Page 1 of 5

MMORPGs?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 pm
by Seizaku
So, yeah... I want to know if anyone here plays anything else aside from PSO/PSU.

I've been quite away from MMORPGs for one years since I was working on my college admission, before that I had three years of Ragnarok Online, I loved going to War of Emperium and fighting rival guilds, but then my server died and I couldn't find a new server.

Now I'm looking for a new game to play, I've been more-or-less playing 9dragons (because I'm more or less just playing around) and have started with Holic Online, but I'm just trying it. I would go WoW or PSU but if I'm short on money.

So anyone here play any MMORPG?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:45 pm
by Eminems
I've played Holic, it's cutesy but it's pretty good. I've been playing Flyff for a while, and I played Archlord for a bit but my laptop didn't like it. My laptop doesn't like a lot of things, currently it's freaking out because I have firefox, googletalk and msn messenger running... I think it's dying. And my desktop is great for games, but it hates the wireless network adapter and won't stay connected for longer than half an hour at a time so playing an online game gets rather frustrating when you periodically get disconnected.

But yeah, those three: I do like Flyff cause the flying thing is fun but they keep changing things and I show up and freak out cause I don't know what drops are worth picking up now...

Archlord is good if you like lots of quests, because there's at least two/three for every level, at least as far as I got which was about level 13 if I remember.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 pm
by Surei Uorushu
Mabinogi(Currently a beta so not everything is complete and parts are glitchy) & FFXI over here~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:54 pm
by thriwren
The only other MMORPG I have played is Ultima Online and Wow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:26 am
by Neo48
Personaly, since Diablo 2, I have only done trials of MMORPGS and have not gone farther than that. The best I played was City of Villians. The same developers are in production of a new Hero game, so I would say that if you are willing to wait, go with that.

This is an opinion, if anyway flames, you are making a fool of yourself :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:40 pm
by Seizaku
I'm gonna stick with Holic by now, its a 'cute' game but I'm enjoying it a lot xD the amount of quests in early levels is nice, it helps a lot to level. And the community is so friendly.

I've tried Flyff but somewhat I got tired of it really quickly, maybe because a lot of people I knew in a community I joined told me the game was good until v.7 but now it was horrible... then I lost the will to play it, I was not stimulated to keep playing that.

I'm also waiting for Perfect World, a friend is playing on the Malayan server and says its the best game he played lately.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:49 pm
by Eminems
I've tried Flyff but somewhat I got tired of it really quickly, maybe because a lot of people I knew in a community I joined told me the game was good until v.7 but now it was horrible... then I lost the will to play it, I was not stimulated to keep playing that.


When I started playing Flyff, it was v.7 and that was about eight months ago. Now they're talking about v.11, but I think the new changes are one of the reasons I don't tend to play it any more. I have heard that v.6 was much better, and for some reason they are not bothering to add anything much in terms of content, instead focussing on the look of the game, randomly changing items and drops and PK system which changes all the time.

I like Holic. I should really start playing that again once I get my computer fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:18 am
by Lord Khyron
Eng.pristontale.com is still good after 5 years.. Priston Tale rocks!

You can also try Conquer Online..

RF Online as well for the PSO meets MMORPG concept.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:31 am
by Surei Uorushu
Currently playing RF Online because my friend kept bragging to me about how great it is.

Apparently I joined the weakest faction. ._.;

Looks good so far I'm level 11 only though 19 more till I can get a job change!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:12 pm
by Seizaku
Lord Khyron wrote:Eng.pristontale.com is still good after 5 years.. Priston Tale rocks!

You can also try Conquer Online..

RF Online as well for the PSO meets MMORPG concept.

I've tried priston tale but Holic is far better xD I've looking at RF online, I guess I'll try it one day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:40 pm
by The HuBBs
rapplez, shaiya, cabal online and last chaos.

I'd still be playing shadowbane had they not deleted my character.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:39 am
by janejana
i don't play other MMO-type games other than PSU xD

mostly because it seems like most MMOs are fantasy-based, and i'm more interested in sci-fi.

i have friends who have suggested both guild wars (because well, they all play it xD ) and RF online, which actually looks pretty cool...so i may try that eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:00 pm
by Abominae
My first taste of a MMORPG was Everquest. As mundane as it was, it was a great game for it's time. Now, it's features are painfully obsolete. For now, I plan on sticking with PSO and perhaps PSU, tho I will probably get back into World of Warcraft. I had a lvl 50 Forsaken Firemage there who kicked quite a lot of ass. During my peak time play with him (lvls 24-29), he even had people talking s*** about him on the alliance servers, and he wasn't even twinked. He wears the same name that I use for this site and is the oldest toon to have the name.

Abominae: 50 Firemage - Herbalism/Alchemy

Abo + Alliance toon = dinner in two minutes (a.k.a. - Cannibalism)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:36 pm
by The HuBBs
PSU is NOT an MMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:57 pm
by Seizaku
The HuBBs wrote:PSU is NOT an MMO.

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

If it has services in 3 continents (europe, america and asia), is played by many people at the same time and together (parties, lobbys) and is online, it IS a MMO.