Why does america suck?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Why does america suck?

Postby Demon Child » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:12 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lassic's Chllun</i><p>thank-you for suporting my point. The Bible ABSOLUTELY BANS gay marraiges, and I, being Christain, go by that. You can counter my points if you like, but I will violently oppose them.<p>[size=small][Edit by Lassic's Chllun on [TIME]1110044399[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote>Maybe so but that book has so many contradictions in it it's not even funny. You really can't trust something like that.<br>More to the point the US isn't a Christian only country, so to say that because one religion opposes it it's just wrong is absolutly pathetic.<p>This leads me to belive that America sucks because of Christians because, in general, they can't pull their head out of their ass long enough to see that their way of life isn't perfect and that there are others around.
Demon Child
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Arkhan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:24 pm

Demon Child is smart!.....<p>America was built on religious freedom. We broke away from england to do our own thing. now to oppress, and believe only one religion is the way everyone in this nation should live, is hypocritical.<p>"We broke away to have free religion, but only the one we say is free". That isnt right.<p>Not every religion believes the same things......gay marriage should be perfectly fine in a nation that isnt based off christianity.<p>When one gets married, the minister says by the power invested in me by the state of *insert state*, I hereby pronounce you, man and wife, man and man, woman and woman.................. note the STATE. This right there proves that it should be ok because everything is go by separation of church and state......Church shouldnt have a say in how a state performs things such as that....<p>Think about it.<p>And if ANYONE says something stupid about seattle im going to break some skulls.
Arkhan
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Benoit » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:40 pm

<blockquote>If youre going to bring up historical facts, dont make it sound like its still the current way of things chief. You sure made it sound like thats the current punishment for supporting communism.....with the whole opposing my freedom statement....Im talking present, youre talking past, ....can you get on the same page?</blockquote><br>Alright, alright, I was wrong on that count. But don't make it sound like the US has real freedom of speech. If the government doesn't like something, you WILL get shot for it. o_O<br> <blockquote>Right, but your country wasnt just verbally attacked for slaying communists, by a 16 year old loudmouth ^_^</blockquote><br>Actually, I'm 19 years old.
Benoit
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Demon Child » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:44 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i>Alright, alright, I was wrong on that count. But don't make it sound like the US has real freedom of speech. If the government doesn't like something, you WILL get shot for it. o_O</blockquote><br>If not shot, then just thrown in jail. ~_~<p>Now that I'm thinking about it, some 18 year old guy got arrested for terrorism because he wrote a story about zombies. Freedom of Speech indeed. >_>;<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Demon Child on [TIME]1110138310[/TIME]][/size]
Demon Child
 

Why does america suck?

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:20 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Demon Child</i><p>Maybe so but that book has so many contradictions in it it's not even funny. You really can't trust something like that.<br>More to the point the US isn't a Christian only country, so to say that because one religion opposes it it's just wrong is absolutly pathetic.<p>This leads me to belive that America sucks because of Christians because, in general, they can't pull their head out of their ass long enough to see that their way of life isn't perfect and that there are others around.<br></blockquote><br>Hey, I'm Christian, and I don't have my head up MY ass... I don't think my way of life is perfect. In fact, no one's is... Would you like it if I said that Atheists are blind fools who think that they know everything about nothing? See? I can throw statements at groups at people too, and I know that doesn't make it right. I KNOW I'm not perfect... Not all Christians are the same... So quit sterotyping people.
LegoMuskCat
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Demon Child » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:27 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Demon Child</i><p>Maybe so but that book has so many contradictions in it it's not even funny. You really can't trust something like that.<br>More to the point the US isn't a Christian only country, so to say that because one religion opposes it it's just wrong is absolutly pathetic.<p>This leads me to belive that America sucks because of Christians because, in general, they can't pull their head out of their ass long enough to see that their way of life isn't perfect and that there are others around.<br></blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dreamer</i><p>Hey, I'm Christian, and I don't have my head up MY ass... I don't think my way of life is perfect. In fact, no one's is... Would you like it if I said that Atheists are blind fools who think that they know everything about nothing? See? I can throw statements at groups at people too, and I know that doesn't make it right. I KNOW I'm not perfect... Not all Christians are the same... So quit sterotyping people. <br></blockquote><br>Read it again. You'll note that I did not say they were all like that.<br>And honestly if one will consider themselves an Atheist they'd better know a bit about any other religion. I'd be stupid to say they dont belive in something they dont know about, that's why I pay close attention to my family and my town since there are a few religions around here. But that is a discussion for another time.
Demon Child
 

Why does america suck?

Postby gm2987 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:41 pm

To end this conversastion (And a quote from Feb.'s bigest dumbass on SFC)<p>Religion sux!
gm2987
 

Why does america suck?

Postby gm2987 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:42 pm

And dear god help you if you don't realize that was a joke >.>
gm2987
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Arkhan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:06 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by gm2987</i><p>To end this conversastion (And a quote from Feb.'s bigest dumbass on SFC)<p>Religion sux!<br></blockquote><p>Dude, you are so narrowminded, I cant believe you would say something so harsh. O M F G Everyone like you should be shot in the FACE!.....<br> :oops: <br>My bad I almost thought that wasnt a joke!....Jokes r t3h r0x0r! :-D<p>and on that note, Religion sucking, also sux!!!! :lol:
Arkhan
 

Why does america suck?

Postby Missagh » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:59 am

Closed upon request(S!)...<p>Feel free to continue the discussion somewhere here:<br>http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=usa+forums&meta=
Missagh
 

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 94 guests