How Phantasy Star III Should Be Remade!!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:43 am

I haven't even officially announced a release, I said I'ma TRY to make a story for it, and IF I am successful I MAY.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Voracious Cobra » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 am

Hmm....if PS3 is remade in a good way, I might try it out. I want them to correct the many mistakes it had, and I want it to make sense. Otherwise, I won't even bother.
Last edited by Voracious Cobra on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voracious Cobra
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:52 am

I'm with you 100%, any suggestions?
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:01 am

Crys should be filled with rage, Sean should be depressive, Aron should be a nerd and Adan should be a mama's boy.

Like in that doujin the artist did once. :D
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Voracious Cobra » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 am

Edge wrote:I'm with you 100%, any suggestions?

To start, the monitor needs to make sense. It's circled, but the worlds are ovaled. It really throws you off course.

The techniques need to make more sense. The techs also need to say how much TP they use, no matter where you are.

When selecting a char. in combat, it needs to be more visible, not yellow and white. And the winders? It's very misleading. Attack 1 turn, or attack forever? No good.

As for coolness, it needs to have more cutscenes, more things to make it interesting.

I only put up with the slow walking speed in PS2 because it was at least enjoyable. For me, PS3 has no fun factor. The slow speed just made it more aggravating.

And Black Waltz, I agree on that. I thought for sure Sean would have been depressed, but no. It disappointed me to no end.
Last edited by Voracious Cobra on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voracious Cobra
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Sange Mahlay » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:29 am

I'm still working on my remake. Still waiting on the new artwork, and I've been tinkering with everything. Probably should make a new thread about it, since the old one was deleted in the crash. I really want to get it finished, but circumstances always seem to get in the way.

As far as the generation system goes, I agree with you, but I don't think its' problems warrant throwing out the whole system. It does feel half-finished and generation III do all feel very similar. I think just expanding the stories and strengthening the individual narratives could make them feel less repetitive.
"I'm broad-minded enough to concede that they might possibly not be complete idiots, but I much prefer the company of people who agree with me."
Sange Mahlay
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 pm

I have the first page of your thread. I was hoping to eventually get the second one and put it all back when Google would stop being paranoid, but in the meantime its cache of the lost threads has been wiped. :(
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Sange Mahlay » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I have the first page of your thread. I was hoping to eventually get the second one and put it all back when Google would stop being paranoid, but in the meantime its cache of the lost threads has been wiped. :(

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I'll just try and put together some new screenshots, at some point. Just to let people know where I'm at.
"I'm broad-minded enough to concede that they might possibly not be complete idiots, but I much prefer the company of people who agree with me."
Sange Mahlay
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edge » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Rockstar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

I agree with the others who said Edge's suggestions sound more like a prequel than a remake.

In the remake I've been working on (how many times you heard that one, huh?), I have kept the generation system but it definitely needs improvements in the story-telling and in making the different scenarios well... different.

There's still a lot I haven't decided in the 2nd and 3rd generations since I haven't even finished generation 1 yet, but I've made sure to plan ahead and have a timeline of what happens when so that everything can make sense (you know stuff like why the weather is wrong, why Maia ends up in Landen, etc.)

The battle system is definitely more engaging and has a better user interface (at least I think so) and for the music I am mostly creating remixes of the original, except for the battle music which will be completely different. I might throw in a few tunes from other PS titles as well.

I'd love for graphics to be improved as well but sadly that is not my forte.
Rockstar
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Edge » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Uh huh... It's tedious work... AN DON'T HATE ON MY IDEAS I DUNNO YOU LIKE THAT, YET! Naw, I'm just kidding. I'm just saying, the original the only "unique" generations were Rhys, and Ayn... Everything else is done in everything else in the game... I hope you fix that, as it was my biggest gripe... Everyone elses gripe seems to be the graphics, and the movement speed, which for me, is being kinda anal... It's an OLD genesis game... Get over it.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Yes, I quite agree with Edge that in terms of the graphical aspect of PS3, it is an old horse that has already been beaten to death. I do hope there is a decent remake of this game, it has so much potential. I'm trying to play the original but the horrid battles and equally cheesy battle music are too much for me.

It has the best music in the entire series, though.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Rockstar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 pm

lyla2284 wrote:Yes, I quite agree with Edge that in terms of the graphical aspect of PS3, it is an old horse that has already been beaten to death. I do hope there is a decent remake of this game, it has so much potential. I'm trying to play the original but the horrid battles and equally cheesy battle music are too much for me.

It has the best music in the entire series, though.

And I do believe my remake addresses all the non-graphical issues of the game (to my liking of course, no one will ever 100% agree on what to keep and what to change and how). Graphically, though, I could definitely use some help... then it could look as good as the artists can make it...
Rockstar
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Tanith » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 am

Black Waltz 0 wrote:Crys should be filled with rage, Sean should be depressive, Aron should be a nerd and Adan should be a mama's boy.

Like in that doujin the artist did once. :D

Those are how I picture the 3rd generation heroes, too, for the most part. Although, I picture Crys as not so much angry as he is... bloodthirsty? Fierce? I also picture in his generation his father being a pushover and Mom being the more dominant parent, and though he was raised during war time, it hasn't humbled Crys at all. In fact, he's a giant prick and quite bossy with the rest of his group because he thinks he knows everything about battle. Of course, his group includes a former rival, Kara, who is also cold and menacing like him. Oh, the fun that must have been!

*ahem* Enough of my rambling. What would make PSIII a better game for me would be to flesh out the characters, fix all the WTF going on in the stories, and take out those silly robots with the arrows on them. I can't take them seriously at all. Oh, and get Siren a breast reduction.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Previous

Return to Fan stuff