Phantasy Star III: ????? Rom Hack

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby meteor9 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:02 am

That's a weakness with the whole of PS3, though. Everyone just gets strung along until the plot resolves itself. Actually Rhys is the only one who decides to go off on his adventure (terribly stupid though it may be), whereas everyone else just sits there until their experienced parents wave them away with "go solve this huge, vague problem, will you? I'm having tea."

So I often say I only like three or four characters in this game, and that's why. Lena, Mieus, and Wren. And only one of them has any real depth to them. Somehow I doubt this would've been much different even if the developers had all the time in the world.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:54 am

One of the reasons I like Ayn's quest is because the parents seem more involved in the plot. Bots are invading, son is sent out while Dad and cousin fight off invasion. Then the story just gets more interesting from there until the end of his quest.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think Ayn's story is the best part of PSIII. This has nothing at all to do with my Sari bias. *ahem* I swear.

Biggest game gripe? It would've been nice if the developers could have included at least ONE female lead in any of the game's seven paths. *sigh*
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby rodrigo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 am

I would like to think that Rulakir set everything in motion in all generations.
He wants you to open all the passages so monsters are free.
He wants you to get the satellites back so war starts again.
And he wants you to get orakio sword so dark force is freed.
For me it makes more sense then Lyle wanted Rhys help so he kidnaps his cousin makes her have amnesia hopes Rhys falls for her then kidnaps her again?
Why is Rhys the only person on the world that could help Lyle, weren't there any other orakians around?

I think as long as your are changing the script you could really invent new things to make everything more believable.
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:29 pm

I agree Rod... I've already made the towns people talk about why Rhys would dump Lena, a noble Orakian for some woman with amneisha... I'm building more Character depth, and I have full intentions of making this game make more sense...

Also, this game is going to be harder... Bosses will be harder, enemies will give twice as much EXP and MST, so you don't have to build up, and equipment has been weakened (enemy stats outside of bosses are unedited, but the equipment weakening will make enemies "seem" harder)

I hope this rom hack goes extremely successful... Everyone please keep hitting me with story suggestions... I'll use everything you can hit me with.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 am

Anything you can do to make Alair a better marriage prospect other than a way to keep the peace between Landen and Dahlia would be nice.

Well, this is royalty we're talking about, so maybe it doesn't really matter that much.

*battle between Nial's Party and Lune is over; Nial is victorious*

Lune: Whew, well, that was fun! Now on to the hard part: Would you like to marry -this- *gestures to Alair* 1,018 year-old Layan princess, or -this- *gestures to Laya* 1,018 year-old Layan princess?

Nial: Uh, I have a girlfriend back home...

Lune: SILENCE! Your marriage will bring peace between our two people! CHOOSE YOUR BRIDE!

Nial: *scratches head, turns to the ladies* Do either of you like Dokken?

Alair: *raises hand*

Nial: Done! *points to Alair*

Lune: *nudges Laya* Hey, before you go back to your cryo-chamber, wanna...

Laya: *slap*
Last edited by Tanith on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:09 am

roflmao, no doubt
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Previous

Return to Fan stuff