Heh, Chaz talks shit to the Great Light.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Saner2 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:36 pm

Rune is not Lutz!! there's no way! he's too young for that. besides Lutz would of went back to cryogenic sleep and looked the same. <p>Rune is a complete different person even after getting the telepathy ball. he's a decendant. Lutz after PSII got bored and shanked the nearest female disciple. =P
Saner2

Postby thriwren version 2 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Saner2</i><p>Rune is not Lutz!! there's no way! he's too young for that. besides Lutz would of went back to cryogenic sleep and looked the same. <p>Rune is a complete different person even after getting the telepathy ball. he's a decendant. Lutz after PSII got bored and shanked the nearest female disciple. =P <br></blockquote><br>In a sence Rune is Lutz due to that mind orb. He has all of Lutz's memories and such.
thriwren version 2

Postby Muuuu teki » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:31 pm

<blockquote>Le Roof spoke of the Great Light in the 3rd person. </blockquote> <br>Yeah, and RUNE spoke the same way of Lutz, too.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Muuuu teki on [TIME]1122949704[/TIME]][/size]
Muuuu teki

Postby Parn » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:47 am

The PS Compendium does state that Le Roof inherited the Great Light's will. However, the Great Light is most certainly NOT dead, as the compendium makes no such statement. The only reference that is made about the Great Light and death is in the interview towards the end where Kazuyoshi Tsugawa makes mention of an idea for a potential sequel, that being killing off the Great Light, which pretty much seals the deal on the Great Light's existance.
Parn

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:35 am

The compendium makes no reference to the GL being dead?<p>How about this line right here? <p>The fourth planet of the Algol Solar System. It is said to make only one revolution every 1,000 years, and it has a long, elliptical orbit. One cannot find it without the aforementioned Aeroprism, and no person alive knows where it is. When the seal on the Profound Darkness weakens every 1,000 years, it draws near the other three planets, its duty to warn of what's to come. The planet's guardian is the inheritor of the Great Light's will, a life form by the name of Le Roof [the "Le" pronounced like the word "lay", not like the French article "le". So, Le Roof is to the Great Light what Rune is to Lutz...? The parallel is intentional - the same phrase, "ishi o uketsugu" (to succeed to/inherit one's will, à la the Memory Ball), is used here as in the description of the Thray-Lutz relationship on pg. 20]. <p>The Great Light (IV)<br>A spirit-life form that, after a battle to the death in a star system in a massive nebula long ago, created the Algol Solar System and sealed away the Profound Darkness. The Great Light then gave birth to Protectors of the Seal, the Parmans, the Motabians, and the Dezolians, on the three planets, and warned them all that the seal would weaken about every 1,000 years. <p>Bingo. ^_^<p>The Great light died, and LE Roof inherits the same thin Rune does. <p><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1122521791[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Saner2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:05 am

no that doesnt happen otherwise Le Roof's answer about the Great Light's whereabouts would have been different.
Saner2

Postby gm2987 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:00 pm

It says that in the game as well, that it was a fight to the death, but obviously neither died becuase PD still comes around and GL had to give birth to the protectors, if he died after thats one thing but it says nothing of the sort ^_^
gm2987

Postby DaveGeorge » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:14 pm

This is what I love about this forum. Intense discussions about the smallest things ;) Rune is the FIFTH generation Lutz....end of story :p <p>By the way Khyron, is it really "one revolution every 1,000 years"? Revelation just seems more right....;) no no please...don't hit me... I was just confused by it...<br><p>[size=small][Edit by DaveGeorge on [TIME]1122567324[/TIME]][/size]
DaveGeorge

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:14 pm

In case you haven't noticed..<p>Rune plays ignorant about DF and Algo's genesis when he knows it.<p>Le Roof is also playing ignorant.. Why should Le Roof tell Chaz that he is the GL? It would piss chaz off more.<p>Making Chaz believe the GL abandoned them, makes him refuse to fight. Rune then makes him change his mind.<p>PS games are about choices, The protectors make a choice. THey don't have to. <p>Didn't you know that people in our world speak of death as "Going to a better place?" I mean. Algo was first religion..<p>Let's not forget the OPENING of PS IV<p>"The victor sacrificed, the vanquished to the heavens."<p>The Great Light is dead, but since Le Roof inherited her will, Just like Rune inherited Lutz' will and memories, they are their respective inheritances.<p>Hell, Rune never admits he is Lutz till he is forced, why the hell should LE Roof?<p>P.S. Hey now.. I don't hit anyone.. Saner bites XD<p>
Lord Khyron

Postby Parn » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:43 pm

That's how you interpreted it Khyron, but just the same:<p>
Tsugawa: Myself, I want to see about killing off the Great Light this time around. (laughs)
<p>Kind of difficult to kill off an entity that's supposedly dead.
Parn

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:30 pm

They are in reference to GL maybe surviving with some vestigal life energy.. Kinda like Dark Force survived for 1000 years feeding on anger..<p>When he was thought to be dead! And confirmed dead.<p>Besides, According to the japanese PS IV, you SEAL THE PD away, don't destroy it.<p>Notice his laugh? It's a joke. The GL is dead.<p>You all obviously can't see jokes.<p>But no, let's disregard the OPENING OF PS IV just like we do the compendium.<p>So is the opening crap too? The victor wasn't sacrified? The vanquish not to the heavens?<p>You are considered dead with no body anyways.<p>Sure, let's ignore the intro to PS IV.. Damn hypocrites. <p>
Lord Khyron

Postby Saner2 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:35 pm

<b>no that was a sentence split into parts<p>"the victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens" <p>The Great Light sealed the defeated Profound Darkness with the Algo Solar System (the heavens). </b>
Saner2

Postby gm2987 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:56 am

It's more of a take it as you will here, although I personally think more points towards the Great Light being alive. If he isn't... Well my fan game just needs a complete rewrite >.<
gm2987

Postby Parn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Saner hit the nail on the head. The opening reads as follows:<p><blockquote>The long, long struggle of ancient times finally ended...<br>The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens.<br>Four bells tolled. Four torches were lit.<br>And the world continued for thousands of years...</blockquote><p>You split a complete sentence out of convenience for your own argument.<p>Additionally, the original owner of an inheritance does not have to be dead. You're applying the same rules of life and death of a Palman to an omnipotent entity and making an assumption that because Rune inherited Lutz's knowledge that the same exact method happens with Le Roof. My inheriting my father's watch doesn't mean my father is dead yet.<p>Phantasy Star Online said it best: "There can be no light without darkness, nor darkness without light."<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Parn on [TIME]1122640432[/TIME]][/size]
Parn

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:45 pm

Hey, the compendium states LE roof is to the Great Light and Rune is too Lutz.<p>I didn't split it for my convenience, I used the ONE LINE in the opening that says the GL died.<p>There is nothing wrong with that. That sentense can stand alone by itself.<p>Oh wait, it can't? God.. <p>You people do it all the time, religious people do it all the time.<p>The words below and above it, have no bearing on that sentence. Sheesh.. I grow tired of arguing with people who look for fights..
Lord Khyron

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star