Offline play?

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Ah, yes, the comic. I heard about it before. Would it be best to read those after playing the Episode 2 quests?
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby janejana » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 am

the moving comic covers events that occur between episode 1 and 2, so you can read it before doing any of the ep. 2 quests.
janejana
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby suoturska » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:28 pm

I'd recommend playing episode 2 first, since the comic has some pretty bad spoilers in it. And it's actually only the beginning of the comic that occurs between the episodes. A lot of the comic happens simultaneously with the events of ep. 2. I suspect it might also have some spoilers for ep. 3 as well. I can't be sure, though, since I haven't played ep. 3.
suoturska
Locusta
Locusta

Postby thriwren » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm

suoturska wrote:I'd recommend playing episode 2 first, since the comic has some pretty bad spoilers in it. And it's actually only the beginning of the comic that occurs between the episodes. A lot of the comic happens simultaneously with the events of ep. 2. I suspect it might also have some spoilers for ep. 3 as well. I can't be sure, though, since I haven't played ep. 3.
As of right now, No. But It might cover some of the hings that has happened 9I can think of maybe one tie in from the comic at best).
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:25 am

Argh, those comics are Flash movies! Damn it.

Say, I just finished Chapter 8 of the Episode 2 quests. I begin to read the threads about Episode 2 in this forum, and it's about stuff I haven't even seen yet!

...Are there more quests on a second page, or something?
BenoitRen

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:46 am

There were indeed two more missions on the second page. Anyway, I finished the last mission. That was a hard one, since I recently switched to Force type. I could only make it through by buying Gi-Techniques, and even then it still took me multiple tries.

I've also just finished reading/watching the moving comic. The perfect complement to Episode 2, in my opinion. And hey, it says to be continued in Episode 3, so that's indeed their purpose!

Would be nice to have them as regular video clips. After the first chapter I actually spent some time with CamStudio trying to record it, but the audio was always out of sync in the resulting AVI. Damn it.
BenoitRen

Postby Neo48 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Yeah, Gi techniques work great. I did all of episode 2 offline as a Force with 4 techs: Foie, Gifoie, Diga, Gidiga.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star Universe