Heh, Chaz talks shit to the Great Light.

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby KexMex » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:49 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by DaveGeorge</i><p>Yes. PsIV true title is really.. Phantasy Star: How to grow large carrots :oops: <br></blockquote><p>Yeah. Or PSIV: In the mind of Ryo-Okhi.
KexMex

Postby Muuuu teki » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:57 pm

Or Phantasy Star: Secret of Street Fighter Ryu's religious items... *shot*
Muuuu teki

Postby KexMex » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:05 pm

Hey, that'd be something. A Phantasy star fighting game! ^_^
KexMex

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:38 pm

This thread has taken a turn from petty, somewhat intellectuals arguements to pointless, brain rotting banter.
LaconianShot

Postby Muuuu teki » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:12 pm

I'd have possibly made it worse, but it doesn't seem that these boards allow one to post art directly from one's computer.
Muuuu teki

Postby Dr. Casey » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:43 am

It would indeed seem that way.<p>I made this topic!
Dr. Casey

Postby LaconianSandals » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:27 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>The compendium makes no reference to the GL being dead?<p>How about this line right here? <p>The fourth planet of the Algol Solar System. It is said to make only one revolution every 1,000 years, and it has a long, elliptical orbit. One cannot find it without the aforementioned Aeroprism, and no person alive knows where it is. When the seal on the Profound Darkness weakens every 1,000 years, it draws near the other three planets, its duty to warn of what's to come. The planet's guardian is the inheritor of the Great Light's will, a life form by the name of Le Roof [the "Le" pronounced like the word "lay", not like the French article "le". So, Le Roof is to the Great Light what Rune is to Lutz...? The parallel is intentional - the same phrase, "ishi o uketsugu" (to succeed to/inherit one's will, à la the Memory Ball), is used here as in the description of the Thray-Lutz relationship on pg. 20]. <p>The Great Light (IV)<br>A spirit-life form that, after a battle to the death in a star system in a massive nebula long ago, created the Algol Solar System and sealed away the Profound Darkness. The Great Light then gave birth to Protectors of the Seal, the Parmans, the Motabians, and the Dezolians, on the three planets, and warned them all that the seal would weaken about every 1,000 years. <p>Bingo. ^_^<p>The Great light died, and LE Roof inherits the same thin Rune does. <p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1122521791[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><br>ok, I see the reference to a fight to the death, that obviously ends with the PD being alive. Is that the basis of GL dying? Doesn't really seem tos tand up, really just seems like poor wording.
LaconianSandals

Postby LaconianSandals » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:58 am

Ok, since there is a large part of fighting on this thread... time to propose a little peace.<p>Khyron, as the sentence you're quoting "The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens" stand in the game there is no comma. That said, the existing (and as far as I know Canon) sentence states that the victor (subject) sacrificed (verb) the vanquished (other noun) to the heavens (adjective... I think... back off I'm only in AP English). Also, as it stands, I don't think "The Vanquished to the Heavens" is an appropriate sentence. "The Vanquished (noun) to the (article) Heavens (Noun)" No verb there. <p>As for the connection between GL > Le Roof as Lutz > Rune, it makes sense. Whether the GL left or died or whatever, Le Roof is his heir. Rune is not actually Lutz in the sense that he is not the same person who fought with Alis, he has his own personality (can you really see Lutz making fun of one of the protectors? He was much, MUCH, more stern than Rune IMP). <p>In the Compendium, it referred to a fight to the death indeed. You fight the PD, thus implying that the Great Light was killed. However, after the fight the Great Light takes actions. Here's my chalk up of that.<p>Fight occurs, Great Light is dealt a fatal injury ('cause you can do that to Gods). In his death throes the GL creates Algo, uses his last energy to seal away PD, and imparts some of his wisdom to Le Roof so that PDs physical manifestations could be put down. The comment from the opening could (possibly) refer to another battle. Maybe one from a previous battle with Dark Force. Could be wrong though. Just trying to make peaceful sense of things. If I've made any greivous errors let me know, but please be polite. I aim to offend no one and if I'm wrong I would like to know so I can not be wrong anymore. <p>My fingers hurt now.
LaconianSandals

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:52 am

Actually, the Gl doesn't die.<p>In most games (Xenogears especially) There is a BODY and a WILL. Grahf was the WILL of Lacan/Abel to live, and Fei was the body of Lacan/Abel. The original being Lacan was destroyed, and from him rose those 2 beings. Grahf was ultimately the predecessor to Abel if you want to go that far back.<p>When Fei witnessed his mother killed by Grahf, he turned into Id and that personality was seperate. Grahf killed his mother to awaken Id in Fei, so Grahf could get his body back since Grahf could only survive by hopping from Vessel to Vessel. Such was his strength of will and hatred of all humanity. <p>Fei, Id, Lacan and Grahf are the same person, but 4 distinct individuals. It proves that the spirit can live on, if the body dies. Personalities can also take new bodies, if given the chance or alter the present body by this method.<p>4 distinct individuals from one body and one source of life energy. <p>The Gl's physical body could have died, but her will or memories is given to Le Roof.<p>In this way the Gl dies physically, not spiritually. The GL is a spirit life form after all, so any body it had would be temporary regardless.<p>When Le Roof says that the Gl left this system long ago, it means her body left to die somewhere. Probably from severe black energy infection from the PD's attacks or her wounds.<p>Her will is very much alive in Le Roof. Lutz never died, his will is in Rune now, so the GL's will is in Le Roof.<p>Technically she never died, her body did. Spirit Life Forms do not die. <p><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1127879844[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Re: Heh, Chaz talks shit to the Great Light.

Postby zio_falz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:15 am

I used to think Chaz was being a whiny bitch in that scene, but now I totally get it.
He didnt care about fate, legend, or being a cosmic plaything while the absentee-landlord god The Great Light, just took off like a deadbeat dad.
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star