Chaz's secret shocking fact about Alis and Alys!!! O_O

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby gm2987 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:14 pm

Rune is a Wizard like we already know, hes the 5th generation Lutz which means they'res only been 4 other lutzs for 2000 years meaning lutz can last for 500 years which mean that Rune could be anywhere from 25(looks about it) though 499 years old...
gm2987

Postby Mizehrith » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:57 pm

Alys Brangwin is neither a descendant nor a reincarnation of Alis Landale. The two are completely different characters. As you all know, the fourth installment in the series featured many a reference to the previous three, so it is possible that the developers' having given one of the more important characters in the story a name similar to the one initially given to the most important character in the series was simply part of this pattern of references.<p>In the case of Alys' spirit having shown up in Elsydeon, we already know that the spirits contained within it are of those who have fought to protect Algo(l) over the years. In the beginning of PS IV, all we know about Alys is that she exists as a famous Hunter, and additionally, as Chaz' trainer. Later on, however, we learn that her and the 5th-generation Lutz go way back -- which could suggest that there is more to her than what meets the eye.<p>The numan featured in the 2nd image during the Elsydeon sequence was Nei. I can't think of any other numan character who fought to protect Algo(l), other than Rika -- who was alive during that sequence.<p>[size=small][Edit by Mizehrith on [TIME]1090689994[/TIME]][/size]
Mizehrith

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:35 pm

One must not forget that Alis´ original name is Alisa, and Alys´ original name is Lyla.
Monocromatico

Postby The Exile » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:00 pm

rune doesn't travel back in time in the game... but a couple of hours beforehand he as standing too close to the elysdeon and there was a glitch and he went back in time to ps1 and thats how he knows he is Lutz... <p>okay so i made it up. but it might have happened!
The Exile

Postby Siren » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:36 pm

<blockquote>The numan featured in the 2nd image during the Elsydeon sequence was Nei.</blockquote> <p>I agree. When I saw the cutscene I perceived her as Nei as well. Perhaps Saner thought it was not Nei because of the slightly changed art style used in Phantasy Star IV.
Siren

Postby Saner2 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:41 pm

NEI does look like Nei in that PS4 scene when they show her collar getting broken. <p>I just meant her last pic during those scenes kinda looked different. her ears appeared broad like Rika's.<p>
Saner2

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:02 am

There is Nm-2011 who is also on the Drama CD and who has different ears than Nei.<p>You can see her on the box art. Also Nei was renamed NEi-Second on the memorial Drama CD. There was also a NEi-third a developer thought of.
Lord Khyron

Postby Benoit » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:28 pm

Yes, and Nei-third was featured in a manga the developers made. It appeared in SPEC, which was a special magazine. It was a fan magazine where developers also made stuff for.
Benoit

Re: Chaz's secret shocking fact about Alis and Alys!!! O_O

Postby zio_falz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 am

Saner2 wrote:well I don't get it sort of. <p>well yeah I know the Elysdeon sword visions and stuff taught Chaz about previous people who protected Algo. <p>but the last scene, where it shows Algo, then shows a small picture of Alis, then (Nei?), and finally Alys........<p>what does that mean?? <p>I don't think the 2nd pic is Nei. the ears are different. and maybe the hair and cheekbones. <p>but aside from that. have they clued to Alys' true origins or past? <p>is Alys Alis reincarnated? (unlikely) or maybe a descendant (why the last name change then?) <p>and what about Rune. I forgot but isn't Rune the descendant of Lutz? how? did Lutz get in bed with a cutie pie in the past? <p>I'm confused. :)

Alys and Nei get their own standalone pictures, because unlike the rest, they were plain out murdered. Emphasizes what, who you are fighting for, so such a tragic murder at the hand of darkness, can be prevented in the future.
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star