Heh, Chaz talks shit to the Great Light.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby gm2987 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:11 pm

No ones really looking for a fight but its quite clear theres a major diffrence of opinion here.
gm2987

Postby Parn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:13 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><br>Hey, the compendium states LE roof is to the Great Light and Rune is too Lutz.[/quote]<br>No, the analogy applies to the word inheritance, not the situation itself. Rebecca Capowski's exact quote is "So, Le Roof is to the Great Light what Rune is to Lutz...?" Notice the question mark? That's not verbatim from the compendium, that's Rebecca's extra notes.<p>
I didn't split it for my convenience, I used the ONE LINE in the opening that says the GL died.<p>There is nothing wrong with that. That sentense can stand alone by itself.
<br>Except there is something wrong with that, because you're splitting apart a complete sentence and thus changing the context.<p>
Oh wait, it can't? God..
<br>No, it can't.<p>
You people do it all the time, religious people do it all the time.
<br>I do it all the time? Feel free to give an example. Religious people do it all the time? What does religion have to do with any of this?<p>
The words below and above it, have no bearing on that sentence.
<br>Except for the fact that "The victor sacrificed" is not a complete sentence. There's no punctuation at the end, because there are more words left.<p>[quote]Sheesh.. I grow tired of arguing with people who look for fights.. </blockquote><br>And I grow tired of you throwing in totally irrelevant crap into these debates and throwing a temper tantrum if anyone dares to challenge your opinion. The only one that has been doing any name-calling in this thread so far, is you.
Parn

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:25 pm

The victor sacrificed, the vanquished to the heavens.<p>Can work as a sentence in English. Authors do it all the time.<p>You fail to see that Le Roof is to the GL ad the GL is to Rune.<p>Le Roof has no reason to reveal he is the GL, does DF reveal he is the manifestation of the PD? No he doesn't.<p>Does Zio reveal he is Dark Force? NO.<p>I'm tired of you disregarding facts, just to spur your little Mike RIpp beliefs. You have 2 canonical sources that say the same damn thing. <p>You also happen to know English PS IV is messed up translation wise..<p>But please, less disregard common sense to be a certain someone. <p>I'm through with you, disregard facts and be stupid. I care not. ^_^<p>You also fail to see that RUNE doesn't consider himself LUTZ, when he really IS LUTZ.<p>Le Roof can't do the same?<p>Double standards.
Lord Khyron

Postby Parn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:38 pm

The victor sacrificed, the vanquished to the heavens.<p>Can work as a sentence in English. Authors do it all the time.
<br>And in such a case, I would agree with what you said. But since the game does NOT have a comma, semicolon, or any other form of punctuation aside from a period at the end of the sentence, my statement still stands.<p>
You fail to see that Le Roof is to the GL ad the GL is to Rune.
<br>I do? Funny, I understood the inheritance part just fine. Le Roof inherited the Great Light's will. Fantastic. Doesn't mean the Great Light is dead.<p>
I'm tired of you disregarding facts, just to spur your little Mike RIpp beliefs.
<br>"Mike Ripplinger" beliefs? Care to explain what that's supposed to mean?<p>
You have 2 canonical sources that say the same damn thing.
<br>You had to cut a sentence in half for one source, and the other is editor notes by Rebecca Capowski. This is your idea of canonical sources?<p>
You also fail to see that RUNE doesn't consider himself LUTZ, when he really IS LUTZ.<p>Le Roof can't do the same?<p>Double standards.
<br>Which has any relevance to this discussion, how? When the hell did I say anything about Rune acknowledging the whole Lutz thing? You keep throwing random crap at me that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on this discussion.
Parn

Postby ThePeaGuy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:48 pm

I agree with Parn in regards to Khyron's attitude.<p>Khyron, the difference between you and the people who make errors is that they acknowledge them, whereas you don't and throw a tantrum over it. Maybe if you didn't do this all the time, people wouldn't think less of you.<p>
ThePeaGuy

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:25 pm

I haven't made a error.<p>The Compendium says the GL died, and LE roof inherited her Will like Rune inherits Lutz Will.<p>I also use the line from the intro, WHICH can stand alone, to back it up. It's THEY who can't read and see that. It is also they who can't understand that Rune doesn't claim he is Lutz, so why should Le Roof have to? Rune speaks of Lutz in 3rd person. So does LE Roof of the GL. <p>There are no mistakes in that belief, using the sources as fact. If I had made a error, and those sources did not say that, then I would admit my error.<p>Fact is, it is stated, and said, and I believe it. <p>If they have a problem with that, Then that is their problem. They can be ignorant and enjoy it. I don't have to care. <p>I'm just defending MY POINTS, with FACTS. What <br>he believes, I really don't care. <p>Capowski is a translator that can be trusted, I don't see any other compendium translations, and from the japanese i Did translate, I came to the same conclusion. <p>You have a problem with my sources? Then prove me that it doesn't say the Gl died in PS IV, and I'll show you where it says she did. I'm so breaking up their little beliefs, and it's such a crime!<p>P.S. You're right! This is all my fault! All my fault for using FACTS to justify my beliefs and Parn couldn't handle that something contradicted what he said. Made his little beliefs seem bad and he got all upset. My mistake. I shouldn't have even bothered to try to think LOGICALLY and USE FACTS to someone like him. Will I never learn from my mistakes! It's sad, I'll never learn not to debate with fanatics. <p>P.S.S I'm also guilty of being snobby and snotty. So therefore, my apologies. I shall make amends by walking away. Bai Bai! ^_^ Have fun with delusions!<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1122673135[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby ThePeaGuy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:03 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>I haven't made a error.<p>The Compendium says the GL died, and LE roof inherited her Will like Rune inherits Lutz Will.<p>I also use the line from the intro, WHICH can stand alone, to back it up. It's THEY who can't read and see that. It is also they who can't understand that Rune doesn't claim he is Lutz, so why should Le Roof have to? Rune speaks of Lutz in 3rd person. So does LE Roof of the GL. <p>There are no mistakes in that belief, using the sources as fact. If I had made a error, and those sources did not say that, then I would admit my error.<p>Fact is, it is stated, and said, and I believe it. <p>If they have a problem with that, Then that is their problem. They can be ignorant and enjoy it. I don't have to care. <p>I'm just defending MY POINTS, with FACTS. What <br>he believes, I really don't care. <p>Capowski is a translator that can be trusted, I don't see any other compendium translations, and from the japanese i Did translate, I came to the same conclusion. <p>You have a problem with my sources? Then prove me that it doesn't say the Gl died in PS IV, and I'll show you where it says she did. I'm so breaking up their little beliefs, and it's such a crime!<p>P.S. You're right! This is all my fault! All my fault for using FACTS to justify my beliefs and Parn couldn't handle that something contradicted what he said. Made his little beliefs seem bad and he got all upset. My mistake. I shouldn't have even bothered to try to think LOGICALLY and USE FACTS to someone like him. Will I never learn from my mistakes! It's sad, I'll never learn not to debate with fanatics. <p>P.S.S I'm also guilty of being snobby and snotty. So therefore, my apologies. I shall make amends by walking away. Bai Bai! ^_^ Have fun with delusions!<p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1122673135[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><p>You say you don't give a shit about what we think, and yet you still have the need to justify yourself to all of us by posting here again. <p>Enough with the pretense, Khyron.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1122675775[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Postby gm2987 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:35 am

Khyron could you tell me where you see this interview conpendium online? I would like to get a friend of mine to translate it if you don't mind.
gm2987

Postby Parn » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:43 am

Quite amusing how he claims that I'm getting upset, yet I have not used a single insult in this entire discussion.<p>Feel free to let us all know what "Mike Ripp beliefs" are.
Parn

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:52 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Parn</i><p>Quite amusing how he claims that I'm getting upset, yet I have not used a single insult in this entire discussion.<p>Feel free to let us all know what "Mike Ripp beliefs" are.<br></blockquote><p>Don't, or he'll get all protoculture on your ass. :p
ThePeaGuy

Postby Muuuu teki » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:35 am

Well, in any case, how do you think Chaz would react if Le Roof said something like the following:<br> "Oh, yeah. The Great Light actually DIED trying to battle against the Profound Darkness, so now I've decided that you ought to be the ones who'll take over for her and finish what she couldn't. I have the utmost confidence..(cough) in you (cough, cough). And I'm sure that (tee, hee) you'll kick her ass all the way to end of reality. Be confident and you'll win, even though people stronger than you nearly died going up against considerably weaker forms of the Dark Force."<p>Hmmm....<br>Alpha 5: Danger! Danger! It's the big one! I know it! We'll all be destroyed! <br>Zordon: Calm down, Alpha. It's Rita, and she's attacking the planet. <br>Alpha 5: Aye, yai, yai! What should we do?! <br>Zordon: Teleport to us five overbearing and over-emotional humans. <br>Alpha 5: No, not that! Not... teenagers! <br>Zordon: That is correct, Alpha. <br>Alpha 5: I was afraid of that. <br>
Muuuu teki

Postby KexMex » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm

The Great Light banished the Profound Darkness,<p>Then stopped hosting and left it to the new admin Le Roof and some groups of mods over the years to ban PD's new user accounts!<p>The story sounds so much better this way.
KexMex

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:43 pm

Wow, I can't believe I missed this. I thought it was a thread where Saner was being silly again, which is entertaining but not terribly stiumlating, so I didn't read much. I missed out. <br> <br><blockquote>and from the japanese i Did translate, I came to the same conclusion.</blockquote> <br>Except that you can't speak, read or write fluent Japanese.
LaconianShot

Postby KexMex » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:39 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><br>Except that you can't speak, read or write fluent Japanese.<br></blockquote><p>He could've used a Babelfish. Which would've translated the whole thing into something else, perhaps about carrots.
KexMex

Postby DaveGeorge » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:04 pm

Yes. PsIV true title is really.. Phantasy Star: How to grow large carrots :oops:
DaveGeorge

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star