Howdy

New here? Introduce yourself to the community!

Howdy

Postby codyman144 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:39 am

Hi Everyone,

I started out playing PS1 back in grade school with my best friend growing up. Actually at first we used to just watch his brothers play mostly and they didn't always give us much of an opportunity to play. After the time we were about maybe 8-9 we had played it most of the way thru - very difficult game esp. as a child.

I remember getting PS2 for Saga Genesis shortly after it came out and it came with the big book and all the maps and I was so excited. I played a bit and even got my older sister hooked on the game. I remember playing to a certain point but deciding I wanted to go back and beat PS1 first before finishing PS2. However I watched my sister continue to play and after what seems like almost a year now she finally did beat the game (was prob only like 6 months but I was so young). In about the same amount of time I went back and played PS1 until I beat it - I have still to this day not played PS2 to the end :cry:

Much the same with PS3 I got that game shortly after it came out in the US. Beat the first generation pretty quickly but then played on again off again for some time and didn't finally beat it all the way thru for several years. Then I went back sometime later in college and played it on the computer all the way thru again.

I honestly don't remember when or how I got PS4 first but I remember I was hooked pretty quickly - I guess I was in early high school by then? I just remember it sucked me in right away the game play being so good the speed and story of the game so well crafted. If it wasn't for the very early childhood memories I am sure PS4 would be my favorite but something about how good PS1 was for when it came out just can't seem to be match. I loved in PS4 how they tried to tie it all together and have so many references to PS1. PS4 just really is a truly awesome game - hell you get to beat lassic again!

I've gone back now countless number of times to beat PS1 once again. Every few years I get nostalgic and figure ahh what they heck why not one more time. Anyway just wanted to share my story about why I love these games, maybe I should get my act together and beat PS2 already :)
codyman144
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Howdy

Postby Black Sword » Fri May 20, 2011 4:45 am

Welcome, cody! Some nights, one of our members plays through PS1 while we tease him, so you've come to the right place!
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:59 am

Welcome to the boards! Hope you like the place and get along with the crazy persons that plague this place.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby codyman144 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks...

Do they hunt fishmen on the shore or troll around the basement of medusa's palce? If so I think we'll get along okay.
codyman144
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Semix » Fri May 20, 2011 6:54 am

meow
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Welcome to the board, codyman144! Don't forget to stock the fridge. I'd like some perolymate.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Dr_Odin » Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Hay and come on in to the cave!
"Cannabis forgivness to the merciful mercy of Rune's Thrayness!" - Dr_Odin's preach in the shoutbox.
Dr_Odin
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Missagh » Fri May 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Welcome to the forums codyman144! I look forward to reading you in the discussions and shoutbox!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Return to Introductions