Christmas...

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

What does Christmas mean to you?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:40 pm

A fat man in a red suit, breaking into your house!
1
8%
The celebration of Jesus' birthday.
1
8%
Family, friends, spending time with the ones you love.
3
23%
THE PRESENTS!
0
No votes
Waiting in line to buy things/return the gifts.
1
8%
Snow. Lots and lots of snow.
1
8%
Other
6
46%
 
Total votes : 13

Postby thriwren » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:08 pm

I concider my self a Athiest/ modern Satanist (not the ones in movies or the media wants you believe.) and I celebrate christmas since I use it as a winter soloist holiday. Modern Satanist (Well, the ones that uses Anton LaVey's writings) are basically Atheist with a mixture of pagan and wiccan.
Image
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
User avatar
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: Ragol

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Del_Ian wrote:Yeah, nobody knows the actual date(Or if there was one, for that matter).

The date that became Christmas was, like many church holidays, originally a pagan holiday, which got adopted for Christmas since it was easier to get converts that way - Hey, come to our side, our God is the right one, and you can even keep your old holidays! Many non-church related traditions still retain something of the old Pagan festivities, actually.
Finally! Someone who shares the same opinion as me! I tried arguing this point with someone else...and they seemed to have an explanation for everything.

I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject, but then again I don't really care to bother with looking up the details on everything. I dunno, I kind of think the whole Christmas concept is a lie, as the true origins of Christmas aren't really all that cheerful from what I've gathered.

And Triwren, I thought that the definition of a Satanist is one who worships Satan? o_O If you don't do that, then wouldn't you fall under another category? Just curious.
Last edited by LegoMuskCat on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:05 am
Location: US of A

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Haha.. The funny thing about religion is..

Your god won't do anything for you. Won't do anything you can't do yourself. Free will is what decides people's fates and how they live.

Seriously, Sit your happy ass down in the middle of town and stay there. Do not work or anything. PRAY to your GOD or SATAN and see how well it works. I can guarantee you won't be offered food, shelter, clothing or a place to stay for FREE. Your GOD or Satan will not help you.

Better yet? Ask the prisoners who pray to their god for release and it doesn't happen. Pray to their god to stop the raping in prison.. Better yet, Ask the inquisition victims and people burned as witches. Their god didn't help them!

Why? You can help yourself. Why should some almighty being come down and help an ungrateful bastard who wants to just mooch? Just wants everything given to them?

If that was the case, homeless people wouldn't exist.

The sad truth is that your god doesn't care for you and won't help you. You have to help yourself. The only help will come from people who feel GUILT. But even they have limits. True Altruism doesn't exist.

Pfft.. It is a great holiday for the kids and greedy bastards who want free stuff. Everything is about material things anyways.

Celebrating a MATERIAL Xmas is better than celebrating the birth of the son of the most hypocritical and hateful god that ever existed. God is in a nutshell: Something bad happens = Shit happens. Something good = He works in mysterious ways.

Don't get me started on people who want to worship the evils of satan. XD
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
User avatar
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: Tyler, TX

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Just because God doesn't help (or help in an obvious way) does not make him hateful.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
User avatar
BenoitRen
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:25 pm

LOL well he sure doesn't show his love.. So you be the judge.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
User avatar
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: Tyler, TX

Postby Danny » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm going to have to side with Khyron on that. Lazy jerks should work more than just praying and burning people because of "oh mighty god". If he's so kind, then why does he always spite people in the bible? So many wars and deaths were the cause of "god". I would rather they don't happen again. I prefer science over religion as it doesn't condem people and it's also a lot more acurate.

As for Christmas, from what I've heard, the birth of Jesus Christ was somewhere in December but the exact date is not exact. Oh and the fat Santa of today was made by the Coca-cola company. The real Santa was called Pere Noel or the Gift Giver (in English). He was a very slender man who lived in France and gave toys and candy to children. The milk and cookies thing is also more of a modern thing. Talk about not preserving old traditions...
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Image
User avatar
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:09 am

Postby Mister Death » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:31 am

Snow. Winter is so pretty :D
Eusis saves!
User avatar
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:41 am
Location: Motavia

Postby thriwren » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Tsu wrote:
Del_Ian wrote:Yeah, nobody knows the actual date(Or if there was one, for that matter).

The date that became Christmas was, like many church holidays, originally a pagan holiday, which got adopted for Christmas since it was easier to get converts that way - Hey, come to our side, our God is the right one, and you can even keep your old holidays! Many non-church related traditions still retain something of the old Pagan festivities, actually.
Finally! Someone who shares the same opinion as me! I tried arguing this point with someone else...and they seemed to have an explanation for everything.

I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject, but then again I don't really care to bother with looking up the details on everything. I dunno, I kind of think the whole Christmas concept is a lie, as the true origins of Christmas aren't really all that cheerful from what I've gathered.

And Triwren, I thought that the definition of a Satanist is one who worships Satan? o_O If you don't do that, then wouldn't you fall under another category? Just curious.


Well, Satan is just used as a metaphor. As I as I said in my post it is a mix of Atheist, pagan, and wiccan.
Image
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
User avatar
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: Ragol

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Image

Bapthomet, Bapthoj00.

Devil worshiping for the win.
Image
User avatar
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol, England, UK

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests