Phantasy Star 2 sucks.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:05 pm

I also wish to apologise for my previous post. I went to far, although at first I thought Peegai just found that video at Youtube, I didn't think it was him. It's not justified to cuss someone else either who I have never met before even if it was not him.

I can understand what he's saying better now after turning my volume higher and removing the headphones. My current headphones muffle sound for some reason. I found out last night while playing Raja Adventure, the sound was a lot clearer without headphones on.

Although I apologise for being rude, my opinion of PSII has not changed. I still think that it's a great game.

Romanian is my first language, English is my second. I speak both fluently though. I actually have more of a slightly Canadian accent since I've lived in Canada a lot more than I have in Romania and still am in Canada. I started grade 1 here so of course I'm good in English, better than even in Romanian...
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:01 am

WHY has my post offering help to Pee been deleted?
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:05 am

Lord Khyron wrote:WHY has my post offering help to Pee been deleted?

Khyron-dono, it's here in this topic:
http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1866

The same thing happened to me once at another fourm.
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:33 am

Duude! The post moved itself!

Holy cow.. This forum is possessed!! XD
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby SheWren » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Sorry for not reading all the topic, I just wanted to tell to all trollers around the globe (I know I am one of them, no need to point it now :P) that the only reason why PS2 has no battle background is the fact it would be too large for a Genesis cartridge. You can still dislike it, it's a matter of taste, but remember that even PS1 was too large...Sega had to publish it on a special gold cartridge.
Those were the times when Sega cared a lot for its games...

Consider when it came out...you cannot expect a 128 bits graphics.

If you already pointed this fact out, I'm sorry for the useless post.
SheWren
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Lord Khyron wrote:Duude! The post moved itself!

Nope, it was always in that thread.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:19 pm

BenoitRen wrote:
Lord Khyron wrote:Duude! The post moved itself!

Nope, it was always in that thread.

Remember, Khyron: Assumptions are the mother of all cock-ups.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:42 pm

I think Khyron-dono just forgot where he posted it then made a joke about it. I don't really think he thought that the post moved itself...

PSII: You have to admit though, even if you didn't like the game itself, the characters were pretty cool. A lot of the PSIV ones were based off the PSII ones, I wrote about this in another topic somewhere. And Rolf is better than Chaz, he doesn't get so emotional all the time.
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 pm

I think you said that in the same topic...

About Rolf not being so emotional: uh, Rolf only spoke a couple times in the entire game.

These days, it seems people still have problems/make fun of boys/men who show their emotions. I wish they would grow up and try to understand the person. Not every hero has to be some macho man or super cool dude.
BenoitRen

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm

I wrote it in this topic: http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1846&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't mean that guys should not show any emotion but Chaz just seems to do it too much. Rolf was also very sad when Nei died but he didn't get so emotional during the whole game like Chaz did. Chaz even wanted to give up their mission to defeat the Profound Darkness. Luckly, Rune set him straight. Rolf never did that.
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edless » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:01 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Not every hero has to be some macho man or super cool dude.

Indeed yes, but we have to admit that when it comes to something like save the universe, it could be more secure and more credible to choose a natural born leader.

Chaz is a nice guy and it is shown even in the way he is drawn for PS's 20th birthday and I have to admit that unfortunately nice guys are not the ones remembered in the end.

I think one personnage could be really cool if he were to take some dramatic decision and taking responsabilities for it.
Sending someone to a certain death in order to prevent all the team's death.
Even if the leader were to be sad or to cry out loud in this situation, he would still be cool because he takes a huge decision.

- What would be the differences between PSII&IV's heroes

Rolf is worth of trust since he is contacted for his important mission. Moreover, he is the one who decides to open the DAMs to save everybody and that inspite of everybody hating him since he is considered to be responsible for the Motavia flood.
In the end he even takes the heavy decision to end the climate control system, he dooms Motavia to a never seen before crisis because it is still better than leaving the control to Mother Brain.
Moreover, he goes and dies for his beliefs with all his team but with the hope that he gives a chance for a new futur to the next generation.

On the contrary, Chaz lacks charisma if we were to put a comparison between those 2 heroes because he is the one following Alys and being taught by her.
Then if we make a quick summary of PSIV, he will be tutored through all the game. Rune tells him whom to see, then it's Le Roof and even for dramatic situations there will be a side character who will tell him what to do where: Demi for the climate control, Raja for the Landeel...

Being so kindly tutored and helped by everyone, he does not have the chance to forge himself a character, his mental.
Even in the end, he'll be protected by Elsydeon and will afterward accept his fate : not being able to see ever again his friends, Lutz, and the ones in space including the one he loves Rika without saying anything but a goodbye.

I never analysed it that way, but now that I have put words over my thoughts, I think I understand now why is Chaz less apreciated.

Am I wrong, or at least, am I clear? I hope so, but if not, don't hesitate to tell me.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:17 am

Rolf was an adult. Chaz was still growing up. And he lost his mentor who in a way was also his mother. He dealt with it differently.

So what if he wasn't badass enough to just keep on going, considering to stop the mission? He's only a human in the end. You forgot that he did resist Le Roof's 'orders' at first.
BenoitRen

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:41 am

However, Chaz still had Rika where as Rolf lost Nei, the only person he was truely close with. And yet he still handled the situation better than Chaz did. I think Rolf is only a couple of years older than Chaz, the difference between them doesn't seem so big. Also, aren't the Palma race not human? I mean the Earthmen attacked in PSII so Chaz isn't really human, his Palmaian (I think that's what the race/species would be called or Palmian).
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mizerith » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:08 am

He can be both, like how we are both human and Earthling. One of the espers in PS IV actually says, "Espers are human, too..." so the 'too' makes me think that Chaz is human. That, along with his uncanny resemblance to us, of course.
Mizerith
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:05 pm

Chaz still had Rika

They weren't a couple at that point. They didn't know each other that well. And what's to say that Rolf didn't have a love interest of his own? He did fight with 6 other people.
Also, aren't the Palma race not human?

Semantics...
BenoitRen

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star