Page 1 of 2

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:57 pm
by Starlight
So, what YOUR favorite city?<p>I've been to Paris, and it was ok. I went there when the Tour De France was going on. Go Lance!!! The wine in France was spectacular, and I loved the Louve. <p>I have a special place in my heart for London, and I LOVE the English.<p>I have several favorite cities, Seattle being one of them. Seattle is home to some of the greatest rock bands, including Pearl Jam and Nirvana. I wonder why some people think Seattle is "fatland". Um, it's not. Cleveland, Ohio... is fatland.<p>Share yours!

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:33 pm
by Gipper
Favorite city? New York. Great baseball team (NYY), great museums (Metropolitan Museum of Art), active people, and a lot to do and see.

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:39 pm
by Malakai
Well, it depends which continent/country we're talking about.<p>For Europre, Firenze (Florence) is probably my favorite. Open, friendly people, fine food, rich in culture, and the most beautiful architechture I have seen to cover an entire city. The place just fits together perfectly.<p>For North America, I'd say either Seattle or San Diego. Clean, nice weather, nice people, and good standard of living.

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:48 pm
by Ein Tyrion
I like any city by the bay, nice serene place where my mind is most creative...Like the ocean is a gateway for leaving rational thought and spawning my greatest ideas

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 am
by Monocromatico
I never got to another country, but I have visited many places in my own. Besides Rio de Janeiro, two cities I have visited and I can recomend are João Pessoa and Belém.

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 am
by Lord Khyron
OMG.. She mentioned Seattle..<p>Here comes Benoit now with his Seattle belief..

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:56 am
by Starlight
Has Benoit actually been to Seattle?

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:24 am
by LaconianShot
While it's unfortunate that I haven't been outside of Canada, it's a large and vastly beautiful country, and I'm glad that I've seen much of it. A favorite city of mine, though not large, is Banff. It's nestled in an incredible scenic part of the mountains, where the whether is temperate, the restaurants are good, the shopping (fairly close to Calgary) is decent and the locals are friendly. A little expensive at times, but you can still find a cheap bite to eat and bask in the beauty of the mountains.<br>....<br>Wow, I should be a travel agent.

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:13 pm
by Tails99
I have never really visited Cities exactly, more so the specific things near them. I have been to Williamsburg, Virginia to go to Busch Gardens. Houston, Texas to visit my uncle and go to NASA. Also, we went to Galveston Island. People there for some weird reason, get away with stumbling drunk to the streets. Problem was that in Houston, everything is connected by a through-way and the speed limit is 70, so naturally, they went 85. I could hardly look out the window of the car because I thought I was constantly gonna die.<p>I have been to Boston, Massechusetts too. The ships were amazing.

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:28 pm
by Lassic's Chllun
Ah, I could live in Louisville forever. Wonderful people you meet, and everybody is willing to help a chap out. Also some wonderful weather.<p>Etided four spelchek<p>[size=small][Edit by Lassic's Chllun on [TIME]1114788509[/TIME]][/size]

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:30 pm
by Dorrinal Blackmantle
Salt Lake City has its charms, but I'm finding it difficult to decide between Boston and New York City!

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:16 pm
by KexMex
Karlstad. You sweet, wonderful sunshine, a light spot in the middle of the dark, wet Sweden. I love you, KAAAARLSTAAAAAD!!!!!

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:09 pm
by Saria
I completely agree! :P

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:03 pm
by Benoit
Actually, the Seattle comment in ThePeaGuy's footer is a mistake of mine. I was confusing Seattle with Houston.<p>Favorite city? My own.

Favorite city?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:02 pm
by Starlight
My absolute favorite city is my homeland, Portland, OR.