intervention - The Arcade Fire
End Credits: Echoes - Pink Floyd
That's my track list, now your turn! Go go go!

Posted:
Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:27 am
by Neo48
Very nice soundtrack. I will have to wait until I go back to school, I don't want to overlook any music that is on my computer there.

Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:20 am
by dragonlord
very thorough there...and i like your choices
Re: Your life soundtrack...

Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:40 pm
by Dorrinal
LaconianShot wrote:End Credits: Echoes - Pink Floyd
Excellent choice.

Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 pm
by Lord Khyron
Hmm.. neglecting the 80's and disco music there bub...

Posted:
Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:04 am
by Neo48
Judging by Laco's taste, I'm sure he does not think highly of disco...haha.

Posted:
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:01 pm
by LaconianShot
Eh, well disco can be kind of fun... it's not really thought provoking, but it can be fun, definitely. I don't know, generally it's not my bag, but sometimes I like it. I mean, I probably could've put some Earth Wind & Fire in for the love song or the life is good song.
I don't know, I really haven't heard much disco.
I also thought that the perfect fight song was You Suck by Strapping Young Lad. It's hard to find anything much more agressive than Strapping.
If anybody else does this, try to put some variety into your choices. I tried not to select from just one genre... I've got jazz, jazz fusion, progressive rock, progressive metal, extreme metal, alternative rock, indie rock, death metal, and a videogame song. That's quite a bit of variety. Even if your favourite genre is [X], try not to post just songs from [X].

Posted:
Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 am
by Mister Death
whoa, difficult one. i did this by choosing results at random on Shuffle once, it was highly amusing and utterly insulting. i ended up with the chocobo theme as my funeral march.
you'll notice that my entire soundtrack is game soundtracks, mostly Act Raiser.
Opening Credits: parallel 3 ending, Dark Savior
Waking Up: Morning Sunlight, Chrono Trigger
Childhood / School: Winters, Earthbound
Falling In Love: Filmoa, Act Raiser
Life is Good: Morning Crow, YS
Fight Song: the song when you battle fiends in ShinMegamiTensei Nocturne, which I forget the name of
Breaking Up: Rust Colour, Star Ocean 3
Mental Breakdown: Sacrifice - Act raiser
Chase Scene: Cybernetic Carnival - Phantasy Star 4
Flashback: Silver Ring, Dark Savior
Getting Back Together: Crateria Overworld Theme, Super Metroid
Sex Scene: Birth of the People - Act Raiser
Paying the Dues: Sacrifice - Act Raiser
The Night Before The War: Jungle Combat - DnD Warriors of the Eternal Sun
Final Battle: Influence of Truth Appearance, Star Ocean 3
Moment of Triumph: Shining Force 3 - A Light To Lead The Way
Death Scene: Shining Force - Game Over
Funeral Song: Verla, Landstalker
End Credits: Never Dream, Phantasy Star 2

Posted:
Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:31 pm
by Ratix240sx
Opening Theme: Zombie Eaters- Faith No More
Waking Up: Mccormick- Alex De Grassi
Childhood/school: Welcome to the Jungle- Guns N Roses
Falling In Love: Can You Feel The Love Tonight- Elton John
Life is Good: Beverly Hills Cop Theme
Fight Song: The Trooper- Iron Maiden
Breaking Up: Love is only a Feeling- The Darkness
Mental Breakdown: Basket Case- Green Day
Chase scene: A Favor House Atlantic- Coheed & Cambria
Flashback: Classical Gas- Mason Williams
Getting Back Together- Don't Stop the Rock- The Frestylers
Sex scene: Nautilus- Bob James
Paying the Dues: Power Slave- Iron Maiden
Night before the War: Wheel in the Sky- Journey
Final Battle: Operation Ground and Pound- Dragon Force
Moment of Triumph: A Farwell to Kings- Rush
Death Scene: Hallowed Be Thy Name- Iron Maiden
Funeral Song: The End Complete- Coheed and Cambria
End Credits: Anagram (for Mongo)- Rush

Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 pm
by Danny
Der Langrisser - Leon's theme song
Chrono Trigger - Crono's theme song
Phantasy Star IV - Ladea Tower
Tales of Phantasia - Fighting spirit
Seiken Densetsu III - Hawkeye's/Navarre theme song
Secret of Mana - Dark Lich BGM
Soul Blazer - Koibito no inaiyoru
Dragon Ball - Makafushigi adventure - First opening theme song
Dragon Ball Z - Cha-la-head-cha-la - First opening theme song
Gundam Wing - Just communication - Fist opening theme song
Gundam Seed - Invoke - First opening theme song
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hohoemi no Bakudan - First opening theme song
Flame of Recca - Nanka Shiawase - First opening theme song
Full Metal Alchemist - UNDO - Third opening theme song
Saint Seiya - Pegasus Fantasy - First opening theme song
That's all I could think of now from the top of my head. To keep the list short, I only put down my favorite song from each game and anime.

Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 pm
by Neo48
Opening Theme ---> Angels and Airwaves - The Adventure Final
Waking Up ---> The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
Childhood / School ---> Modest Mouse - Dashboard
Falling in Love ---> Coldplay - Green Eyes
Life is Good ---> Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra - Go! Mario Go!
Fight Song ---> DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo - B. Side Wins Again
Breaking Up ---> Blue October - Hate Me
Mental Breakdown ---> Pink Floyd - Bike
Chase Scene ---> Styles of Beyond - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)
Flashback ---> The Who - Who are You
Getting Back Together ---> Weezer - Perfect Situation
Sex Scene ---> The Tea Party - Temptation
Paying the Dues ---> Soundgarden - The Day I Tried to Live
The Night Before the War ---> Crystal Method - Get Busy Child
Final Battle ---> Dream Theater - Glass Prison
Moment of Triumph ---> Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen
Funeral Song ---> Nightwish - Forever Yours
End Credits ---> Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You
There, finally got something figured out. Of course, I could probably make this list with a different song in each spot. But I like how this one seems to work out. I stayed away from video game music, although a couple songs can be found in Need for Speed games.

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:29 am
by LaconianShot
Hahaha! Bike as a mental breakdown song! That's perfect. I also like that you used Glass Prison as a final battle song.
As for putting a different song in every position, maybe I'll change it up a little once more people start playing. You know, create different scenarios or something.
Here we go..

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:14 am
by Lord Khyron
When going out - Ein Fahrender Ritter (Knights Errant) - Langrisser 2 / Der Langrisser (Though l2 version is superior
When in a Bind - Soldat (Soldier) - Langrisser 2 / Der Langrisser (Sometimes called "Soldat" as the name)
When trapped - Nei Kapitulation (No Surrender) - Langrisser 2 / Der Langrisser
When feeling evily mischevious - Grahf, Emperor of Darkness - Xenogears
When waiting for a fight - Imelda - Langrisser 2 / Der Langrisser (I love the "Come come Come on!")
When plotting - Leftovers of the Dreams of the Strong - Xenogears
When fighting for truth and justice - War comrades - Disgaea (Defenders of the Earth unite!)
Going to party - YMCA - Village people
If I had a giant robot - Ima Ga Sono Toki da! - Shin Getter Robo (Getter Robo Armageddon)
When sleeping - Yume no Shima Shinen Kouen - Paranoia Agent opening (Wee.. My dreams be fun!)
If I were a hero - White Tiger (axel The Dark Hero's theme)- Disgaea 2 (I've always wanted a giant robot/Sentai theme song! And Axel, the dark hero, just rocks!)
Mm.. A start for me..