Page 1 of 1

New here, but not new to the scene...

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:14 pm
by Paul Jensen
Hi everyone,

I've been a big fan of the PS series ever since I was a little kid. I was the translator for the SMSPower! retranslation patch of PS1, and now I'm working on a (re)translation of PS4 for fun and practice. English is my first language, and Japanese is my second. I live and work in Hiroshima, Japan.

I played through all of the original four games back in the day. I basically skipped the PSO generation, although I've bought, played through, and enjoyed PSZ so far.

It's great to see the fanbase going strong even over 20 years after the release of the first game in the series.

I'm glad to be a part of the community here.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:17 pm
by BenoitRen
Welcome to the board, Jensen-san! I recognised your name from somewhere. The community isn't as active as it was back in the day, but it's still here, and I won't let it die. :)

You're translating PSIV for fun? May I propose translating the rest of Le Roof's speech that I screenshotted one and a half years ago before the rest? It looks like it's different from what the Compendium is telling us! SkymanDr seems to have disappeared...

And, um, if after PSIV you still feel like translating, I for one am curious as to what is said in Nial/Lane's quest in PSIII. Rebecca Capowski started translating PSIII many years ago, but she stopped after Ayn's quest.

I hope I'm not asking too much. ^_^;

Again, welcome!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:42 am
by Sange Mahlay
始めまして、ジェンセンさん。 サンジ マーレイです。よろしくお願いします・
PSCAVEへよこそ。広島はどうですか?僕は千葉県に住んでいたけど、ぜんぜん広島へ
行ったことがありません。きれいですか?

Hello, good sir

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:39 am
by Wing-0
Glad to have fresh meat in the board. =)

.........I'm hungry...

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:35 am
by paladinrpg
I'm hoping to get a chance to work my Japanese in the future... though lately it seems I am improving my Chinese more than anything living in the Chinatown of Queens. Or my Urdu with a Pakistani brother-in-law. Glad I have such a cosmopolitan family. :roll:

I wish you luck on the PSIV dealings. Makes me wonder what kind of differences might pop-up compared to the official English one...

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:26 pm
by Zucca
Welcome welcome! And thanks again for the translation.