Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Zucca » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 pm

rodrigo wrote:got to see the battle animation to have a better idea. Now it just looks like a flower.
Yeah. Draw (sketch) the attach frame first. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 am

Zucca wrote:
rodrigo wrote:got to see the battle animation to have a better idea. Now it just looks like a flower.
Yeah. Draw (sketch) the attach frame first. :)

I know I should finish it and right now I have 2 frames done, but it still looks like a flower and that seems, oh I don't know, too cute for a monster. I will probably my another 2 or 3 frames of it before having a better idea of how it works, but I keep having this nagging feeling as if it's just wrong :D
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 am

Oops my typo. I meant attack. :D
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 am

Daren wrote:Quick update

I'm still working on the flower monster but I have to change a few things and that might take some time so I decided to work on something else for a little while.

Here's a new monster sprite

I figure that every PS game as a Frog type monster apart from PS1 so I decided to make one for that planet and of course, have fun naming it. I have no clue what to name it myself but the only thing I think it shouldn't be named is Froggie <_<

Alright back to work.

Spitter, VomitJet, Purple Venom Frog...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Zucca » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Hm. Venomleg? :P
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Dr_Odin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am

what about Purple Haze? :lol:
Dr_Odin
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:18 am

Dr_Odin wrote:what about Purple Haze? :lol:
I'd vote for that. :D
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Venomleg, Spitter, VomitJet, Purple Venom Frog, Purple Haze...

I must be more color blind then I thought cause I thought that was blue in color... :D I like 2 of them, Spitter and Purple Haze I think I should poll the names ;) But I'm leaning towards Spitter for now.

Alright everyone, After 3 weeks of tiring work on the script and if (* nothing changes), it has been finally completed. <-- * My problem is that I might make it a little longer and combine both the first chapter with half the second which I have not started the rewrite process yet

With the rewrite process I have cut the original script by half and added about 2 hours of new game play to it by adding new scenes, new dungeons and much more game play which is what started this whole rewrite process. If my calculations and speculations are correct the new version (and probably what will be the demo) while have about 5 hours of game play, character development and side quests.

I am debating with a friend of mine which is helping me write the new script if I should advance an early demo of about 1 to 2 hours of game play to finally show you guys the game which I have been talking about for the last year and an half. The reason is that I want to show you what I have done and I want to know if it's any good to begin with. Now a problem I have with this is that I have yet to finish all the new animations that the game requires thus I'll have to use all the old animations from previous games such as the monsters and battle animations which is something I want to avoid. The reason I have for not wanting this is that I don't want the game to go down as a mere rehash of what as already been done and in that optic turn off most players who want something completely new by branding the game as (been there, saw that)

I also have a web site in the works that I want to announce, right now the main page is completed and we are adding contents to it every day. I will give you the link to it as soon as we have a chance to finish it.
You'll get to see new screen shots, hear the music of the game, get character descriptions, see the new animations, When I finally get a willing artist there will be pictures as well, etc. I will however continue to update this tread with every new things that I make and to discuss the process with you, so in essence nothing will change here.

Alright that's all for now
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 am

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since my last update but rest assured that I'm still working hard on it.

Been hard at work making battle animations for the newly replace sprites, which takes time and patients. I'll have a big update pretty soon but I can't promise any dates so just keep looking in from time to time. I want to finish all the animations for the 3 main character before my next one, but for now, here's a little something.

Here's Lana's Ceramic Bars

Here you have Shawn using Natsu (The new body sprite replaces Rolf's)

Right now,

- Shawn's battle sprite for is sword and dagger attacks are done. I need to make animations for is Iron and Ceramic sword and dagger. I still need to make Tsu and Gitsu but these will be variations on the Natsu tech.

- Lana's Steel, Ceramic and Iron Bars are done. I need to make her battle sprite, her Fire spell and replace her old animation in her FireClaw attack.

- Nero's Sword attacks for Steel, Iron and Ceramic are completed. I still need to make his Dagger animations. I also need to make his battle sprite and replace the old one for his Sai, Gisai and Nasai techniques.

Once all these are done, I'll make one big update and start work on their screen character animations to replaces to old PS 4 and 2 animations.

There is much more to do but I'm seeing progress.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:28 am

Hey everyone

I know I said no update, but heck, why shouldn't I just make another little one.

Here is Shawn's Battle Animation.
This is his Iron Dagger Attack.

It's a little faster in game and as you can see I'm keeping the PS4 Style alive in this one.

(Edit)

And here's a screen shot of his Ceramic Dagger attack

Have a great weekend everyone.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:56 am

Amazing as always.
Do you have the weapon animations separately from each persons' attack animation?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:54 am

Zucca wrote:Amazing as always.
Do you have the weapon animations separately from each persons' attack animation?

Thanks

Yeah so I don't have to edit the original battle art every time I have to make a new weapon animation, it's way easier like that.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:39 am

Here is a few pictures of Shawn's Steel Sword.

Instead of making a gif file of the animation which takes forever to do I opted for a few pics. Of course there are more frames of animation to it but it's basically that.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby rodrigo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:43 am

I would liket o see that animated.... I guess I will have to wait for the game.
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:16 am

rodrigo wrote:I would liket o see that animated.... I guess I will have to wait for the game.

Yeah, there's a good chance that I'm not going to make new gif files out of the animations and the reason being that it's to easy to unload them into individual frames and rip them.
Not that I don't trust you guys to rip me off but I don't trust the casual individuals that just don't give a crap about others hard work and have no problem just stealing anything to suit their interest.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff