Homophobia

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Edge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 am

Oh boy!! Fun, fun, fun (sarcasm)!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go...

Yes, you're describing the issue in a VERY abridged manner... Perhaps too much...

Whaa, whaa...

HERE is where I have an issue with you, Edge. Yes, Aceina went over to the "Reaction To Something Homophobic Land" way too quickly, just as you are rashly going into establishing a judgement of her, and just as Meteor classified you incorrectly as a retard because of your misinformed comment regarding the situation of homosexuals in the US. You can't effectively classify ANYONE as a stupid person just based on typing. It's not fair and it tends to fail more often than not.

Actually... I can judge someone's stupidity by any means I choose to do so... Now, you can say otherwise, but it really doesn't do any good, because technically, I can do whatever the hell I damn well please... I may get banned, or kicked off the board, if I break the rules often, or take something too far, but none the less, if I think someone is stupid, that's my opinion, and you can either accept it or not.

NO, I don't feel I'm being rash... I really don't... I mean, maybe there are people in the US who are homophobic... I'm sure people all over the world are, but it's just as closed minded bs as racism is... It's an exploit of one's own stupidity... I don't ever really face homophobic people, and it's odd because I've been all around the US... I guess if you actually ARE gay you come by a lot more than I do... But honestly, if you're not looking for it, you normally don't find it... At least that is how it has been in my personal experiences in life... We all live in different worlds... Mine the whole gay or not gay thing has never been a big deal... I've never had one of my gay friends be bashed, and I personally have never bashed a homosexual myself... However, about this whole spelling situation, (*Judgment, btw :P) I don't recall any misspells... I use Firefox which like, checks all the spelling for you, but I agree... NO ONE should be worried about their spelling while online, it's just... I mean, that's kind of over excessive over there at the start. One of my best buddies online is Swedish, and you'd assume he was a retard when he types, but that's only because he's speaking a second language, and is actually extremely intelligent... I'm NOT closed minded... I just don't like the person for starting a huge lesbian/homosexual thing from absolutely nothing, and I have every right to feel this way. If you don't like it, or don't like me, tough titty, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I can care less, I'm just sharing my opinions on a board I found to be AMAZING at first, thinking it's a nice place for Phantasy Star fans to come together, however, if simple things are going to become huge sexual preference wars, shit, this isn't the ONLY board online for PS fans... I just chose this one cause I liked what I saw when looking things up. Didn't know it was all like this...

How do I know? I have a cousin that is an excellent matematician, only she types like shit... She's lazy! Now, why does Aceina type like that? I dunno! I don't care!

Sure seem to be backing her up awfully hard for someone who doesn't care... I don't believe you. You don't care I don't believe you, that's okay.

I have some more examples of people who type horribly on the net because nobody is regulating them, but I won't diverge into that any longer. It's not relevant.

Good for you!! I'm proud... I'ma get you a cookie! You deserve one!

Bottomline is, Don't be so quick to judge. It tends to fail, just as much as the Xbox 360 got the Red Ring of Death in its first two years.

I'm not really judging based off the typing, that was more of a joke to use towards my point... I judged based off a huge lesbian thing being spurred from a difficulty discussion... If you don't see how I found that extremely messed up, AND stupid on her part... I really dunno what to say... Your own thing to deal with, I guess. Maybe if I had breast or something, you'd see my side a little clearer... Who knows.

And now that we're arguing about typing... Have you noticed that in a rush, you tend to spell wrongly as well?

Wow, that's beyond stupid, considering my browser does a spell check FOR ME... There's no excuse!! O NOEZ! lol

Just as I tend to do the same? Especially when I don't doubly check what I'm about to post?

Yeah I don't really be doubly checking my stuff either... heh...

Hello, I'm 29. We're not that different...

Now then... I agree with you that many times, gay men, lesbians and bisexuals have a tendency to go ballistic when the matter of their sexual preferences is brought onto the table in an insensitive manner, for example a joke or an anecdote... But I can understand to a certain extent that some of them are on a permanently defensive stance. After all, who have discriminated against them? Why, heterosexuals, of course! Who deny them the right to be happy and have the same right of getting married, with all the legal perks it comes with? Again, heterosexuals... I'm going to sound TERRIBLY TRITE here, so bear with it, Edge... After all, I'm posting this for you to read.

We, as non homophobic heterosexuals (at the very least I identify you as one), have the responsibility to stand the hell up and either get on the same bandwagon as them for equal rights, or shut our mouths up and not interfere if we can't help properly.

I assure you, we are VERY different... Our age does appear to be rather close though, sure... The thing is, random person I dunno, is that, I don't feel I need to join anyone's band wagon... Why does everyone have to fall into ONE category, or always be followers... How about people just be themselves, and stand up for their OWN thoughts, and not follow someone else, or join their "band wagons"? That's like, the one thing my girl loves about me, is how blunt I am, and how I don't fake to do something, to join into any one group... I'm like... A nerd, gangster, football jock, anime freak, rpg lover... Seriously... I DO NOT join any one band wagon, or any one group of any sort what so ever... I'ma just stick to my own stuff... I'M NOT BASHING GAYS, I'M NOT SUPPORTING THEM EITHER, cause in MY MIND, they're no different than us. To me, anything else, is homophobic... Honestly.

Sorry, Edge, but that is not true. There's a good deal of people who at the split second of reading someone's post about their sexual preference not being of the Heterosexual variety, will go batshit insane, calling someone something displeasing...

And I'll put a REAL example here.

Baaaaack on the days of the Phantasy Star Discussion Board, during its times of decay, there was this mystical dude by the initials of JWL, who at the second of reading of a fellow PSDBer coming out of the closet, admitting and accepting her Bisexuality, called her "mentally ill". Needless to say, this lady was quite hurt. "That was uncalled for" were the first things she posted.

I'm not saying anyone who disagrees with the way another person lives should have his or her freedom of speech cancelled on the spot, but if that person is going to open a mouth, said person should think of the RIGHT of the other one to be respected.

Well grab me a cross, and burn it in my front yard, slap my ass, and call me Kerry Karl Klaus... Look, I dunno about the other people who have problems, but honestly, has there been ANY gay bashing what so ever in this topic or forum? The only problems people have had are about homophobia, and clearly, there is no homophobes on this board, and if there are, they're keeping their lips sealed real tight about it... So why the big deal? Why the big mess? Think into that for a second... Seriously...

Now, on my conclusion, I may say some rude things... Honestly, I don't have a single problem with you, you're standing up giving your own opinions, and your own beliefs, and we all share different opinions, and I can only respect someone who is willing to speak up, and say what's on their mind. I can say I respect you... I can't say I agree with everything you said as well, as you had mentioned to me... All I am trying to say is, the whole thing is pointless, and we both tend to go on rants over stuff we feel is completely irrelevant... I guess that's just us... The simple fact of the matter is though, we have ourselves, a huge argument, about homophobia... Amongst NO ONE who is homophobic... THINK ABOUT IT!

Edit: I misspelled a word, ROFL, and in this situation, yeah... Can't be doing that, next post maybe...
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:59 am

"Good for you!! I'm proud... I'ma get you a cookie! You deserve one! "

Ya know... I really hate it when people use lines like that. It means two things. One I don't care about, and another I do.

1.- The person who said it seems to not give a damn. This I don't mind.

2.- The person who said this seems to act condescending to me in a rude way. This does annoy me. But whatever. Think and do whatever you like. You seem to live in a lucky world (different worlds, your words, remember?). So good luck in being you.

The only thing that annoys me about ALL of this is that you didn't have the slight intention to see things in a way that is not your own. You chose to stay there on the same place, without trying to see things the way someone else does. Fine.

And regarding my misspelling of the word Judgment (I looked it up, and yes, it's not written like that), guess what? English is not my main language. It's Spanish... I tend to make mistakes like that.

Sorpresa. ¿Te resulta extraño? Tal vez no, pero no es asunto mío.

So I'm going to sleep. Got a long day ahead of me... And it's going to be annoying as freaking hell...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby meteor9 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 am

Edge, if you REALLY felt that homosexuals were just the same as everyone else then you probably would be more worked up about them being denied the same rights and facing constant prejudice of all degrees. Saying you don't want to help them with a problem that they ARE facing because you feel they're equal is rather silly.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 pm

1.- The person who said it seems to not give a damn. This I don't mind.

It's not that I don't give a damn, more so that you gave too much of a damn to respond to something that you say is not "relevant".

2.- The person who said this seems to act condescending to me in a rude way. This does annoy me. But whatever. Think and do whatever you like. You seem to live in a lucky world (different worlds, your words, remember?). So good luck in being you.

Right! You get an E on your report card for that one. I was condescending to you, as I am continuing to do so now, due to the fact that:

A) It's annoying to you, and
B) You tend to contradict yourself so much. IE... You= "Ya know... I really hate it when people use lines like that. It means two things. One I don't care about, and another I do".

1.-" The person who said it seems to not give a damn. This I don't mind". Clearly you do mind, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to mention it, yet, you continue to mimic my not giving a damn, and thereby contradicting yourself by telling me that I can think and do whatever I'd like and saying that YOU don't care.

The only thing that annoys me about ALL of this is that you didn't have the slight intention to see things in a way that is not your own. You chose to stay there on the same place, without trying to see things the way someone else does. Fine.

There's a difference between being able to step outside of the box and view another persons beliefs/opinions and conforming to said opinions. Excuse me for not contorting myself and my beliefs in order to provide you with the comfort you and those whom would agree with you are in such dire need for. Like I said before (and you were so gracious to remind me of this) I don't flock to groups, classifications or agree to what's most popular. I will continue to stay in my world and look over at yours, lay back, smile, sip on a Corona with a slice of lime and think.... What a wonderful world I live in where I can be myself and be entitled to my own opinions without fear of being unorthodox in order to give comfort to you, and those likes you, despite the fact that i oppose certain thoughts or lifestyles.

And regarding my misspelling of the word Judgment (I looked it up, and yes, it's not written like that), guess what? English is not my main language. It's Spanish... I tend to make mistakes like that.

Sorpresa. ¿Te resulta extraño? Tal vez no, pero no es asunto mío.

As I stated before, I have a friend who is Swedish and makes such mistakes. We all make mistakes, as we are all human... We all have opinions, as we are all individuals (at least we are supposed to be) and we are human. So therefore, I don't find it strange.

Sorprenda, ¿te parece extraño que soy capaz de comprender lo que estás diciendo?

Good luck on your long day... Those can be hell.

TO METEOR!!

Edge, if you REALLY felt that homosexuals were just the same as everyone else then you probably would be more worked up about them being denied the same rights and facing constant prejudice of all degrees. Saying you don't want to help them with a problem that they ARE facing because you feel they're equal is rather silly.

Okay... Let me explain this to you since it's hard for you to grasp this simple concept of independence... I am a white male, with a black girlfriend (Jamaican to be exact). In YOUR world, this may seem normal, or irrelevant... IN MY world, it seemed so too... Until we got together. Me and my girl are CONSTANTLY faced with racism, and closed minded people who are not tolerant of the fact a white man can date a beautiful black woman... And I'm no looker (although she says I am).

In my world, simply going out to eat is a HUGE problem, and something that before leaving we both have the worry of a closed minded waiter, or a closed minded customer who may be near us, and have something to say about interracial relationships. However, I have been here for a bit now, and in 62 posts, NOT ONCE had I EVER mentioned this... Are you helping me with my plight? Why can't you be independent and others relating to you handle YOUR problems? Why do you need people who are not involved to come and help you with something?

Nobody is helping me, and I don't expect anyone to... We ALL have our own problems, and we ALL deal with OUR OWN PROBLEMS ourselves... Needing someone outside of your community to come and hold your hand and help you cross the street seems very reliant to me, and if someone tried to do that for me, I would honestly find it INSULTING... Are you implying you can't handle your problems yourself? Are you one of those people who calls her mommy or her daddy every single time you're in a bind? Can you not think for YOURSELF, and fight for what YOU think is right without having to go and get a "gang" to come and help you? Look at me, I got a group of people disagreeing with me, and here I am STANDING my ground, not changing my opinions and still talking to you all, with my OWN beliefs.

A leader can still be a leader without any followers but, a follower will always need a leader for them to follow.

Do you follow what I'm saying?

quick edit: Had to add those last 2 lines.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Before I say this, I want to mention, I came here for Phantasy Star discussion. I'm done with this topic... I may come back and read what you have to say but I will not post another post in this topic.

At this point I've came to the conclusion that a wise man doesn't argue with fools. The intelligent and philosophical aren't exactly the mass, quite the opposite. So either way you put it, I'm fighting a losing battle that wasn't even intended to be a battle in the first place. There's a great number of homosexuals who apply to be granted asylum by the U.S, every year. They move from their home countries in order to escape from attacks, prejudice, etc, in relation to their sexual orientation... http://www.newsweek.com/id/224893 (fifth paragraph). Some of you who are quick to jump the gun on attacks in the U.S should visit Brazil or Jamaica and try that on for size. I believe in free will and freedom of expression, while I may not agree with another persons choice of religion, sexual preference, etc... I'm all for agreeing to disagree, due to the fact that they are entitled to their opinions and choice of lifestyle, as I am entitled to mine.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Edge wrote:
Okay... Let me explain this to you since it's hard for you to grasp this simple concept of independence... I am a white male, with a black girlfriend (Jamaican to be exact). In YOUR world, this may seem normal, or irrelevant... IN MY world, it seemed so too... Until we got together. Me and my girl are CONSTANTLY faced with racism, and closed minded people who are not tolerant of the fact a white man can date a beautiful black woman... And I'm no looker (although she says I am).

In my world, simply going out to eat is a HUGE problem, and something that before leaving we both have the worry of a closed minded waiter, or a closed minded customer who may be near us, and have something to say about interracial relationships. However, I have been here for a bit now, and in 62 posts, NOT ONCE had I EVER mentioned this... Are you helping me with my plight? Why can't you be independent and others relating to you handle YOUR problems? Why do you need people who are not involved to come and help you with something?

Nobody is helping me, and I don't expect anyone to... We ALL have our own problems, and we ALL deal with OUR OWN PROBLEMS ourselves... Needing someone outside of your community to come and hold your hand and help you cross the street seems very reliant to me, and if someone tried to do that for me, I would honestly find it INSULTING... Are you implying you can't handle your problems yourself? Are you one of those people who calls her mommy or her daddy every single time you're in a bind? Can you not think for YOURSELF, and fight for what YOU think is right without having to go and get a "gang" to come and help you? Look at me, I got a group of people disagreeing with me, and here I am STANDING my ground, not changing my opinions and still talking to you all, with my OWN beliefs.

A leader can still be a leader without any followers but, a follower will always need a leader for them to follow.

Oh, okay. You don't believe in supporting a cause because somehow homosexuals just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and just 'get over it'. And it's okay because MY GIRLFRIEND is black. Gotcha.

I'm sorry, dude, but you're using a whole lotta words to effectively say very little.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Oh, I'VE GOT TO reply to that one...

What you're trying to say is my plight means NOTHING to you, but yours' is supposed to mean something to me? How selfish can you get?

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH INTERRACIAL COUPLES!? HOW COME YOU'RE NOT JUMPING IN OFFERING TO HELP ME!? ARE YOU RACIST!? ARE YOU AGAINST A WHITE GUY HAVING A BLACK GIRL, AND IF YOU'RE NOT HOW COME YOU AREN'T HELPING ME WITH MY PROBLEM!?

or at least, that's what you'd say, if YOU were in MY shoes, right? lololol

Again, intelligence is NOT the mass here... LOL
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:20 pm

It didn't occur to me we were "fighting a battle" until you came with your somehow bruised ego and started acting like a condescending jerk.

Well, too bad, but I have no time nor the drive to pay any more attention to such a tantrum.

I tried to vent the steam out in a civil way. I obviously failed. Won't happen again.

Why did I do it? Hey, this is the only forum I feel comfortable in and where some discussions can take place in a relaxed manner that I have come across and don't feel like looking for another.

Long story short:

I tried to do the valve thing and let the pressure out in a controlled manner. I failed. End of story.

Okay, time for school.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Mono » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I feel inferior now, because seeing people like me having their rights denied for certain aspects that I happen to not share with them really makes me mad, either because of sexual orientation, physical/mental features or disablements, religious beliefs and practices or if they have choosen to not have one, social class, nationality, age, or even being former criminals or whatever who have paid their debt with society. Why? Why not?! Not caring about someone's peculiarities is very different from not caring about the problems they face because of these peculiarities.

My girlfriend is blackier than yours :^P
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Edge, you're entitled to your opinion, and your beliefs, but can you please express them without insulting other members?

Please try to understand other members' point of view without jumping at their throat. For instance, I think you're misunderstanding what meteor9 was trying to say.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 am

I'm just trying to get my point across, which seems to be totally missed... I gave up on it, I do see their point of view, I just don't agree... However, as I can see from Meteor's reply, my point of view is being completely ignored, so it's like I said, you can't argue with a closed minded person that is ONLY going to see their own views, and can NOT admit someone else may have a point...

I've already decided to stop on this, I just HAD TO reply to that one post, cause it's honestly insanely hypocritical... I'm done on this topic though, I promise ya... I'll tone it down a notch.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 am

You're right. Becuase I didn't kow-tow to your ridiculous "nobody helps me so fuck everyone else" standpoint, it clearly means that I don't support racial equality.

Face it, man. Your reasons for thinking homosexuals don't need support are ridiculous. And then going "WHAT ABOUT MEEEEE" and expressing how YOUR GIRLFRIEND kinda faces some pressure as if that somehow means that nobody is on the side of racial equality does NOT rectify it.

Frankly it's just a giant dodge that you're expecting us to fall for and it's not going to work.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby aceina » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:06 pm

i bet edge think martin luther king JR was just blowing off steam or something like that

edge the fact is gays lesbians bi's and transgenders have there own comunity often labled LGBT and alot of ppl in it are proud of who they are (like me) so we say as much
aceina
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:22 pm

When did I say otherwise to that? This is why I call you stupid, you just spurt off with the most random of randomness out of the cold blue...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Edge wrote:When did I say otherwise to that? This is why I call you stupid, you just spurt off with the most random of randomness out of the cold blue...

Edge, I just feel sorry that you can't show compassion to others. :(
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion