Question for Phantasy Star III Fans

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Question for Phantasy Star III Fans

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 am

Completing the re scripting of Generation 1, and 2... Looking here at Generation 3 Scripts for Adan, and Aron... I don't really see any confusion or poorly scripted information... It seems Generation 3 is when the game actually starts having something to say. "Hey, you're on a space ship, this is what really happened between Orakio and Laya... This is why this does this, and that does that..."

I feel if I were to re script the third generation, I would simply be changing the entire game, and losing focus of it's original point... MAKING THE GAME UNDERSTANDABLE!

Please let me know your opinions and suggestions, as... This may be borderline done now.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:10 am

Ya'll need to be more helpful than that, seriously...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 am

The script doesn't really need to be changed; you're right. To me it would be nice to have additional script; that's the problem with the 3rd generation. The heroes don't get any lines except for when they're using megido. But if it's too much trouble adding script, I wouldn't bother.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 am

"This city is too evil to be left standing" or whatever has to go...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:30 am

lol, you got it! I will specifically change that line... Actually there is SOME scripts that need changed in the third generation to suit the extra challenge I added to the rom...

@Tanith (This @ thingy then someones name we tend to be doing here now) I "WISH" I could "call" the screen with two character portraits, or even "ADD" scripts, but that is literally impossible in the hacking of Phantasy Star III... It doesn't support it, and ruins the roms completely. Even after repairing the check sum... I do wish badly I could give all 3rd generation characters MORE personality. If it makes you feel any better, Rhys and Nial both have more lines in my version.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 pm

I wanna see the dialog fleshed out between Rhys and Lyle when he leaves you (and challenges Rhys). I always thought it felt a little...awkward.

I also wanna see WHY Ryan hates Lune and would rebel against a Layan hero. There must be some reason why, and maybe that scar has something to do with it. Either way, Ryan has always struck me as a mysterious character, so keeping some of the mystery is a good thing to keep fans guessing. :)
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

There isn't enough room to ADD dialog, only change things... Per your request, I will take some screen shots in a few!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

For some absurd reason it's BBCode isn't working...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:52 pm

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Some screen shots, although... A LOT has been edited script wise.

The problem with the third generation, is... To my understanding only Landen and Aerone change what's said depending on the leading role... This pretty much totally disables adding third generation personalities.

BTW, My rom hack also changes the names of equipments, an shops! This was my original purpose... EVERYTHING makes more sense now!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:53 am

Edge wrote:There isn't enough room to ADD dialog, only change things... Per your request, I will take some screen shots in a few!
To specify what I meant, I'd like to see their [Rhys and Lyle's] exchange when he leaves you to make more sense. I never liked it in the original (if this was fixed in your hack, then disregard my request). And it's fine if you can't do much else due to the script editing limitations.

Btw, the screenshots aren't showing. :(
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:13 am

That bites! Yes, the exchange of words are fixed, and are MUCH different from the original... It makes more sense... An if you try to turn around and leave the Guard tells you "I'd try to run too if I had to fight Prince Lyle."
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff