Would Phantasy Star III...

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Would Phantasy Star III...

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Even be worth a fuck, if the Technique buying was removed, as well as "Rowed Attacks" (Slicer, and spells), "Group Attacks" (The needler, and spells), and "Back Row Attacks (Bow, and single targeting spells)"

Honestly, that kind of ruins a lot of the unique elements of PS3... But if everything else was fixed... Would it be worth it?
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I understand "static" techs on cyborgs but for human (numan/whatever) I personally don't.
But different styles of attacks (front/back/group/so on) are bonus, IMO. It increases battle strategy level, and I like it.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby NickyP » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Before we talk about technical stuff, the first two things that need fixing in III are:

1) The horrible, HORRIBLE battle music. The only saving grace is Falz' theme, and even that is just a 6 second melody looped. Everyone here could probably make catchier tunes with a keyboard while taking a poop.

2) Overall presentation. The colors are muddy, the character sprites are blurry/smudged looking, and the rest of it is just ugly. And not seeing your character in battle is a flat-out no-no in my book.. PSI had an excuse, but then PSII came and kicked it up a notch big time. Colors were pretty, sprites were cute and looked updated from I, enemies were fully animated and neat looking... II was great. Then III came and ruined it all. If you took someone who has never played nor heard of a Phantasy Star game, and then let them play II and III (without seeing the title screen), and then asked them which they thought was the sequel/later release; they'd most likely pick II.

/end PSIII-hate rant
NickyP
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby ThugsRook » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm

personally, i concider PSIII unfixable. it needs a complete rebuild.
ThugsRook
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:00 am

You already know what I think ;) I nice upgrade is what this game needs.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:52 am

I think graphics are good, but animations aren't.
And what comes to music, I like them (excluding battle musics).
See my signature for more.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Return to Fan stuff