Fan Fiction - where to find it?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby augmentedfourth » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Tanith wrote:I think it would be good if there were content ratings, even though all PSP says is "watch your language." Ratings would be better than being vague or having to censor our writing to an extreme.

Are we allowed to submit stuff we've posted at ff.net?

I also like the idea of a ratings system, rather than just vague guidelines. I know the PSPages mention a concern for younger readers, but considering some of the original games are over 20 years old at this point, I really don't see a whole lot of young kids showing up out of nowhere (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

I was also wondering about cross-posting stories. Obviously, we don't need this to become a complete mirror of the PSPages, but I have a couple stories over there that I still kind of like (I also have stories over there that make me cringe, but I'd like to think my writing got better as I got older). As previously stated by a couple of us, there is an awful lot of garbage over at ff.net, so I'm okay with people submitting their (brilliant, well-written :P ) stories over here too. But if other people just want original stories to appear here, I think that's okay, too.
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Missagh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 pm

I also like the idea of a ratings system, rather than just vague guidelines. I know the PSPages mention a concern for younger readers, but considering some of the original games are over 20 years old at this point, I really don't see a whole lot of young kids showing up out of nowhere (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

Agreed! And I would never like to alter the creative writing of someones work. A ratings system is ideal.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am

All fanfics are welcome! I'd hate to see anything get lost because it wasn't reposted or archived.

As for submission, if the story is already on the 'net, a link is fine. Otherwise, a plain text file with some minimal HTML would be great.

You can e-mail me at benoit@gawab.com. If you only need to send a link, a PM is fine too.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Wing-0 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:57 am

BenoitRen wrote:If you only need to send a link, a PM is fine too.

No, a CAT is fine too...

Quick edit: The very first episode of my own fanfic (yeah, a fanfic) should be in Tanith's inbox for grammar checking... If it passes her revision, I'll send it to you, Benny. Since it's the very first episode... or whatever you wanna call it (I'm sticking to episodes because of Episode 1 and 2, the source material), it's just about introducing the characters, I think my narrative needs work (a lot), so expect something subpar.

This is intended to be a series retelling PSO episodes 1 and 2, only from a different angle from what one would normally expect.

Word of warning: I will try to make your bad vocabulary wider by giving you new bad words and expressions.

Lots of them...

I will also prepare the appropriate custom warning page for uploading it to the Cave...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Tanith » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Wing-0- Did you get my email and attachment? Sometimes my email from that particular address goes to people's spam/junk folder. I have no idea why.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 am

I just got home... Will check it right now (as of posting this).
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Still nothing in either of my inboxes when it comes to phanfic submissions...
BenoitRen

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey, I'm writing as fast as I can! :P Thanksgiving seems to have interrupted my writing schedule slightly (though I did manage to get in a few paragraphs while I was cooking the carrots yesterday). If I remember when I get home tonight, I'll PM you the link to my two favorite fics at the PSPages (my last two, written when I was in my very late teens, and did not suck as a writer...I hope).
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:08 am

Tanith has the draft. She's my editor... Or something.

Part of the delay is because when I sent her an email the other night, I forgot to attach the file, hohoho...

Gonna write a bit more.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:52 am

I understand that you're both writing. What I was expecting were some submissions of phanfics that were already written. :)
BenoitRen

Postby Tanith » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:44 am

I'm still trying to decide which of my fics to send. The ones that are ongoing I won't send until they're truly "done," and some of the others I want to proofread again before sending.

Wing-0- I'm reading yours now.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Benoit, you have been PMed with links. Let me know if there are any formatting issues and I'll try to clean them up. I guess to help avoid confusion, you can credit me with my handle here (augmentedfourth) whenever you put them up. (Then if people want to stalk me and my real name, they'll just have to cross-reference the PSPages! :P )
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks to some evil elderly people, today's moving took longer than expected, and I've barely got any time for myself yet again. So any site updates will have to wait a while longer...
BenoitRen

Postby Tanith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Wing-0- I'm being lazy at the moment and dropping you a quick message rather than emailing you. I forgot to let you know that in American English rules, periods and commas always go inside quotation marks. It's different in the rest of the English-speaking world, from what I've been told, so I wavered on bringing that to your attention.

Even when quoting something like "this," the comma goes on the inside.

Question and exclamation marks go on the outside except in the case of dialogue.

Again, this is only by American rules... I think...
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:45 am

This one understands. This one shall check again when this one possesses free time...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff