Not very new...

New here? Introduce yourself to the community!

Not very new...

Postby SkymanDr » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:56 am

...at least not to PS-message boards in the whole. I have been lurking the PSDB for all to many years, and I've been visiting here for quite some time.<p>Who am I? Amon other things: A physics student, a capoeirsta, a manga reader and a PS-phan. <p>i'm notorious for lurking so even if I don't say much don' let your guard down; I AM watching you! :D
SkymanDr

Not very new...

Postby Monocromatico » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:17 pm

A capoeirista? Where are you from?
Monocromatico

Not very new...

Postby SkymanDr » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:30 pm

Ah! So your from Brazil? A capoeirista yourself perhaps?<br>Nice to meet you!<p>I'm studying in Gothenburg, Sweden, and that is also where our Capoeira Academy is situated.
SkymanDr

Not very new...

Postby Monocromatico » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:57 pm

My sister was a capoeirista (and gymnast, and judo fighter, and swimmer, and etc.). I´m too heavy for those kind of things :^P<p>Although they say I have enough elasticity to be one :^P
Monocromatico

Not very new...

Postby Redeemer » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:22 am

While I am not an athlete, I am more of a weapons designer. Do not doubt me either. Know of anyone else at the age of 14 that can turn a simple BB rifle into something more lethal and more efficient than a .50 caliber rifle? or how bout the schematics to a working nuclear bomb and also know how to develop a crude, but working one? As for Physics I am already taking it in 9th grade, then again thats not saying much, considering this is in a public highschool. i believe ive seen you before. Welcome Back, and just to inform you if you know of Valis Warrior from the previous forum, I have undergone a name change(if you havent bother to read my thread but I believce you have) And just think all this blabbering is the work of fatigue %)
Redeemer

Not very new...

Postby SkymanDr » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:56 am

Monocromatico:<br>I'm not exactly a light guy either (my appelido is Buddha ;) ). I've seen all sizes! Its for anyone and everyone who is interested!<br> I used to do Judo too, but I quit soon after having started Capoeira.<p>Redeemer:<br>Hi! Yes I Remember you too, and no I don't know any other 14- ageers who can tell a BB gun from a .5 caliber (I can't :D ). I can't say I share your interest, though I ahve made a couple of cross bows in my days (Dear government inspector: They were all on power less than 10 pounds, I promise!). I also find the concept behind rail guns rather fascinating.<br>Nukes are in my oppinion weapons that should be abolished from the face of the Earth, before theay abolish the face of the Earth! Luckily, though the physics ar not that complex, making a working nuke is not an easy matter since comming by enough reactive medium to reach critical mass is in priciple impossible.<br>Still, they are not weapons to be taken lightly, people nowadays don't seem to realise their destructive power! When two countries start threatening each other with those weapons they seem to think they acctually have an edge, they don't realise that they are aiming as much at themselves as at their enemies. Especially frightening is when neighbouring countries, such as India and Pakistan, don't seem to realise this...<p>Gah, now I went all political. I didn't intend too, hope I didn't offend anyone!
SkymanDr

Not very new...

Postby Redeemer » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:31 pm

Oh I know many ways to make all sorts of weaponry. I know how to improvise greatly :D They drop thousands of bombs, we don surrender. We drop one, they drop to their knees and bow before thee lol
Redeemer

Not very new...

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:35 pm

Heh, cool. I did judo for 3 years when I was young, but I was too lazy, and afraid to hurt people while training, so I always lost :^P
Monocromatico

Not very new...

Postby Mizehrith » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:46 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>Heh, cool. I did judo for 3 years when I was young, but I was too lazy, and afraid to hurt people while training, so I always lost :^P <br></blockquote><br>Quite the coincidence! Only, it was more like three <i>weeks</i> in my regard. Some time after, I saw about four to five years of Shotokan, the last two years of which were more on and off, per se, and then I stopped going entirely as a result of a gradual decline in my academics. Some time in the near future, I'd like to start studying some form of Ninjutsu. In my current situation, however, it's not an option; I've not the money nor the motivation :(.
Mizehrith

Not very new...

Postby Monocromatico » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:28 am

I decided that brute force is more my style. I don´t have the "hand" to judo, capoeira, kendo, etc... I´m more a boxing guy. I practice boxing alone, without equipments, just improving my speed and my positioning. I also have two iron long (and heavy) swords, with which I like to play, though i don´t have enough room to do it as I would like to.
Monocromatico

Not very new...

Postby Redeemer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:14 am

I want to get a greatsword :) But of course money will have its way with me and not let me. So in that case i buy magic cards :D
Redeemer

Not very new...

Postby SkymanDr » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:01 pm

Well, the only time I hurt someone in judo was when I accidently preformed primitive dental surgury on my friend with my toe nail... :D <p>Two friends of mine made their own long swords in high school (a handcraft course). Once done they deforested an area next to the school.<br>Need I mention that since then students are prohibited from smithing their own swords..?
SkymanDr

Return to Introductions