What games are you playing at the moment?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:57 pm

carlsojos wrote:Nei seems to have a very nice bottom, when I watch her fighting. (Yes, I am perverse like that.)

Hell has a little place for you... Hey! We might be neighbors one day! =P

Going back to the topic, I started replaying Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I've been wanting to play a Metal Gear, but I rarely have time to play with the PS3, PS2 or Game Cube. So, I started playing one of the four (3 that I have) on the PSP. Nice change after so much Valkyria 3 and Macross. Since I can have the memory stick space, I can freely install the game, since without an installation, it won't even let me past the title screen.

I missed sniping soldiers with a tranquilizer rifle.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Neo48 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 am

I bought Pokemon Black on Sunday. Damn this game is addicting.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 pm

I got the last pair of S Ranks in Sonic Rush Adventure today. Woohoo! Sky Babylon act 2 and Deep Core were tricky, but I nailed them after enough practice. I've now totally cleared the game.

This means I'm going to start playing another game tomorrow. I think I'm going to start Lunar Knights.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 am

Went back to Valkyria 3. The game gets harder and harder. I was told there are roughly 20 chapters and I'm at the 19th. The plot tickens!
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby carlsojos » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:39 am

Just reached the first town after Darum in PSG2, so I pulled out Fusion and started PSII, so I can catch up on the plot I've been playing through. So far, the newer game feels a little easier than the original, but I've only learned the Japanese equivalent of "Yes" and "No", which continues to hinder me.

I found out that it's a good idea to use Save State before using a new technique; I saw Nei had learned a technique that uses 1 TP with a description that contains "HP", so I tried using it to patch up Rolf a little (who was at about 50 out of 100 HP), and was displeased to see her immediately die in response. Apparently, I discovered Sak. :(
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:34 pm

I've started to play Dungeon Maker (DS, known as Master of the Monster Lair in the US) today. The game is simplistic, and honestly kind of boring. All you can do to make a dungeon is dig into walls to free squares, and place furniture into them to make a room that will attract monsters. Then you have to kill them in traditional turn-based combat.

The latter wouldn't be so bad, but combat is a bit too slow for my tastes, and the music gets on my nerves quickly.

It's a bit better since getting a new party members with its own quirks and a bigger dungeon floor, but it still leaves something to be desired in complexity. Or even motivation, for that matter, as the game has no plot or interesting characters to speak of.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 am

Been playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity since my cousin isn't going back to Japan just yet (his company tied him down because they're still afraid of the radioactive leaks, despite being all down there in Osaka).

Much, much better than I expected. The new story is quite nice and I'm seeing what the ties are with Phantasy Star Online now...If only these guys would tie new games with the classic series...

UPDATE:

I played Bayonetta for a while... I finished it and... I'm done with it... It's the type of game I usually like, but there is SOMETHING that I just can't like that ends up making me annoyed when playing it. The problem is... I don't know WHAT it is... What I DO know, is that it isn't present in the other action games I have.

I gave it to a friend of mine...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:55 am

I updated the firmware on my PSP and managed to install Valkyria 3 and Macross Triangle Frontier. Macross runs very nice now, but I didn't really have much of a problem when playing it. Valkyria 3 is now enjoying from a HUGE boost. It now runs almost as fast as when running an ISO, only now I can use the disc. I'm keeping this format. I much prefer to use the original media instead of a gray-area measure like an ISO. The image goes bye-bye.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Semix » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:44 am

Debating with myself weather I should go for the assassins creed brotherhood platinum..
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 pm

NAEV NAEV NAEV!
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Semix wrote:Debating with myself weather I should go for the assassins creed brotherhood platinum..

You should get your ass to the nearest videogame store and buy Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It's not that expensive and we could play coop, maybe even with PeaGuy. Besides, you like shooting things, don't you?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Been on a Castlevania: Symphony of the Night after sticking it into my PSP. When I want to play it on the PS3, I usually get distracted by other games. It's a very good game. I love the walking around, getting items and bashing monsters. The voice acting is also awful, which somehow adds to the charm.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby carlsojos » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Happy Easter, Ya'll!
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Semix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

For my birthday got Killzone 3 and uncharted 2:among thieves. Keep in mind I already borrowed uncharted 2 before to finish it on easy.
Both games are great, uncharted is just amazing, it's so cinematic, but still has good gameplay.
While killzone 3 is a great improvement sofar over kz2, this one has much better pacing and mission variety, more interesting locations and move compatibility that actually works :D
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby The HuBBs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:04 am

MK9 and WWE Allstars are my latest additions. Still playing some two worlds 2 and pier solar here and there.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion