Page 1 of 1

Tea for two...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 pm
by skymandr
...and two for tea. Two very specific gentlemen in fact.

Now that you've prepared your toast [1] you will naturally want a nice cup of tea with that.
Now the question is, do you put the milk into the cup before or after the tea?

This, I have been told, is the topic of much heated debate. The question has turned neighbours on one-another. Brother against brother, and so on. The usual story.

Much to my dismay, not even my two literary heroes could agree. Douglas Adams claims that milk should naturally be added before pouring the tea into the cup, whereas George Orwell was quite adamant about adding the milk afterwards. [2]


------
[1]: With or without marmalade and/or cheese.
[2]: They did, however, agree on other important points, such as the importance of pre-heating the pot, and of using boiling (as opposed to boiled) water.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:28 pm
by skymandr
I usually pour my milk in first, but sometimes I do it the other way around, simply because that looks nicer...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:42 pm
by Werefox
I put a few drops of lemon juice in my tea. Solves the problem of milk first or tea first, because putting lemon and milk in the tea is not a very good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:05 pm
by Eminems
Ew... *imagines lumpy tea*

Anyways. I'd add the coffee first, then get rid of the tea. I don't really drink tea so I don't have a preference. But if I did, hypothetically, I'd vote for milk last.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 am
by Del_Ian
Putting ANYTHING in tea is heresy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 pm
by thriwren
Milk and tea? And Some people think I am a bit odd.

http://insanetacoplan.net/images/122645.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:32 pm
by Abominae
You are... it's official now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:24 pm
by Dr_Odin
here is one: do you por milk first in the cup, and then tea, or is it the other way around?

NOW THATS interesting. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm
by skymandr
Isn't that exactly what I'm asking? =)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:26 am
by Danny
I usally don't add milk to tea. I'm more of a cinnamon, lemon/grapfruit and brown sugar kind of guy. But when I do add milk, it's usally after the tea. I don't know if it's just me but it tastes better when the milk is poured after the tea when it's still hot. It's good while it's warm but starts to taste strange after it cools. The microwave only makes it taste worse.

I guess everything is best fresh. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:05 pm
by Neo48
I like my tea like I my women! Straight, hot, and smelling good!

Might have been a bad joke...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:55 pm
by Mono
Cinnamom, tea leaves/bag, water, honey (!) and cold milk. That´s what I call tea.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:15 pm
by IndispensablePeaGuy
Is it any wonder this community is 80% inactive because of these boring topics?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:49 pm
by thriwren
Peegai wrote:Is it any wonder this community is 80% inactive because of these boring topics?
Naw, I think that peoples lives get in the way.